Justice League The Home Release Thread - Hopes & possible fears

Mandon Knight

We did it......
Reaction score
Hi all,

What do people want/expect from the blu ray home release, due in February I believe.

Restored 'complete' cut, incorporating cinematic and Snyder scenes ? One complete director's 'real' edition ? Extended & deleted scenes ? Making of doc's, what do we think will 'allowed' to be released in the way of the story behind what's happened ?

Thoughts & wishes here.

Definitely Snyder's 3 hour cut, that's all I need. Plus BTS, artworks, designs, all that delicious stuff.

I'm not expecting much in terms of extras or an extended cut because usually movies that seriously underperform in theatres don't get very good home releases.

I'm fairly certain they won't pour more money into this and that some of Snyder's stuff isn't even completed enough to put it into film

Just give me deleted Aquaman scenes and I'm gonna be happy

To be realistic about it, it’s unlikely to get a “Snyder cut”. At least at this point. They won’t release a cut that contradicts the canon in the theatrical, just like how they didn’t release the original Ayer cut of SS. I am however expecting an extended cut. And not necessarily true that movies that underperform don’t get extended cuts...Green Lantern did.

There’s not going to be a mythical ‘Snyder cut’. There will be a few deleted scenes, or an extended version just like normal movies. JL looks to be underperforming enormously at the box office. WB aren’t going to plough millions more into putting together a totally different cut for a very niche audience.

Yes, we are sadly not getting a Snyder Cut, its just not possible. The only way it would happen is if Snyder came back and did it himself under WB's supervision and we all know that ain't happening. All I'm hoping for is an extended cut with backstory put back in. 10-15 mins of additional footage.

But then, what I really want to happen once the movie's out of Home Video is have a fan edit where Danny Elfman's pitifully insulting score is replaced with Junkie XL and Hans Zimmer. In fact, I'd be willing to collaborate with any Hypsters whose up tot he task of doing it (I know Consona is going to try). I think there's more than enough existing music out there from both composers' oeuvre that we can integrate some epic sounding music and amplify the film.

This post will be deleted as these moderators are very selective of what they allow to be said, but Synder has not even watched the final cut of JL. That implies that WB did not seek him out to make sure the final cut was OK. So who made that decision?

So who would assemble the extended cut? Synder is clearly out of the picture so I doubt he will do it. For good or for bad, WB pulled this film from Synder, that to me is clear.

There’s not going to be a mythical ‘Snyder cut’. There will be a few deleted scenes, or an extended version just like normal movies. JL looks to be underperforming enormously at the box office. WB aren’t going to plough millions more into putting together a totally different cut for a very niche audience.

There's is no "mythical" cut. Don't blow things up. There is the Snyder cut of JL that WB suits saw. It's somewhere on somebody's hard-drive.

This post will be deleted as these moderators are very selective of what they allow to be said, but Synder has not even watched the final cut of JL. That implies that WB did not seek him out to make sure the final cut was OK. So who made that decision?

So who would assemble the extended cut? Synder is clearly out of the picture so I doubt he will do it. For good or for bad, WB pulled this film from Synder, that to me is clear.

There is nothing wrong with this post, why would anybody delete it?

Yes, Zack himself said he has not seen the movie.

Last edited:
I think the most we can hope for is an extended cut with 15 minutes of additional footage.

I wouldn't mind seeing a three-hour cut. I didn't end up enjoying BvS after the extended cut but I at least understood the movie a little more.

If anything PLEASE PLEASE FIX Superman ‘s digital mouth.

Make it more believable.

That mouth can go a long way for me. I like all of Superman ‘s scenes BUT that mouth since the beginning where the kid was interviewing him totally put a splinter in my mind that still lingers until now.

If anything PLEASE PLEASE FIX Superman ‘s digital mouth.

Make it more believable.

That mouth can go a long way for me. I like all of Superman ‘s scenes BUT that mouth since the beginning where the kid was interviewing him totally put a splinter in my mind that still lingers until now.

Agreed, that would make me very happy.

There's is no "mythical" cut. Don't blow things up. There is the Snyder cut of JL that WB suits saw. It's somewhere on somebody's hard-drive.

