The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

Is Super Pets doing well? Maybe The Rock will push for Krasinski to get the part if WB keeps ducking his calls about Cavill. :o

Is Super Pets doing well?
Nope. It's too early to say "flop" since it could get some legs as a lot of kids movies tend to do, but "well" is definitely not something it is doing its opening weekend, lol.

Nope. It's too early to say "flop" since it could get some legs as a lot of kids movies tend to do, but "well" is definitely not something it is doing its opening weekend, lol.

Yikes. :funny: Chris Stuckmann loved the movie so I was wondering if it was getting good WOM.

I mean, it’s still number one, so I think it’s more a testament to summer movie season beginning to taper off than the film itself.

What are everyone’s thoughts about Jessica Henwick as Lois Lane?
I'd be down with it.
I suggested her a couple months ago.

Jessica-Henwick-Unforgettable-Gala-GettyImages-1358523317-H-2021.jpg

Yeah good call; I figured someone must have by this point.

True, I had almost forgotten about that 20-year gap of development hell. Like others have said, I'm glad that we at least have S&L on TV right now.

I still wish Warner Bros would get their act together and give fans the Superman film that most of us have been waiting for since S:TM.
Unfortunately, they'll probably hire some director who doesn't "get"superman ( again ) and we'll end up getting some art house fluff film with an even darker and more brooding clark.
I'm kidding, but knowing how WB has been, am I really?

I'd be down for someone making a name for themselves like Travis Knight. He shows a lot of potential and feels like he's about to break the tension on going from good to great.

I think WB/Discovery is so spooked at this moment, with Superpets doing only middling, the failure of the last two Superman movie projects, the whole Flash fiasco, the Batgirl cancellation, the Supergirl maybe in limbo moment, that the most conservative(in terms of ideas for a movie, not Politics) is the way they will move forward.

I can't see WB being experimental on this new movie, not in story, in Director, in casting, in tone, in look, in style, in the Superman suit, or characterization. I think they will play it safe on all fronts, with maybe some small tweaking on the edges.

The WB/DC movie world is in disarray, a disappointment with WW 84, Superpets(maybe), and the Flash immolation, any sane person at Discovery must be looking for results, not art or a statement.

No throwing pasta again a wall and seeing what sticks. Not after the last few months a WB/Discovery

I could totally see WB blaming Super Pets flopping on Superman being unrelatable and unpopular as a character. It would make no sense really, but this is WB we’re talking about.

I doubt They're that fickle, fact of the matter is super pets is has always been a niche DC property and this is their first CG animated theatrical outing with the IP. There was definitely no guarantee of success.

They don't want or need my input, but if I were in charge of a ten year plan for DC, and I had the power to do it, this would be my plan and slate.
I would try to give the fans and the public really good films with one overreaching storyline on top of each films individual story lines.

I'd make a lex origin film first.
From his childhood to his multi-billion adulthood.
Show the genius, the arrogance, the "I'll step on anyone who gets in my way" Lex, etc.
How Lex became "Lex".

He's on top of the world. Fame, power, and worth hundreds of billions of dollars.
Then at the very end, Superman makes his first public appearance and ruins it all.
Matthew McConaughey would be Lex.

Also, Spectre would have a cameo in alot of the films, foreshadowing the coming crisis on infinite Earths.
The anti Monitor would be the underlying villain throughout.

2nd, A Martian manhunter film ( cameo by spectre, superman )

A Superman film ( Lex and Brainiac )

A GL film ( Hal Jordan, GL corps ) cameo by spectre, warning of things to come.

Lobo ( superman, cameo by Lex )

Vandal savage.
( wonder woman, cameo by Lex )

Power girl and miss martian (cameo mm and ww )

Batman ( killer croc, joker )

Black Adam vs Shazam. ( superman )

Etrigan. ( cameo by spectre, Dr Fate.
The film Moves through several centuries )

A Spectre origin film. ( Dr Fate, zatanna )

A Darkseid origin. ( new gods play a big part )

Booster gold and the Atom
( cameo GL and Lex )

Superman 2 ( vs Darkseid ) roles for Booster gold, Batman, Lex, atom, shazam, gl, hawkman and woman, Dr Fate, Etrigan, and the flash.)

A monitor and anti monitor film.
( the anti Monitor kills the monitor and then kills Darkseid without half trying.) There is room for only one galactic destroyer...
( cameos spectre, superman, and Dr Fate)

Deadman ( with batman, and a cameo by spectre )

Booster gold and atom (cameo, Lex, Dr fate )

A Dr Fate film. ( and a big role for spectre, cameo etrigan )

John Stewart ( Hal Jordan and the GL corps for a cameo )

Batman Worlds Finest ( with Deadman and superman, with a cameo by spectre and big roles for lex and joker )

Swamp thing ( Dr Fate, Etrigan. cameo by spectre )

Hawkman and hawkwoman ( john Stewart and spectre cameos )

Jay garrick with wally west and Barry Allen.
( cameo by superman, Lex, and spectre )
Call it......flashback.

Crisis on infinite Earths 1
The spectre gathers heroes for battle from across the galaxy and from different Earths. Whole worlds are destroyed by the anti monitor.
He makes his move toward our Earth.

Several million die. The anti Monitor doesn't want to conquer, he simply wants to destroy.
A pitched battle ensues.
Heroes fall saving citizens.
Even what were once called villains are saving citizens.
Spectre whisks all remaing heroes, villains, and citizens of earth away to safety at the end to a different Earth.
Our Earth is then destroyed.

Crisis on infinite Earths part 2.
Several years later on a different Earth. It looks the same tho.
They regroup.
Spectre has gathered more heroes from different Earths.
( and some villains, as they know it will be the end of all things if they don't help, ie, lobo, lex, joker, Black Adam, kalibak, etc ) vs the anti monitor.
We see several different variants of different heroes. 3 or 4 different superman(s), flash(s), etc.
Huge battle scenes follow.

We shed Some tears and give alot of cheers. Some villains redeem themselves by giving up their lives to stop the anti Monitor.
We lose several main heroes also.

My thinking is, go big or go home.
If they at WB aren't really going to get into it like we want and need them to, then I'd rather we get nothing.
That would be far less painful than watching our favorite heroes get bad treatment on film again.

Last edited:
Since this is what most of you seem to want at the moment, meet your Lois and Clark:

JacobElordi-2018.jpg

natalia-dyer-attends-the-2019-giffoni-film-festival-in-giffoni-valle-piana-italy-210719_11.jpg

look-at-it-spongebob.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"