The Last Jedi The Last Jedi Home Release Thread

rashad

Hype Board Junkie
Reaction score
Best Buy Exclusive

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-w...d-only--best-buy-2017/6169016.p?skuId=6169016

Best Buy Exclusive

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-w...y-only--best-buy-2017/6166202.p?skuId=6166202

Standard Blu-ray + Digital

4K + Blu-ray + Digital

Target Exclusive

40-page booklet includes an inside, behind-the-scenes look at the making of Star Wars: The Last Jedi with exclusive images, facts and personal insights from writer/director Rian Johnson. PLUS receive the exclusive featurette “Meet the Porgs” about the making of the lovable characters.
https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-...-blu-ray-dvd-digital/-/A-53211599#lnk=sametab

Already pre-orderd the Best Buy 4K steelbox.

I wont get this yet. I already have the PT and OT in separate 3 packs, will wait for IX to relase to get the ST

Not getting the steelbook only because I don't have any of the other films in steelbook, and I will not re-buy them unless the OT's original cuts come to blu ray in a steelbook.

No release date yet, correct?

Most likely early April, with the digital release in late March. That’s when TFA and Rogue One were out.

Amazon and Disney still hate each other, so I can’t preorder from there, but the Target version looks pretty neat.

Most likely early April, with the digital release in late March. That’s when TFA and Rogue One were out.

Amazon and Disney still hate each other, so I can’t preorder from there, but the Target version looks pretty neat.

Even so, I am less worried about it being sold out day 1. I will be able to find a store that has it, LOL! I mean, it's Star Wars! Should be over stocked.

I hope Disney does what they did with TFA and releases a 3D collector's edition later in the year. But since they seem to be moving away from 3D, I'm not going to hold my breath. Even if they do, I still might get that Target version. Just like I did last time. Because I'm a sucker.

Just got back from WalMart. They have several different versions. I'm poor so I bought the bare bones DVD. I'm going to watch it now.

I am just getting the Blu Ray + Digital. I like my editions to match, and it is closest match.

Waiting for me at guest services at Target :up:

I picked up my copy this morning. It's crazy how Star Wars is the only big franchise left that puts any effort into its special features. I'm looking forward to watching the feature length documentary.

I picked up my copy this morning. It's crazy how Star Wars is the only big franchise left that puts any effort into its special features. I'm looking forward to watching the feature length documentary.

I was going to watch Doctor Strange tonight to get my marathon nearly complete, but I must say...this is a good idea, LOL!

I'm looking forward to watching the making of doc. There probably won't be one as thorough and "warts and all" for a Star Wars movie in some time, maybe ever. It's a nice consolation prize for the JW Rinzler book on TFA that was finished but never published.

My 4K steelbook should be arriving today. Looking forward to the feature-length doc, I miss those kinds of in-depth special features. Fincher's movies always get them, which I love, but it doesn't happen very often anymore. I wonder if it's due to the expense/hassle, discord behind-the-scenes or studios not wanting to divulge too many secrets. Marvel did it for the first two Iron Mans, but that stopped after the Disney acquisition. Hopefully this doc is different than the last two SW ones, which were uninformative puff pieces.

Johnson seems to be going all out on TLJ (risky/bold story decisions, film-length doc, isolated score) and I really appreicate. Can't wait for his new SW trilogy.

I watched the extras when I bought the digital version, and the extra features are terrific, particularly “The Director and the Jedi”, and “Balance of the Force” features. There are some nice candid moments with the cast & crew, it doesn’t shy away from Mark Hamill’s initial misgivings about the direction they took with Luke (and no, he’s not all mad about it, I saw him and Frank Oz at the 92Y event last week and he had nothing but nice things to say about Rian), and I loved Rian’s reasoning for why the mystery of Rey’s family turned out the way it did.

They also had to bleep out Carrie Fisher at one point, so we got one last vintage Carrie moment. :funny:

I pre-ordered the blu-ray version as well, but I couldn’t wait and got the digital too. I’m going to give the code that comes with the disc to my sister.

I also got the regular bare-bones DVD that's similar to Force Awakens.

Has anyone tried watching Force Awakens with Last Jedi to get one continuous story?

I also got the regular bare-bones DVD that's similar to Force Awakens.

Has anyone tried watching Force Awakens with Last Jedi to get one continuous story?

During the snow day we had last week, I marathoned: Star Wars, Empire, Jedi, Force Awakens, and Last Jedi.

The Rey scenes at the beginning are so much sadder now when you know the truth about her parents.

Now the only thing continuous from Last Jedi to Episode IX is Kylo Ren ruling the First Order.

Hopefully Luke will appear as a Force ghost.

Just got the 'Resistance' cover version of the blu-ray too tie in with the Force 'light' side version of TFA I got when it was released.

Wish I wasn't so OCD, as the 3-D cover was :hmr: and that looked great, but I wanted all my eventual 3 films to be the same type of packaging.

The Last Jedi has a 7 week head start on Black Panther.

DhC7xTd.png

Black Panther is ahead of it in both SKUs combined week to week for the 8 weeks that are available.

uXgW1XZ.png

Top-Selling Video Titles in the United States 2018 - The Numbers

The Last Jedi's est. physical % of est. total tickets ratio is lower than many of other titles. Big standouts are titles like Coco and Thor Ragnarok and The Greatest Showman.

That's nice. :) I'm simply relating that it's sales are good and it will pass the fan lauded Rogue One. Nothing is catching The Force Awakens. Not even Infinity War.

NPD stats: Media Play News – Bringing Entertainment Home

NPD disc sellers said:
Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 09-01-18
Black Panther: #11
The Last Jedi: n/a

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 08-25-18
Black Panther: #7

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 08-18-18
Black Panther: #5

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 08-11-18
Black Panther: #9

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 08-04-18

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 07-28-18

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 07-21-18

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 07-14-18

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 07-07-18
Black Panther: #4

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 06-30-18
Black Panther: #4

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 06-23-18
The Last Jedi: #17

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 06-16-18
Black Panther: #3
The Last Jedi: #14

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 06-09-18
Black Panther: #2
The Last Jedi: #9

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 06-02-18
Black Panther: #1
The Last Jedi: #7

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 05-26-18
Black Panther: #1
The Last Jedi: #7

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 05-19-18
Black Panther: #1 (new)
The Last Jedi: #5

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 05-12-18
The Last Jedi: #6

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 05-05-18

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 04-28-18

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 04-21-18
The Last Jedi: #2

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 04-14-18
The Last Jedi: #2

Top 20 Sellers for Week Ended 04-07-18
The Last Jedi: #1 (new)

Here's the head-to-head comparison by weeks in ranking (16 weeks):
BP: 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 5 - 7 - 7 - 7 - 9 - 5 - 7 - 11
TLJ: 1 - 2 - 2 - 5 - 5 - 6 - 5 - 7 - 7 - 9 - 14 - 17 - n/a - n/a - n/a - n/a

According to the latest posted estimate from The-Numbers.com, Black Panther has passed The Last Jedi (even with a 7 week head start) in combined units sold (DVD+BD).

Top-Selling Video Titles in the United States 2018 - The Numbers

Black Panther: 3,912,932
Star Wars Ep. VIII: The Last Jedi: 3,896,015

Just watched the 'Making Of' documentary for the first time, it was excellent (as was the TFA accompanying one as well).

Still don't agree with many of the decisions made in the story build and hope we find resolution in many unanswered areas in Ep 9, but it made me appreciate the film more for watching it. Have to re-watch it as only saw it at cinema once and not watched at home yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"