The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

Gillian Jacobs would be a grand choice for Lois.

I personally like the current cast best! But I hope the writers & directors won't screw it, cause then we will get YET ANOTHER reboot, starting all over again. Besides, we'd miss the chance to see villains like Darkseid or Brainiac on screen!

Yeah, but... we might get ZOD again! That would make everyone happy, wouldn't it? ;)

Mister Mxyzptlk for Man of Steel 2.

I cannot explain what it is I like about Kaya Scodelario, but I am thinking about her as Lois right now. She might still be a little too young though. Gillian Jacobs too, would be great as well.

Last edited:
Superman: Up in the Sky

Steel - Sterling K Brown
http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F7c52adca8b8e1028eeecbdeb2ec68718%2F204652217%2F623652914.jpg

Cat Grant - Kate McKinnon
kate-mckinnon-759.jpg

Jimmy Olsen - Evan Peters
evan-peters-1.jpg

Clark - Henry Cavill
16-henry-carvill-1.w710.h473.jpg

Metallo - Ryan Gosling
GTY_ryan_gosling_mm_160603_12x5_992.jpg

Brainiac - Ralph Fiennes
ralph_fiennes_afp_260516.jpg

--------------

And for a sequel, Superman: War World

Kara - Angourie Rice
6098600b520623433ae02922302fb5ca

Mongul - Ed Harris
ed_harris.jpg

Lobo - John Cena
8070_1.8.jpg

Last edited:
Clark Kent/ Superman : Benjamin Walker
Lois Lane : Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Lex Luthor: Sterling K Brown
Perry White : John C McGinley
Jimmy Olsen: Joe Kerry
Jonathon Kent: Bruce Greenwood
Martha Kent: Frances McDormand
Joe-el : Jude Law
Lara: Rose Byrne

Metallo: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
Parasite : Ben Foster
Toyman: Elijah Wood
Brainiac: Peter Weller

The opening credits would be his origin. It would show Joe-El and Lara sending their baby on his journey to earth while Krypton was dying

*Bump* In light of the news that Henry will no longer be Superman, let the casting wars begin again!!!

It's gotta either be Tom Welling or Brandon Routh, guys.... :o

But seriously, I really liked Cavill as Supes. So this news kinda sucks.

Only problem with Walker is that he's already 36 years old, and THR is saying that a new Superman movie wouldn't happen for another several years. So he'd be nearing forty by then, if not over.

In fact, the potential time table on a new Superman movie is going to make fan-casting especially difficult. Are we talking four years? Five years? Ten? Actors who may be great choices now might not even be a factor by the time they get rolling on a new movie. We may need to start looking at guys in their mid-late 20's.

Timothée Chalamet - Superman
Saoirse Ronan - Lois Lane
Lucas Hedges - Lex Luthor

It's gotta either be Tom Welling or Brandon Routh, guys.... :o

But seriously, I really liked Cavill as Supes. So this news kinda sucks.

Basically this. I will spend the day thinking of some new names, though.

Following today's news that Henry Cavill is reportedly done with the role of Superman, Deadline reports that Warner Bros. has considered casting Michael B. Jordan in the role for future installments down the road.

Sources have reported that future Superman movies are several years out, but that Warner Bros. has been looking at different angles to take with future films, as they are aware the current DC universe has not seen the level of success with fans as they would like.

Superman: Michael B. Jordan Reportedly Being Considered to Replace Henry Cavill - IGN

So Cavil is out, we're getting a Supergirl movie, they want Micahel B Jordon for the new Superman, Matt Reeves Batman is different than Affleck's, we're still getting a sequel to WW, Aquaman will be out soon, and we're getting a solo Joker movie.

PrNwNpj.gif

I don’t think MBJ would be the right choice for Superman anyway, even if they were looking to cast black actor. He was a good fit for Human torch but I don’t think he’d be right for Supes.

Kind of wanted MBJ as Nightwing.

Coming in 2020

The New Superman

Superman/Clark Kent: Michael B. Jordan
Lois Lane: Rebecca Hall
Lex Luthor: Christopher Eccleston
Perry White: Jeff Bridges
Brainiac: James Spader
John Corben: Logan Marshall-Green
Doomsday: Mickey Rourke

I mean, I've got no problem with Superman being black in general. I also don't have a problem with them saying Man of Steel/BvS/Justice League are no longer canon, even though I liked Man of Steel. But unless they've changed their minds about keeping the DCEU all technically canon, I don't see how they could cast Michael B. Jordan and expect people not to be confused, or more likely for the most part, just straight up assume it's a reboot.

Then again, maybe they have changed their minds, and this is their way of making it as clear as possible that the Cavill movies are out as canon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"