I agree with this, a few people have already confirmed it, even before JL was launched in theaters. WB should release that, and the full Whedon version with more CGI clean up. Like I said in another thread, Infernal Affairs, a Hong Kong movie that ultimately was adapted by Hollywood as The Departed, had not 2 but 3 alternate endings. You can actually choose who you want to win, ie cops/mob. That movie was a huge hit in Asia.

How cool would it be to have a blu-ray with 2 different versions of the same movie - one to please the Zack Snyder fans, and the other to please the Joss Whedon fans? Watch whichever makes you happy. Since there's so much trashed footage that people are craving to see in context, add them all in. Make both movies 2-3hour+. And if more work is done on Superman's lip + longer run-time, maybe the reshot scenes will look a whole lot better and for all we know, the two groups of fans will converge to love a common version of the DCEU.

Highly doubt we'll ever get the original Snyder cut, it's on the ash heap by now.

The more likely option is an extended cut, hopefully with improved CGI and for the love of god make Cavill look not creepy.

I'm expecting an extended cut.
There's no reason why there can't be one.
This is one film that deserves it.

if we aren't getting an extended cut then I'm officially checking out of the fanbase for the DCEU. I've never in my life had a movie viewing experience where I felt I got a more well-rounded, satisfying package from trailers and promotional snippets than the movie itself.

if we aren't getting an extended cut then I'm officially checking out of the fanbase for the DCEU. I've never in my life had a movie viewing experience where I felt I got a more well-rounded, satisfying package from trailers and promotional snippets than the movie itself.
I know what you mean. It sucks. My enthusiasm for the franchise is just about gone right now. They crew at WB are cowardly and have no idea what they're doing. I mean, they got cold feet with SS's darker content and reshot a lot of that. They cut 30 mins from BvS. They wanted to delete the No Man's Land scene from WW. Then they cut most of Snyder's content and put in a bland Elfman score. Meh. I have no doubt they'll keep making these stupid decisions.

I know what you mean. It sucks. My enthusiasm for the franchise is just about gone right now. They crew at WB are cowardly and have no idea what they're doing. I mean, they got cold feet with SS's darker content and reshot a lot of that. They cut 30 mins from BvS. They wanted to delete the No Man's Land scene from WW. Then they cut most of Snyder's content and put in a bland Elfman score. Meh. I have no doubt they'll keep making these stupid decisions.

I agree and see where you're coming from. Though, I'm more hopeful they can pull it together and think they will because...why not? Also, didn't Jenkins confirm it was her own team that mulled over pulling the No Man's Land scene? Whatever it was, thank GOD they didn't!

Yes, we are sadly not getting a Snyder Cut, its just not possible. The only way it would happen is if Snyder came back and did it himself under WB's supervision and we all know that ain't happening. All I'm hoping for is an extended cut with backstory put back in. 10-15 mins of additional footage.

But then, what I really want to happen once the movie's out of Home Video is have a fan edit where Danny Elfman's pitifully insulting score is replaced with Junkie XL and Hans Zimmer. In fact, I'd be willing to collaborate with any Hypsters whose up tot he task of doing it (I know Consona is going to try). I think there's more than enough existing music out there from both composers' oeuvre that we can integrate some epic sounding music and amplify the film.

I, too, intend to work on this. I'm happy to collaborate ;)

Let's make it happen Woody. I just finished watching Baby Driver for the first time (i ****ing loved it) and that movie reminded me of the importance of music in film. When it sucks it brings down the whole film but when its good it makes the film soar.

Let's make it happen Woody. I just finished watching Baby Driver for the first time (i ****ing loved it) and that movie reminded me of the importance of music in film. When it sucks it brings down the whole film but when its good it makes the film soar.
Hell yeah it does. I'm down, I'll work on my mad skills between now and then :woot:

Come right in, SkullDevil. The more the merrier. Off the top of my head, I think we can reuse a lot of stuff from the MoS soundtrack, definitely WW's theme from BvS, and The Mad Max soundtrack has a TON of stuff we can use especially for the action sequences. I'm open to other suggestions. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"