• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

I don't know how seriously I take it either. There's a lot of room between maybe someone saw him on some concept art and he's cast.

I would cast Kurt as DCU James Gordon before any of these other roles.
I would be okay with that, but seeing Bruce Greenwood with a mustache in Fall of the House of Usher has my mind made up as far as a number 1 choice for DCU Gordon goes.

I don't know if they can get him, but Gunn needs to find a role for RDJ.

Kurt Russell as Pa Kent works for me (though I could be swayed for Jor-El given the pic below alone, age be damned).

If he’s cast as Jonathan, I’d pair him with either Jamie Lee Curtis, Patricia Clarkson, or maybe even Dana Delany.

230817_kurt_russell.png

l-intro-1688556304.jpg

MV5BMzhhODM1MGMtMmFhYS00OTY0LWI0ZTktODU5ZmM0OTI2ZGI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXRyYW5zY29kZS13b3JrZmxvdw@@._V1_.jpg

screenshot-www.imdb_.com-2022.12.23-16_56_13.jpg

I like Kurt Russell as Jor-El and maybe Keith David for Perry White.

The only one I'm having trouble with is I don't know who I would cast as Jimmy.

Casting a former Lois Lane as Martha Kent might be too gimmicky, but I’m not positive it’ll be a big name actress.

What about Michael Rosenbaum as Steve Lombard? I never watched Smallville, so maybe it’s hard for some to divorce him from Lex but he seems like such a fan and he’s worked with Gunn before—could be cool to see him pop up in a minor role. Depends on how Lombard is written, I suppose.

Kurt Russell as Pa Kent works for me (though I could be swayed for Jor-El given the pic below alone, age be damned).

If he’s cast as Jonathan, I’d pair him with either Jamie Lee Curtis, Patricia Clarkson, or maybe even Dana Delany.

230817_kurt_russell.png

l-intro-1688556304.jpg

MV5BMzhhODM1MGMtMmFhYS00OTY0LWI0ZTktODU5ZmM0OTI2ZGI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXRyYW5zY29kZS13b3JrZmxvdw@@._V1_.jpg

screenshot-www.imdb_.com-2022.12.23-16_56_13.jpg
Patricia would be a fun Martha.

also I adore Dana so I would love to see her in everything. She was so delightfully sassy

rumor going around of Michael Rooker as General Lane...

if true, I could see it... (we knew he'd show up in it somewhere)

Rooker would make a good Sam Lane. I could see Gunn doing that since he obviously loves working with the guy and Lane is a character who could pop up in a lot of projects down the line. I still think I would rather see him as Bibbo tough, lol.

Anyway, now that we apparently have Lex cast in the film, the biggest question is Brainiac. I’m HOPING that he’s in this, even if it’s just a post-credits stinger at the end (which I would be fine with; Brainy can be the DCU’s big bad, easily and would be a better choice than Darkseid, who for my money, will always just be a more boring version of Thanos even if Darkseid was created first). Anyway, I feel like Brainiac doesn’t have to be a big name but it would help to let people know how important he is. Here are my choices based off no rumors or anything. Some are big names but not all…

Tilda Swinton
Cillian Murphy
Michael Fassbender
Jason Clarke
David Gyasi
Elizabeth Debicki
David Tennant

I know its lazy, but I'd gladly take Chukwudi Iwuji for Brainiac.

Courtney B. Vance for Perry. Anders Holm for Lombard.

I'd love jude law for jor-el.
Kate Beckinsale as lara
Kurt Russell for Jonathan.
Annette bening Martha.
Denzel Washington for perry.

I think I'm rooting for Cedric the Entertainer, Ernie Hudson, Jimmy Smits or Terry Crews for Perry.

Brendan Fraser and Connie Britton as the Kents.

I do like Rosenbaum as Lombard because he's got great comedic timing.

has Dennis Quaid been suggested for Pa Kent?
1700861339166.png
...just seems like it'd be a pretty iconic choice, surprised it isn't mentioned more offend

I think he'd be a great pick, if not a little obvious but nothing wrong with that. I hope they skew younger though. Same for his kryptonian parents.

I think Paul Reiser would be a good Pa Kent, for an older take. Younger, I still like Greg Kinnear. I think between the two, I might prefer older.

for the El's, yes (younger works)
but, the Kents were suppose to be an older couple already when they found him
(who were never able to have their own kids) if going by actual age he's about 39 years older then Corenswet (which they did say he'd be playing around his age) that doesn't seem too old to take in a child and raise them as your own... (and someone like Quaid can still get away with playing abit younger then his actual age) if their age isn't address directly I don't see anyone question them being too old

yonger Kent's worked better in Smallville... but, this story is around an adult Clark

not sure who'd be a good Martha to his Pa, tho?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"