Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

sf2

Superhero
Reaction score
Congratulation to Zack Synder, David Goyer and his whole team for successfully bringing back superman to the big screen; and making superman awesome again in the modern world.

I am making this thread mostly because I want to express my utmost appreciation to all the hard decision and the bold direction they have to take in order to invigorate superman while still maintain the core value of the character. They have not only proven how wrong I was, but also shown that they have better and higher understanding of the character and the modern world.

I must applause them for the tough and controversial decisions they had made (listed below some). And I believe most directors would not dare to make those changes, the outcry was too unbearable :-

the suit – removing the red briefs (it was iconic!!! The suit was never the problem!!!)
Casting Laurence Fishburne as Perry White (a black!!!???)
Casting Henry Cavill as Superman (not tall enough and looked like a pretty boy only)
Casting Amy Adams as Lois Lane (was too old)
No Jimmy Olsen!!!???
No John William superman theme!!! (that’s classic as james bond’s!!!)
Storyline as origin and general Zod (remake of STM & SII !!!???)
No shirt rip-off scene!!!???
No mild reporter clark kent!!!???
No superman admiring and cheering scene from the people!!!???
No Crystal technology for Krypton!!!
Killing!!!???

I thought I wouldn’t enjoy this movie. I am so happy that I was proven wrong. Not only all the changes look great, they have introduced so much more into the story and the characters. They managed to make the movie so sci-fi, so interesting and so exciting. And most important, the future of superman looks so bright and promising.

Thank you again, Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

Thank you Snyder/Nolan/Goyer for giving me a Superman movie for my generation and just making an all-around amazing movie. :D

can the moderator help to amend the title please?
kindly add "gratitude to..." or "to..."
mod, pls help to edit the title. thanks

Last edited:
I agree, three cheers to all involved in this awesome film!

If only we can get a Superman version of this
419834_390942080960565_413326406_n.jpg

I want to thank the team for challenging Superman. Not making it easy for him. I am grateful for a new story as opposed to a rehashing of the old. I appreciate the style of Nolan Snyder and Goyer of using the source material as inspiration to add something new to the legacy as opposed to putting a comic on film page for page. I thank Hans Zimmer for being himself as opposed to chasing John Williams.

I appreciate the move forward. Evolution always wins.

I also say thanks to all those involved. Thank you for showing us the real Superman that's more closer to modern day comics and thank you for showing a more evolved Superman. If Batman can move past the campy Adam West type then so can Superman.

Thanks to the whole team, they delivered an amazing movie and its important that they stay on for the duration. Superman needs some consistency right now.

gratitude and request thread actually. :D

for the sequel, Please do more on saving while fighting action, some slow motion, graceful and peaceful flying. :)

i understand that some gave the movie 10/10. happy for you

but i dont think Goyer is the best superman writter we can get in 2014.

we / you would never get the best.

even the screen writer for STM isn't the best.

as long as they learn and pick up the constructive comments and suggestion, i think they are good. (the best)

well you dont need aaron sorkin here lol

david brought a fresh modern take on supes that was exciting and new

made superman actually relatable

just like casting actors you dont need the best actors just someone who understands the character and the genre

i personally loved the script

what Goyer did is what every writter wanted to do with superman for 20 years. making him similar to other superheroes. its not like Goyer found something new. the problem was that WB wanted the comicbook superman who is a boyscout and almost always perfect.

i like Goyer. he knows how to writte a first draft and has good ideas. but everything after the first draft needs to be given to other writters.

I really liked the direction they gave Zod and his crew, they had purpose, real purpose.
Not once did they ever talk about or sit there and go "wow look how powerful we are, we can do all these things". In fact Zod cared about it so little he was happy to terraform Earth so his people wouldn't go through the adapting pains Clarke did as a child. Everything to him was a means to an end about ensuring Krypton survives. Very well written and well done that he kept that absolutely consistent.

I'd like to thank the team for taking on Superman at all and actually seeing it through and making a successful film, that has been enjoyed by a lot of fans and non fans of Superman alike.

Despite my own issues with the film, I'm glad that we have a franchise at all, and that it's a hell of a lot better than other projects that could have come to fruition.

