Marvel Films The Marvel Studios News and Discussion Thread

I would pick Clea, if its a socrerer related thing.

I've seen Wong too many times in The Multiverse Saga so far. And Dr. Strange being the Avenger representative/connection is too similar to No Way Home.

I would pick Clea, if its a socrerer related thing.

I've seen Wong too many times in The Multiverse Saga so far. And Dr. Strange being the Avenger representative/connection is too similar to No Way Home.
Okay I just rewatched Multiverse of Madness today. Not Clea but America Chavez, she probably knows how to do that socrery portal thingy now. Plus the Multiverse travel is her main thing. So she would be very fitting.

This does seem to lead credence to the possiblity of a Thor 5. It seems like he wants to go out on a high note.
The worst part of Love and Thunder was that it had so many good ideas, good concepts, and a story that should have been epic- and it was turned into a parody.

The other day, I just watched Love/Thunder for the first time after watching it in the theater back in 2022.

Its an entertaining film but its flaws are clearly seen. If only they made it more serious and not throw in so many jokes, it would really hold more weight, especially with Jane's final days, and having a dark villain. It should have been really a personal film. But they went overboard with the jokes which really overshadowed the film's strengths. And I couldn't stand Taika's voice as Korg. It was such a distraction.

The other day, I just watched Love/Thunder for the first time after watching it in the theater back in 2022.

Its an entertaining film but its flaws are clearly seen. If only they made it more serious and not throw in so many jokes, it would really hold more weight, especially with Jane's final days, and having a dark villain. It should have been really a personal film. But they went overboard with the jokes which really overshadowed the film's strengths. And I couldn't stand Taika's voice as Korg. It was such a distraction.
Korg is the clear representation of something that worked in Ragnarok but didn't in Love & Thunder. Same with Valkyrie, useless props.

Korg is the clear representation of something that worked in Ragnarok but didn't in Love & Thunder. Same with Valkyrie, useless props.
I love Korg but for me, Korg works in small doses, like how he was in Ragnarok. But L&T tripled down on him and he kinda lost his what made him work in the first place.

Korg didn't work for me at all in Ragnarok. He still wasn't very funny in L&T, but had a few moments at least. And in L&T he was actually a 3 dimensional character instead of just bad jokes. He was even relevant to the core theme of the movie for once.

I still liked the hammer joke in Ragnarok. I felt Korg was at least more restrained in that movie.

The first Thor is still my favorite and while I get a lot of general audience-goers probably liked Thor's reinvention in Ragnarok, there's a noticeable tonal shift going from that to not Love and Thunder, but Infinity War.

The first Thor movie was awesome! There were only a handful of Marvel IPs that had a critically well received movie at that time - X-Men, Spider-Man and Iron Man. Fourth one was Thor. So it was quite refreshing and exciting that there was a well made Thor movie. The Hulk movies were around the 60s in Rotten Tomatoes, so I don't consider below 70% as well reviewed movies.

Thor 2011 is also my favorite Thor movie.

Korg didn't work for me at all in Ragnarok. He still wasn't very funny in L&T, but had a few moments at least. And in L&T he was actually a 3 dimensional character instead of just bad jokes. He was even relevant to the core theme of the movie for once.
The movies would have been fine without him. I'm not a fan.

The worst part of Love and Thunder was that it had so many good ideas, good concepts, and a story that should have been epic- and it was turned into a parody.

Agreed 1000%...they adapted the best storyline in Thor's comics lore in recent years and they turned it into a sitcom comedy.
What a big miss-opportunity right there! 😮‍💨

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"