The Rise of Skywalker The Knights of Ren

I think the Knights of Ren should be a bit like a gang who's far more hard core and brutal than Kylo is. They could be siths who are more along the lines of Darth Maul i.e. a lot less emotionally conflicted and a deeper connection to the darkside.

If they're sith , they're likely to want to overthrow Kylo for being what they would consider "too soft".

The Sith are extinct now. So there are only dark side Force users.

We really need to see these guys in IX.

They keep saying the Sith are dead, and yet Kylo and Snoke act just like sith.

Andy Serkis and the visual dictionary made it a point though to say Snoke is not Sith. So apparently, in terms of Lucasfilm, they are not Sith.

I could see Hux trying to sway some of them to his side in a potential coup against Kylo.

This, I can definitely see something like this happening. Especially in light of Kylo’s sometimes rash actions.

I do hope we see much more of the Knights in episode IX though.

This, I can definitely see something like this happening. Especially in light of Kylo’s sometimes rash actions.

I do hope we see much more of the Knights in episode IX though.

We need them in IX for sure, and I wish we'd seen more of them already.

We need them in IX for sure, and I wish we'd seen more of them already.

Agreed. I do wish we could have seen Luke and Rey team up against them and Kylo at some point. But that’s out of the window now.

Agreed. I do wish we could have seen Luke and Rey team up against them and Kylo at some point. But that’s out of the window now.

Yeah, there was that rumour that we might have got that in VIII. I love the Throne room scene but would have loved to have got this as well. I think modern SW movies can go for a bit more action and that might help its popularity in overseas markets too.

Really hope to see them fully in Episode IX!!

I know the E7 novel/etc. state otherwise, but if the Knights Of Ren vision Rey had was something from the future... I'd be so happy.

After this film, if Ren became his own Vader/Palpatine mix where he's head boss as well as the muscle across the universe with the Knights in tow, it'd be so badass.

I know the E7 novel/etc. state otherwise, but if the Knights Of Ren vision Rey had was something from the future... I'd be so happy.

After this film, if Ren became his own Vader/Palpatine mix where he's head boss as well as the muscle across the universe with the Knights in tow, it'd be so badass.

That'd be cool. I wonder what kind of resolution they would go for in IX if they were to do this though.

Kylo is full fledged down the dark path, but maybe one of the Knights can be turned? Something like that wouldn't surprise me, and it would give Rey an ally with some force training.

I could see Hux trying to sway some of them to his side in a potential coup against Kylo.

I would like to see both of these.

Hux and Rey turning a Ren knight against Kylo for different reasons would make for some great shenanigans in the final showdown.

Also, assuming IX jumps ahead a few years I think we'll the Knights of Ren numbers cut down from the original six with Rey and the Resistance having had various encounters with them over the years, similar to the Inquisitors on Rebels.

The Knights of Ren were the biggest missed opportunity in TLJ. I feel like they should have been shown or at least mentioned, that way in IX they can be seen as Kylos army type of thing.

Maybe we DID see them as those Praetorian guards of Snoke..

Putting the Knight of Ren in episode 9 as a rag tag group of badass prodigy warriors would be a stroke of genius and win back quite few fans (as if they were gonna skip episode 9, lol).

There's every reason to expect they'll be in IX, not least of which is the fact that Abrams was the one who came up with them in the first place.

The Knights of Ren and TLJ's ending are two reasons why I really hope that Rey will have her own force sensitive pupils. At this point, if Lucasfilm is looking at ways to break new ground... well... we really haven't ever seen a force fight among more than 3 people.

The KoR need to be in this. A shame they weren't introed before this film.

The KoR need to be in this. A shame they weren't introed before this film.

Snoke mentions them by name, and they appear in Rey's force vision in VII. And they might've been referenced in VIII.

Snoke mentions them by name, and they appear in Rey's force vision in VII. And they might've been referenced in VIII.

Yes. I meant properly introed, like involved in an action scene with Luke or something cool like that. And then getting much more significance in IX.

It’s strange the way 2 movies in we have barely seen them. Thought TLJ especially we would see them in action.

Sounds like Rian wanted them to be the Praetorian guard originally.

Glad he didn't though, as they didn't have sabers in the TFA vision, which should be enough to discount the "they're the other students that left Luke" theory. I don't see why anyone with training would ditch sabers for blaster rifles & oldschool bladed weapons.

Still figuring they're probably just that criminal youth gang Kylo fell in with prior to the Luke training, mentioned in the supplementary stuff. Might have hooked up with them again for a while after bailing on Luke. They're probably more...Crips members, than space-samurai. Only real reason it makes sense with Kylo leading them as "master", anyway, given he doesn't know d*ck about the Force in the scheme of things himself, he's a newbie.

The Knights of Ren are just such a fun concept that they have to be included. I wouldn't mind if Episode 9's plot is just a bunch of boss battles with different locations and knights, uncovering secrets or whatever haha.

I could see IX have Kylo vs Rey, and various knights going against FInn and Poe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"