Director:
Steven Soderbergh

Starring:
Matt Damon
Scott Bakula
Thomas F. Wilson
Joel McHale

Plot Outline:
''The Informant,'' is about a corporate giant brought to justice by one of its employees.

Damon would play Mark Whitacre, who worked for agribusiness giant Archer Daniels Midland, and who leaked details of a price-fixing scam that ultimately resulted in a $100 million fine for the company. It's not clear when the Warner Bros. movie would shoot; Soderbergh's next project for the studio is ''Ocean's Twelve,'' an ''Ocean's Eleven'' sequel that would star George Clooney and some of the other actors from the first film, possibly including Damon.

More join Damon in The Informant
Date : April 26, 2008 Writer : "Caffeinated" Clint Morris

The supporting cast of Matt Damon’s new flick “The Informant” is getting more interesting by the day – if only because director Steven Soderbergh seems to be casting comedians!

Hot on the heels of the Joel McHale (‘’The Soup’’) casting announcement – hilariously good! - comes word that “Back to the Future” villain, the terrific Thomas F. Wilson (‘Biff’) is also on board, as is Eddie Jemison from the “Ocean’s” movies, Mike O’Malley, who played Jimmy on “Yes, Dear”, and “Mad TV” funny man Andrew Daly. For a couple of those fellows, particularly Wilson and Malley, it’s a huge coup being cast in the film; comebacks all ‘round!

Still, you’d think this was a “Fletch” rather than a serious crime-thriller, wouldn’t you!?

matt_damon_banner.jpg

matt_damon1.jpg

matt_damon2.jpg

matt_damon3.jpg

I don't know how, but Matt Damon somehow reminds me of Val Kilmer...

That's an odd look. Matt Damon with a mustache... :woot:

I can't wait to see Joel McHale in a serious role. Well, semi-serious.

Scott Bakula, nice. :up:
I want to run my fingers through Damon's hair and cut that wedding ring off. :cmad:

Looks like he plumped up:
22753pcn_Damon03wtmkpreview.jpg

22753pcn_Damon01wtmkpreview.jpg

One Report says 30 pounds

Matt Damon Defines Summer Style in Steven Soderbergh’s The InformantPosted on Wednesday, June 25th, 2008 at 12:21 pm by: Hunter Stephenson

spl35823_008.jpg

It’s time to play everyone’s favorite game, “Rejected Sears model, Amber Alert suspect or Matt Damon in character.” A celeb site ickily called Splash received a batch of open-shirted, pale Damon photos from the set of Steven Soderbergh’s The Informant. We haven’t talked much about the flick on /Film: Damon plays Mark Whitacre, “the highest level executive to turn whistle-blower in U.S. history,” whose prolonged undercover work for the FBI gathering price-fixing evidence against his employer, an agri-biz powerhouse, um, did nothing to help a severe bipolar disorder.

Moreover, Whitacre embezzled millions from his employer while working with the “good guys.” He was released from prison in 2006 after serving more than eight years, and now has a COO position in bio-tech. If you saw the guy pictured here at the hotel pool, such a bizarre narc trajectory would sound about right, no? Scott Bakula will play the main FBI dude in the film, which is a welcome/unpredictable casting choice for a role usually created for Christian Bale. Opening March ‘09, The Informant looks to join notable white collar paranoia thrillers like The Insider, Michael Clayton and Damon’s own The Good Shepherd.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/25...er-style-in-steven-soderberghs-the-informant/

That's a change for him. This is looking really interesting... and a big role change for him.

Excellent trailer, I was expecting this to be quite good but my hopes just went up. :up: Can't wait.

The trailer really took me by surprise, I'm not a fan of Sodebergh and wasn't really feeling the premise, but Damon looks to have given a fantastic performance and the film looks like a lot of fun.

ha! that's hilarious! kinda like that..

Scott Bakula and Joel Mchale? What? That's awesome casting, holy ****.... I'm pumped for this. :D

I love this kind of humor , should be good .

Why was I under the impression that this was gonna be a more serious film?

I was surprised at how funny this looks too, and it looks like Joel Mchale has a pretty big role in this :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"