The Justice Leagues!

JewishHobbit

Avenger
Reaction score
I found the news below and couldn't find a JLA thread or even a main Justice League thread (though I could be blind). So I thought I'd start one. So this thread is for all the Justice League books (Justice League, Justice League of America, Justice League Dark) as well as any offshoots that are relevant (Superman, Green Arrow, Constantine, etc.).

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF CANADA!

Come spring, Justice League of America will become Justice League of Canada. The cast is not revealed, though it's going to have a bunch of A-listers, Adam Strange (who will be Canadian), and an original Canadian character. It won't be a team of Canadians as much as the remaining members of the JLA moving to Canada and adopting some Canadian members. Whether I read this depends on the roster, but I'm curious for upcoming reveals.

My first reaction when I saw that I was not to interested, but like you said, if the line up is good why not? Maybe skim it before purchase.

The JLC team should be multicultural, very ethnically diverse. There should be ideally people from all segments of Canada. The writers should not be afraid to have the headquarters in a real Canadian city, and not just invent a fictional place. Toronto would be a good start.

BTW: Marvel already tried the "Omega Flight" mini-series concept with 50% American characters-- so we'll see how this goes.

I don't think it's going to be specifically Canadian though, just headquartered in Canada. Three members of the JLA will be transferring to the JLC so already we have three Americans and two Canadians.

I hope they hang out at a Tim Hortons's... :up:

:yay:

Who do you think will stick around? I think Martian Manhunter and Green Arrow will definitely stay.

Green Arrow, Green Lantern (Simon Baz), and Martian Manhunter are my picks.

But then, all the Justice League teams are suppose to get a shake up post-Trinity War/Forever Evil, so who knows.

I think Zantana is going to the Justice League. And wherever they fall, I don't see Superman or Shazam being on the same team. Johns mentioned that there'd be a strong relationship between Shazam and Cyborg, so I think those two are going to stay with the Justice League. Due to that, I see Superman going Justice League Canada. Would Wonder Woman follow him? Hmm

Actually, I could see them split the big 3 between the teams.

Wonder Woman - Justice League

Superman - Justice League Canada (to give it sales)

Batman - Justice League Dark (to up sales)

I'm hoping there isn't a HUGE shake up, as I don't want to see too many changes to Justice League or Justice League Dark (the only two I read), but we'll see how it plays out.

So many questions, so many possible heroes, so many possible Canadians! And Adam Strange! Yes!

I work for a website where two of our editors are Canadian so I had to post an article about this, at the end I told them to suit up cause their country needed them.

Johns mentioned that Hal would be returning to the League at some point. So I guess he's in for the main League too.

I can imagine all of the people *****ing if Superman moved to Canada though.

I don't think Superman will leave, it just wouldn't feel right. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's nice outside, so I decided to go out and read. I wasn't really in the mood to read a book, so I decided to take some comics. I've been feeling a little 'blah' about Trinity War because it feels like Johns is cramming too much into it, so I took it (along with Phantom Stranger and Constantine) out to read in one sitting. I had a feeling it'd read better that way. Note: I skimmed Pandora 1 and 2 as well but didn't read them. I'm just not feeling those, and so far they don't seem important to the main story like PS and Constantine are.

So after reading through everything it really did read better. I was better able to keep track of where the characters were. I was able to follow all the threats. I was able to get into the story. Now I find myself really excited for Wednesday's conclusion!

Yeah I'm all in on Trinity War. I actually really like the Pandora books, she's just a really awesome character with an interesting story, glad she has her own series.

I like her as a character but her book has just sorta left me uninterested. I skipped issue 3 but might go back and get it. I don't know yet.

Who do you think will stick around? I think Martian Manhunter and Green Arrow will definitely stay.
Martian Manhunter maybe, but I don't see Green Arrow staying with the events going on in his book and Ollie getting along more with the main Justice League in Trinity War really make it feel like his tenure on the team will be rather short lived.

I think that the characters that will remain will be Vibe, Stargirl, and Simon Baz/Martian Manhunter.

I can actually see Green Arrow stepping up, moving the team out of America due to his being bitter about how it all played out, and maybe even leading once they're in Canada. Johns says they'll have A-Listers on the team, so there has to be more than Vibe, Stargirl, and Simon Baz. I feel like Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter are the ones that'll fit that A-List ranking.

Oh all the leaguers you know Vibe isn't going to Canada. He has a family and he wouldn't leave them.

With Vibe's book on the verge of cancellation, I wouldn't be surprised to see DC try and find ways to continue pushing the character considering how much effort they put into him since Justice League of America launched.

He's going to get cancelled? That sucks! I loved his book. He'll stay on one of the Justice Leagues though no doubt.

At worst he might join the Teen Titans but I'd rather he stay with the League.

Maybe Vibe can Vibe-rate Lobdell off of Teen Titans from a universe away. :o

He's going to get cancelled? That sucks! I loved his book. He'll stay on one of the Justice Leagues though no doubt
Look at the sales of Vibe, they've been an absolute disaster for DC. Cancellation for that book is inevitable. And I honestly don't get why DC even thought that publishing an ongoing based on Vibe was a good business decision.

Cause Geoff Johns wanted it to happen.
True, but even then someone at DC's management should have been like that this was a disaster waiting to happen. Vibe is considered to be a joke of a character much like Aquaman was before Johns took over the character. However, unlike with Aquaman who was built up through Brightest Day and given the momentum of the New 52 to establish his cred, Vibe was just thrust upon us.

They had to start somewhere, true they maybe should have used JLA a little more before giving us the main series but it worked. And anyone who has read Vibe knows that this version is lightyears ahead of the past version and has brought respect to the character

They had to start somewhere, true they maybe should have used JLA a little more before giving us the main series but it worked. And anyone who has read Vibe knows that this version is lightyears ahead of the past version and has brought respect to the character
I agree you have to start somewhere but instead they did the exact opposite of what they did with Aquaman (low profile creative team, launched him out of nowhere, didn't build him up to create demand). And it doesn't matter how good a Vibe book is, it's just like with Aquaman, even though past Aquaman books were great, he was still seen as an absolute joke of a character by anyone who isn't an Aquaman fan (which consisted of me, Corp, and not very many other people).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"