Justice League The Home Release Thread - Hopes & possible fears

The only takeaway I have from this is that it's encouraging to see that many people gave the movie a shot after the fact.

Didn't some article in HR (or some other trade, I forget which.. ) say that if the JL - Blurays/DVD's sell well, chances of getting Extended Cut may increase ?

Edit: They could technically speaking still release the Extended Cut on their new streaming service so as to cut down on the costs of actually publishing Blurays.
When/if WB finally decide to release the extended or Zack Snyder version, I hope it's on a 4K/Blu-ray disc. Best picture & sound quality possible!

I'm starting to realize that I think the REAL reason WB will never release it is not because its not done, nor because there isn't a monetary incentive for them-- its because of the continuity. The more we learn about Zack's movie the more it seems they really hired Whedon to completely change the story and story arcs of the characters to ensure they had a clean slate with them going forward. I think in the eleventh hour, WB realized that they perhaps gave Zack too much freedom with the Leaguers' storyies and where he left them for their own solo movies and they didnt want Zack's story choices to determine what their future plans where for them.

Think about it. They were hedging their bets. Clark was originally going to propose to Lois and they likely were going to end the film engaged, meaning MOS 2 would have to pick up on that story thread. They had Arthur's whole backstory laid out with Vulko and Mera in the movie meanwhile James Wan is filming Aquaman's solo and wanting to go his own way and likely ignored a lot of Zack's backstory. Victor Stone's dad died in JL originally and, therefore couldn't be used in a possible Cyborg solo. We were going to see Barry's first meeting with Iris West (who they may or may not have been considering recasting), setting up his love interest for his solo. Basically, the studio did not want to be "stuck" with Zack's story choices with all of these characters and it sounds like he and Terrio laid a LOT of groundwork for these characters for the future. Groundwork that likely is not going to be picked up on, ever. So releasing the Snyder version would be filled with contradictory story arcs for characters that they have future plans for.

Thus is the downside of having an ongoing cinematic universe. IF MOS-JL was a finite movie trilogy, then it wouldn't be an issue and they'd likely release it but in an ongoing, neverending DCEU, they cannot have an "alternate cut."

Last edited:
I'm starting to realize that I think the REAL reason WB will never release it is not because its not done, nor because there isn't a monetary incentive for them-- its because of the continuity. The more we learn about Zack's movie the more it seems they really hired Whedon to completely change the story and story arcs of the characters to ensure they had a clean slate with them going forward. I think in the eleventh hour, WB realized that they perhaps gave Zack too much freedom with the Leaguers' storyies and where he left them for their own solo movies and they didnt want Zack's story choices to determine what their future plans where for them.

Think about it. They were hedging their bets. Clark was originally going to propose to Lois and they likely were going to end the film engaged, meaning MOS 2 would have to pick up on that story thread. They had Arthur's whole backstory laid out with Vulko and Mera in the movie meanwhile James Wan is filming Aquaman's solo and wanting to go his own way and likely ignored a lot of Zack's backstory. Victor Stone's dad died in JL originally and, therefore couldn't be used in a possible Cyborg solo. We were going to see Barry's first meeting with Iris West (who they may or may not have been considering recasting), setting up his love interest for his solo. Basically, the studio did not want to be "stuck" with Zack's story choices with all of these characters and it sounds like he and Terrio laid a LOT of groundwork for these characters for the future. Groundwork that likely is not going to be picked up on, ever. So releasing the Snyder version would be filled with contradictory story arcs for characters that they have future plans for.

Thus is the downside of having an ongoing cinematic universe. IF MOS-JL was a finite movie trilogy, then it wouldn't be an issue and they'd likely release it but in an ongoing, neverending DCEU, they cannot have an "alternate cut."
I think it was not so much about JL contradicting story arcs of individual characters but it had more to do with solo movies left with little to show regarding character development in their solo movies.

Having said that, The Extended Cut could feature extended scenes, some of the originally shot scenes by Snyder (with cinematographer Matt Wagner) which were seen in some trailers, like extended scene of Battle of Humans, Atlanteans and Amazons Vs Steppenwolf, then original scene of Lois Lane talking to Martha Kent, the final Battle in the third act of the movie and there's the deleted scene of Superman meeting Alfred, Superman emerging out of his ship, Superman getting his suit back and Alfred meeting the League in Batcave etc.

Wan specifically said Snyder was very accomodating of his story choices, and they worked together to avoid stepping on each other's toes. Snyder said the same regarding Flash's 2nd suit. And its not as if WB doesnt retcon **** either, they already did it a lot with JL with some of the reshoots stuff.

So yeah, not buying that argument. It was time, the 2hr mandate and cutting anything that counts as serious or dark, that lead to this.

The one thing that upsets me about JL is they completely changed Lois and Martha's role in the movie. I also did'nt like the fact that they changed the fact that it was Lois looking up in the sky at Superman when he returned. Which I'm sure was meant to be an emotional moment as well.

The one thing that upsets me about JL is they completely changed Lois and Martha's role in the movie. I also did'nt like the fact that they changed the fact that it was Lois looking up in the sky at Superman when he returned. Which I'm sure was meant to be an emotional moment as well.

I do wonder what the context of that clip from the trailer of Lois looking up in the sky was.

You also very recently had Jeffrey Dean Morgan strongly suggesting that he and Zack had discussed him returning to play Thomas Wayne as Batman in the Flashpoint movie, but that the idea had likely been scrapped when plans for the Flash movie were heavily altered.

And yeah I pretty much had the same idea on Cyborg's dad. Cyborg's supporting cast is so small as it is that killing off his dad would've been detrimental to his solo movie (which I'm skeptical is even still happening, but I digress).

I dont see Cyborg being any sort of priority for WB anytime in the foreseeable future. The Batman, SS 2, Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Aquaman, The Flash, and an eventual Man of Steel sequel are going to keep the studio busy for the next 5 year at least.

It's a shame, because Ray obviously has a lot of passion for the part and seems to love interacting with the fans.

With Cavill out, WB should just be cool and give us that #Snydercut to end this era properly :oldrazz::word::csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"