• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Homecoming The MCU Easter Egg thread

Ok thanks ^^
I swear I saw a girl with Platinum Blonde hair that made instantly think of Felicia Hardy. She was right at the beginning of the highschool scene just before the camera panned over to Peter.

Was it just me, or did Spidey's eyes looked like Superior Spider-Man's when he used the Killer Mode?

Avenger tower
Avenger facility
Captain America
Iron Spider
Battle of New York aftermath
chitauri tech
mini Arc reactors
Ultron tech
Battle in germany
Happy
Tony & Pepper

I'm sorry but how are these considered easter eggs? Pepper perhaps but certainly not Happy and Tony, I would call those co-stars.

I thought [BLACKOUT]when Spidey saved Liz, in a very familiar situation, definitely was a nice nod to both, "The Death of Gwen Stacy" from the comics & TASM2....luckily this time, the damsel in distress was saved & survived.[/BLACKOUT]

I thought it was pretty clever and cool to acknowledge Raimi's spider man
in the Elevator of the Washington Monument.

Peter asked who was going to track Vulture's weapons if he didn't.

Tony said there were people that handled that sorta thing.

Peter asked if that was the Avengers.

Tony said no, that these guys were below the Avengers' pay grade.

Since this show takes place in-universe after The Defenders TV series (it is confirmed to take place soon after Iron Fist), I figured he was referencing the recently-formed team.

It goes:

- Civil War (May 2016)
- Agents of SHIELD S3, episodes 20-22 (May 2016)
- Black Panther (May 2016)
- Iron Fist (June 2016)
- The Defenders (June 2016)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 2016)

However, that ended up proving to be the FBI.

I forget which Spidey/Vulture fight but, in one, Vulture ends up silhouetted against the moon. Nice Batman nod.

I thought [BLACKOUT]when Spidey saved Liz, in a very familiar situation, definitely was a nice nod to both, "The Death of Gwen Stacy" from the comics & TASM2....luckily this time, the damsel in distress was saved & survived.[/BLACKOUT]
I thought the exact same too.

I forget which Spidey/Vulture fight but, in one, Vulture ends up silhouetted against the moon. Nice Batman nod.

In the very first one, right after he drops Spidey into the lake.
It was pretty obvious and very awesome. I loved that detail (especially since Keaton is my favorite Batman).

batmann.jpg

- "I'll check my schedule, I have a hot date with Black Widow".
- Betty Brant already interested in the news business.
- "I'd F Thor, marry Iron Man and kill The Hulk"
- "Vision is cool with doors...and walls...you'll get along" (something among those lines).

Thor's magic belt. Anyone know what Happy was referencing?

Loved all the nods to Damage Control! And I'm surprised no one's mentioned the homage to that famous scene in ASM 33.

I didn't even think about the Batman nod :doh:... It happened so fast that I could only think about how cool it looked lol

What's the name of Tony's first creation thing? It's in here too with Happy for a second.

Well that's what I'm interpreting it as lol

I think he was referencing the FBI as well. That being said, while not necessarily an Easter Egg, there was a clear deliberate parallel between the Vulture's crew and Diamondback's Judas Bullets. It makes me wonder if Stryker's source was a different location or if he got them from Toombs.

I thought of that as well. Also from the comics, of course, is the reference to the iconic scene in "If This Be My Destiny!" with the wreckage trapping Spider-Man.

- Spider-man theme song remix in opening marvel studios logo

- Ned asked Peter if he could shoot venom, and the number "300" is shown clearly in one scene, Amazing spider-man #300 is the first appearance of Venom

- Ned, of course, turns into Hobgoblin in the comics, and is married to Betty Brant, shown in the school news channel

- Costume at the end is seemingly the "iron spider" suit. I was actually waiting for the legs to spring out. I would have fainted in the cinema

Not really an MCU Easter egg, but I'm glad they made Pete a Mets fan because

A) The Mets are based in Queens, the Yankees in the Bronx

B) The Mets better represent the underdog mentality than the Yankees

Also, I'm a Mets fan! :cwink:

Yeah I noticed a bunch of stuff that was mentioned like the Principal's picture of his grandfather (father?) (Nice idea might be the reason he still used the Cap videos) and Prowler's interest in something for climbing (picked that up on second viewing).

Glad I wasn't the only one that caught the climbing reference. I was beginning to think I imagined it, LOL.

Ned is the hobgoblin in the comics? Are they or were they friends in the comics?

Ned is the hobgoblin in the comics? Are they or were they friends in the comics?

Long story short, in the comics, Ned was framed as the Hobgoblin. He was a reporter at the Bugle and a rival to Peter for Betty who ends up marrying her. Pete and Ned were not friends, but they were coworkers and friendly.

One of the teachers says "Hey Flash, it doesn't matter if you're fast if you're gonna be wrong" or something like that.
I don't know why, but I thought it was a jab at DC for their quick universe-building.

Ned was a reporter at the daily bugle and I believe he was a rival when Peter was interested in Betty Brant. He wasn't actually the Hobgoblin, I believe he was brainwashed to be framed. Though I think it was very convoluted so I would not expect that to happen with any future film.

^ I haven't read that far, but having read the early Ned Leeds stuff, it's a bit of a shame that they did that to him because he came off as a really nice guy.

One of the teachers says "Hey Flash, it doesn't matter if you're fast if you're gonna be wrong" or something like that.
I don't know why, but I thought it was a jab at DC for their quick universe-building.

I wouldn't go that far, but I do think it's a reference to DC's Flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"