Marvel Films The Marvel Studios News and Discussion Thread

I do wonder if the Ally McBeal tone for She-Hulk was ultimately the right approach. Going for a CGI She-Hulk doesn't work for a streaming show because you don't have the same amount of time to work on and find tune the model like you do for a summer blockbuster where you can spend a year working on it and making it look good. The CGI model for Jen just did not look good in most of the episodes she was in, and the money they spent on it looks like it was ultimately wasted.

I think it would've been fine if it was a bit more balanced and they didn't just throwaway and abandon multiple subplots.

Thanos in Infinity war wasn't Thanos coming into the next movie after Infinity War, either. Yet Infinity War is definitely his more popular appearance over Endgame.

And Kang losing once hardly makes him the Washington Generals.
Because Thanos won. Imagine Thanos lost in GOTG instead of Ronan but Marvel kept hyping him eventually winning. That's Kang before Majors got fired.

Hindsight 20/20, making Kang the main villain of Quantumania was ridiculous. It was a bad move.

Last edited:
Because Thanos won. Imagine Thanos lost in GOTG instead of Ronan but Marvel kept hyping him eventually winning. That's Kang before Majors got fired.
That was a problem I had with Loki, but at least he was the main villain of a phase, not a saga.

I don't know why they just don't recast? They can still do Kang justice IMO if they feel the character is underwhelming. Idk looking back, I think they definitely should've recast Chadwick for BP but Ryan did not want to or he would walk.
Yeah I'm firmly in the "just recast Majors, no one is gonna really care" camp.

If they're not recasting him it's because Kang has been an incredibly underwhelming villain, which had nothing to do with Majors, and after everything that happened with the actor they seem to take the opportunity to replace the character too.

I have zero interest in Kang. I know close to nothing about the guy, his powers are abstract as hell. Is hard to care, honestly.
They have been failing miserably at creating dynamic storytelling.

At this rate they'll have to recast Blade. :o

Lost another director? This film ain't happening lol

Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne were never fit to be the main Ant-Man and Wasp of the MCU. We needed Hank Pym and Janet. They are the better characters.

Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne were never fit to be the main Ant-Man and Wasp of the MCU. We needed Hank Pym and Janet. They are the better characters.

tbf, that is more on Edgar Wright than Marvel's decision, when he specifically had chose Scott over Hank.
If not for his specific vision for his Ant-Man film (the movie we all know that he ultimately didnt ended up directing it), we could've had the classic Avengers line up in the first movie with Hank and Janet alongside the Big 3.

tbf, that is more on Edgar Wright than Marvel's decision, when he specifically had chose Scott over Hank.
If not for his specific vision for his Ant-Man film (the movie we all know that he ultimately didnt ended up directing it), we could've had the classic Avengers line up in the first movie with Hank and Janet alongside the Big 3.
Edgar Wright who left the project and they were and are no longer beholden to. And frankly, he could've been overruled on that.

Frankly, I don't think the Ant-Man films would have been more successful if they had Hank and Janet instead of Scott and Hope. Though Quantumania had disappointing returns, the series did have 3 entries. That's a success. It may not be what some fans may have preferred, but the Ant-Man film series had more success than Ant-Man, the character, ever did in comics. Hank could never keep a solo title in comics. He was always a supporting character. But the MCU had 2 successful Ant-Man films and even if the 3rd one was less successful, still managed a trilogy. So if we are talking personal preference, that's entirely up to you. But in terms of success, it was a good decision that made Marvel Studios money

Edgar Wright who left the project and they were and are no longer beholden to. And frankly, he could've been overruled on that.
Kinda hard to overrule that when Scott is the main character of the movie and Wright had been hired at a time when the MCU hadn't even existed yet. Wright that had been more less attached to Ant-Man as far back as 2000 (when it was originally gonna be made by Artistan). And became attached again when Marvel Studios hired him in 2006. Because this was before Iron Man even came out, he was given creative freedom to do whatever he wanted.

And tbh, it makes sense. Marvel Studios hadn't produced anything, they had no idea how the MCU was gonna take off and it was a real get to bring in Wright who at the time had already released Shaun of the Dead and about to release Hot Fuzz. You got Wright on board, he already had written a script and was invested in the character, makes sense to give him the keys to the car. Had he never been attached, I'm not entirely sure we would have gotten an Ant-Man movie at all.

Side note, The Reign of Marvel Studios book has a chapter on all this. I've touted it before, but the book is a pretty interesting read (if nothing else to read about all the Hollywood and business drama). I recommend it.

Last edited:
Kinda hard to overrule that when Scott is the main character of the movie and Wright had been hired at a time when the MCU hadn't even existed yet. Wright that had been more less attached to Ant-Man as far back as 2000 (when it was originally gonna be made by Artistan). And became attached again when Marvel Studios hired him in 2006. Because this was before Iron Man even came out, he was given creative freedom to do whatever he wanted.

And tbh, it makes sense. Marvel Studios hadn't produced anything, they had no idea how the MCU was gonna take off and it was a real get to bring in Wright who at the time had already released Shaun of the Dead and about to release Hot Fuzz. You got Wright on board, he already had written a script and was invested in the character, makes sense to give him the keys to the car. Had he never been attached, I'm not entirely sure we would have gotten an Ant-Man movie at all.

Side note, The Reign of Marvel Studios book has a chapter on all this. I've touted it before, but the book is a pretty interesting read (if nothing else to read about all the Hollywood and business drama). I recommend it.

Sure but post 2012, post-Avengers he hadn't filmed anything yet. And it didn't continue to make sense at that point. And he ultimately left the project because he didn't want to make MCU changes. So granting him all that free reign became kind of a waste.

If they stuck with some kind of standalone we're just making an Ant-Man movie not connected to any other franchise, then it would've been fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"