The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

Resurrection is so bad, it crosses into the so bad it's good/hilarious territory. That alone makes it better than 5. 5 is just a miserable, confounding slog.

Last time I put Resurrection on as part of my marathon, I couldn't really finish it. It's so bad and i feel like the only reason I was able to watch it back in the day was because I was a kid.

I'm not saying it's my favorite, but would I watch it again? oh hell yea.

IyUP5Jy.gif

Busta Rhymes makes it. He genuinely gives a good performance and if it wasn't for him and the trashy early 00's way about it, this movie would be a void like the bad Friday the 13th or Nightmare sequels.

SoupyLivelyHarpyeagle-max-1mb.gif

Jason X and Halloween Resurrection make for a good double feature. :hehe:

Congrats to JLC. I love the acceptance speech lol.

Between this trilogy, the Exorcist news and his involvement with the Hellraiser series on HBO, it’s wild to see how much of a horror guy David Gordon Green is crafting himself into.

Nice. Am I crazy or does that look like the stairs in the Myers house?

Since this one likely plays out much like the original H2, continuing the very same night as the first film, I wonder what that means for Halloween Ends. Setting three films released years apart on the same night is probably a stretch, so... time jump for the third film? Halloween night a year or two later?

Since this one likely plays out much like the original H2, continuing the very same night as the first film, I wonder what that means for Halloween Ends. Setting three films released years apart on the same night is probably a stretch, so... time jump for the third film? Halloween night a year or two later?

Surely it would have to be

I really think they're all on the same night, otherwise the whereabouts of MM for the durations between time jumps becomes outlandish (within context of this particular timeline).

If Kills ends with him wandering off into the darkness, where does he go? If he "dies" at the end of Kills, does he just pop up coincidentally on Halloween the next year? Is Laurie's family dumb enough to stay in Haddonfield and wait around again for Halloween and MM?

I think Kills ends with Haddonfield in complete disarray and maybe a culmination of residents gathering, fortifying, and planning to go after MM in Ends.

Yeah I think Ends is on the same night, too. The 2018 movie was marketed as Laurie's final battle with Michael. I remember after 2018 people thought a sequel was flying in the face of that because they thought a sequel would be set on another Halloween night, until we found out Kills is continuing on the same night.

I believe Ends will do the same. Its all on the 40th anniversary of 1978's Halloween.

I think they realistically have to all be on the same night or same couple days at least.

If not, what the hell is Michael doing for a year until the next Halloween?

Hmmm.....

Let the speculation begin as to why/how they are at the Myers house.

It may be as simple as Michael walking past it...noticing it's being lived in...and proceeds to take out those living there. Wondering why Allyson decided to go though? Fun speculation at least to get us through some of the wait time.

Nice, he looks like he's in a nu metal music video. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"