• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Master of Mystic arts: The official Doctor Strange Thread

I thought it kinda sucked, like all the other DTV stuff Marvel's done.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE ANIMATED Doctor Strange movie is like THE BEST movie of ALL TIME. Did u like any of the other animated marvel movies?

Yeah, the Doc Strange movie was the best... or not.

Most of Marvel's DTV movies haven't been too great, as far as I'm concerned. Ultimate Avengers was all right, UA2 was just weird and felt like they didn't really know where they wanted to take the series, and Iron Man was decent but mediocre.

They are all based on Ultimate Marvel, they are doomed to fail.

I'm assuming the Tony Stark-esque Doctor Strange post by OP is Ultimate anyway.

I thought the Iron Man DTV was about as good as an Iron Man DTV could have been.

It was decent. Origin stories bore me now, though. They always play out the same way, but they always change little things for no real reason. I'd prefer to see an actual Iron Man adventure rather than a rushed origin and a bunch of mystic mumbo-jumbo leading up to an ending fight with the Mandarin.

Yeah, but a story that doesn't revolve around the origin just isn't feasable. They have to make these things with the assumption that the audience knows next to nothing about Iron Man.

I actually think the worse thing about Superhero movies/feature cartoons are the need to place origins in. Main reason I'm disapointed in most of them.

Like I said, they have to appeal to the lowest common demoninator. That's just not going to change.

There have been cartoons and series that have dropped the viewer in medias res, with the hero established and everything set up. Usually they flashback to the origin later on, after the viewers have gotten to know the hero.

Batman: The Animated Series, the '94 Spider-Man series, the MTV Spider-Man series (built on the movie, which featured the origin, so that may not count), the '92 X-Men series, the current Fantastic Four series, the '94 Iron Man series, the '96 Hulk series, and probably others.

I honestly don't remember how any of those series started off, except for the X-Men series. I remember that one dropping the audience right smack in the middle of things with Morph biting the bullet in the first episode. I'll take your word for it on the others. I was mainly referring to actual DTV or feature films, though.

Fair enough. Feature films tend to need to start at the beginning and build the franchise from there. Still, I wish retelling the origins weren't necessary every single time.

Batman: The Animated Series, the '94 Spider-Man series, the MTV Spider-Man series (built on the movie, which featured the origin, so that may not count), the '92 X-Men series, the current Fantastic Four series, the '94 Iron Man series, the '96 Hulk series, and probably others.

You forgot that crazy alternate universe Spider Man

Spider-Man Unlimited. But that was basically a continuation of the '94 series.

I do actually like that design for the classic suit. And looking back on it, that new suit they used for the show wouldn't be so bad if they just did away with that crappy web-cape thing.

Man, that's a stupid costume but Skroce pulls it off. He's awesome. I wish he did more comic book work.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE ANIMATED Doctor Strange movie is like THE BEST movie of ALL TIME. Did u like any of the other animated marvel movies?

They were all mediocre. Every last one of em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"