I'd imagine it's a pretty terrifying process to be given the reins to a new Superman movie (one of the most iconic fictional characters in history), and having to come up with a universe for that film to inhabit from scratch. And even more terrifying to start making changes to such a cultural icon, like removing the trunks and so on ............. especially with a gazillion fans watching every move.

Nonetheless, I think Snyder & Co did a sterling job and made it all work. Kudos to them for making a fantastic film and bringing a live action Superman back into the modern age.

Now please get this sequel announce and rolling...

Despite my own issues with the film, I'm glad that we have a franchise at all, and that it's a hell of a lot better than other projects that could have come to fruition.

My thoughts exactly. What I like is that the franchise has assembled a great cast, a very likeable bunch who not only are passionate about the material but can act to boot.

Congratulation to Michael Bay and his whole team for successfully bringing back the Transformers to the big screen; and making Optimus Prime awesome again in the modern world.

I am making this thread mostly because I want to express my utmost appreciation to all the hard decision and the bold direction they have to take in order to invigorate the Transformers while still maintain the core value of the characters. They have not only proven how wrong I was, but also shown that they have better and higher understanding of the characters and the modern world.

I must applause them for the tough and controversial decisions they had made (listed below some). And I believe most directors would not dare to make those changes, the outcry was too unbearable :

The designs (OMG i prefer my transformers simple!)
Casting Megan Fox (She's a bad actress!)
Casting Shea La Beouf (he screams too much!)
Casting Rosy Huntington
Giving us robot balls (they gotta have children somehow)
American Pie type of jokes (it's modern and what teens like nowadays)
Inseriting the militar and giving them a major role
No Transformers admiring and cheering scene from the people!!!???
No Crystal technology for Cybertron!!!
Killing!!!???

I thought I wouldn’t enjoy this movie. I am so happy that I was proven wrong. Not only all the changes look great, they have introduced so much more into the story and the characters. They managed to make the movie so sci-fi, so interesting and so exciting. And most important, the future of Transformers looks so bright and promising.

Thank you again, Michael Bay and the whole team, keep up the great work of modernisation and realism

Congratulation to Michael Bay and his whole team for successfully bringing back the Transformers to the big screen; and making Optimus Prime awesome again in the modern world.

I am making this thread mostly because I want to express my utmost appreciation to all the hard decision and the bold direction they have to take in order to invigorate the Transformers while still maintain the core value of the characters. They have not only proven how wrong I was, but also shown that they have better and higher understanding of the characters and the modern world.

I must applause them for the tough and controversial decisions they had made (listed below some). And I believe most directors would not dare to make those changes, the outcry was too unbearable :

The designs (OMG i prefer my transformers simple!)
Casting Megan Fox (She's a bad actress!)
Casting Shea La Beouf (he screams too much!)
Casting Rosy Huntington
Giving us robot balls (they gotta have children somehow)
American Pie type of jokes (it's modern and what teens like nowadays)
Inseriting the militar and giving them a major role
No Transformers admiring and cheering scene from the people!!!???
No Crystal technology for Cybertron!!!
Killing!!!???

I thought I wouldn’t enjoy this movie. I am so happy that I was proven wrong. Not only all the changes look great, they have introduced so much more into the story and the characters. They managed to make the movie so sci-fi, so interesting and so exciting. And most important, the future of Transformers looks so bright and promising.

Thank you again, Michael Bay and the whole team, keep up the great work of modernisation and realism
plagiarism is a crime.

Maybe your are the one without substance who couldn't see. You know... :)

It wasn't plagiarism since he did use his own words. Furthermore plagiarism is not a crime.

On a separate note, everyone is thanking the cast and crew of this project, but really we should be thanking Zod for this film. I remember that there big arguments over at The Planet between Zod and Braniac as the next villain in a Superman film. I also remember specifically that people were tired of the same old plot where Superman saves people from disasters. They wanted to see him actually hit someone and he needed a formidable foe who was his match (without being Hulk, Thor, or Doomsday). Yes, Zod eventually won out and we should be thanking him for the film's success.

Casting Laurence Fishburne as Perry White (a black!!!???)

Are you expressing surprise that he is black? Are you unsure that he is black? Are you shocked that they would cast a black person? I'm having trouble reading your punctuation and figuring out what the heck this means...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"