The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

Bill Skarsgård for Superman? He's 6'4 and I bet he could put on a lot of muscle like his older brother. There's also something kind of alien about him.

a627d296-bill-skarsgard-intervju-cafe-2022.jpg

Bill Skarsgård for Superman? He's 6'4 and I bet he could put on a lot of muscle like his older brother. There's also something kind of alien about him.

a627d296-bill-skarsgard-intervju-cafe-2022.jpg
I suggested him awhile back. He wouldn’t be my top choice, but for some reason I feel like he could work. You put enough meat on his bones and he’d really lose that goth-y creepiness.

I think he’s too much of a known commodity, though. I think it’ll be someone with much less awareness going in.

Once upon a time he would have been such a good superman

Matt Bomer would still make a great superman if they were going for the 40yrs + Superman but we all know that's not what they're going for, besides Chickflick wouldn't be happy and you know what they say "hell hath no fury..."

Actually I have been thinking a woman brainiac would be interesting.

Isn't Brainiac 8 aka Windigo a female?

After the failure of the DCEU, the chances of getting high talent seems bleak.

If they managed to get Brando, Hackmen, Suzanna York, Glen Ford etc....for Superman the movie when superhero movies were non existant I think they can manage to get a few notable actors if the script is right, because at the end of the day everybody wants to get paid.

I've never had any beef with the Matt Bomer fancasting for Supes, for the record. I do think he's officially aged out of contention, but I think once upon a time he could've been a great Supes. He's a great actor with an inherently warm/kind presence, which is the main prerequisite any Superman actor needs for me before we get into any other qualifications, imo.

And yes, Indigo, Brainiac 8, is female, but I've no interest in seeing Indigo adapted when we haven't seen OG Brainiac properly adapted for the big screen yet. I'd be fine with a female cast as the main Brainiac as well, though I think there are plenty of great male or female candidates for that one.

Weird, despite recent insistence that it’s not casting, there’s a casting breakdown...

This type of snark and pettiness is also just hilarious haha

Is the idea of making "lists" of actors kind of a way of starting the casting process?

Does it mean there will not be an open casting call? Or more so that they are determined to see some actors they have an interest in, so making this list and presenting it to a casting director makes sure they see people they have an interest in? In other words, they have certain ideas of whom to cast, and don't want to forget to see them.

Any one fairly knowledgeable about the whole process? Mr Gunn, paging Mr Gunn(a joke), but not really

I do like the idea of casting young for Clark & Lois. Plan ahead.
I don’t think casting people in the 30-range would be considered not planning ahead. In a decade’s time, they’ll only be 40, which is a perfectly reasonable age for Supes and Lois.

Last edited:
I feel like we should probably establish a middle ground between “Gunn said younger, let’s cast a 22-year-old” and “Young Superman is just a cover for wanting to rid himself of Cavill, so why not go with an actor who’ll be 40 when this movie hits”.

FilmNerdJamie having a vision.

EW9Z8WeWkAAOoWf.jpg

5U1A5769_Jake_Picking_V1.jpg

Still really liking Spencer House though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"