• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homecoming The MCU Easter Egg thread

I think he was referencing the FBI as well. That being said, while not necessarily an Easter Egg, there was a clear deliberate parallel between the Vulture's crew and Diamondback's Judas Bullets. It makes me wonder if Stryker's source was a different location or if he got them from Toombs.

I thought of that as well. Also from the comics, of course, is the reference to the iconic scene in "If This Be My Destiny!" with the wreckage trapping Spider-Man.
It was said in Luke Cage that he got them from Hammer.

Avenger tower
Avenger facility
Captain America
Iron Spider
Battle of New York aftermath
chitauri tech
mini Arc reactors
Ultron tech
Battle in germany
Happy
Tony & Pepper
The majority of those are Easter Eggs, lol.

Ok thanks ^^
I swear I saw a girl with Platinum Blonde hair that made instantly think of Felicia Hardy. She was right at the beginning of the highschool scene just before the camera panned over to Peter.
She's in the trailer as well. Not Felicia though.

That does remind me: did it bug anyone else that they made Betty Brant look like Gwen?

Not really an MCU Easter egg, but I'm glad they made Pete a Mets fan because

A) The Mets are based in Queens, the Yankees in the Bronx

B) The Mets better represent the underdog mentality than the Yankees

Also, I'm a Mets fan! :cwink:

I actually got so excited when I saw the Mike Piazza banner and the other Mets paraphernalia in Pete's room.

And I'm a Braves fan. lol

Shame there were no references to the Netflix side of the universe
Not even a New York Bulletin newspaper

Lol, did the Daily Bugle even show up?

Is Kenneth Choi's character of Midtown Principal a descendant of Morita from the Howling Commandos, of which Choi played the same character? I just happened to notice a photo of him in military uniform in his office, if I'm not mistaken.

Is Kenneth Choi's character of Midtown Principal a descendant of Morita from the Howling Commandos, of which Choi played the same character? I just happened to notice a photo of him in military uniform in his office, if I'm not mistaken.
I've seen it stated as such in multiple places so I believe he's supposed to be.

Just got back from watching it a 3rd time :woot:
Not really an MCU reference, but it is a Spider-Man reference.
I didn't notice before but, on this occasion, when Aunt May is dropping Peter & Ned to Liz's party, her car registration/license plate says AMF 1562 - an obvious reference to Spidey's debut in Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962

Well, that part I know. I was asking where they got the Chitauri tech from.

They never said in the show so, I guess you could assume Hammer got it from Toomes. It's stretching but, you could go with it.

Just got back from watching it a 3rd time :woot:
Not really an MCU reference, but it is a Spider-Man reference.
I didn't notice before but, on this occasion, when Aunt May is dropping Peter & Ned to Liz's party, her car registration/license plate says AMF 1562 - an obvious reference to Spidey's debut in Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962

Also ned tries to thank peter for including him in "this amazing Fant..." but gets cut off before he can complete the reference lol

They've said in various moments throughout the MCU (movies, shows, shorts) that there was a major black market for the tech as people had run rabid picking stuff up after the Battle of NY. So Hammer either dealt in the black market or was able to get scrapes off the street like others.

They never said in the show so, I guess you could assume Hammer got it from Toomes. It's stretching but, you could go with it.

This films does setup Toomes as the premiere black market dealer of chitari items. Since they never described how Hammer got the metal be an easy connection to make. I do recall them saying the bullets were made from chitari metal, could be that Toomes sold the metal bits first to fund the rest of the operation. I think it great thread for Luke Cage to follow, Shocker's gauntlets would make an excellent challenge for Cage.

her car registration/license plate says AMF 1562 - an obvious reference to Spidey's debut in Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962

Also ned tries to thank peter for including him in "this amazing Fant..." but gets cut off before he can complete the reference lol

Wow wow wow wow!

I can only dream of a mcu X-Men movie with this many eggs :-(

I was hoping someone would mention the new take on an old Peter trait of stashing/webbing his camera, in places to get photos of Spidey...in this more modern take, he's using his cell phone. Very nice homage to Bugle's future Photographer: Peter Parker.

Hope in the future, see him use a GoPro. :sly:

Didn't cross my mind that Cindy could be Cindy Moon aka Silk. Very cool

I'm also starting to wonder if Michael Mando's Gargan could possibly be working undercover as a thug/inmate thus playing a P.I. after all. Guess we'll have to wait and see although, Jennifer Connelly (Karen) did identify him as if he has a criminal record already. Also, if he and Toomes are in the same prison as Wilson Fisk, that too could be an awesome reveal if you ask me. :)

Not sure if this is an easter egg or more along the lines of subliminal messaging, but in one of the early scenes with Ned and Peter walking/talking in the hallway of the high school, Ned is wearing a Wasp t-shirt.

I'm also starting to wonder if Michael Mando's Gargan could possibly be working undercover as a thug/inmate thus playing a P.I. after all.

I don't think so...I have a feeling this Scorpion is essentially going to be the Ultimate version (the ganglord, not the Peter clone) but with the aesthetic of of having the 616 scorpion suit.

I don't think so...I have a feeling this Scorpion is essentially going to be the Ultimate version (the ganglord, not the Peter clone) but with the aesthetic of of having the 616 scorpion suit.

I'm okay with that. Vulture proved that they can tweak origin stories efficiently without changing the heart or effectiveness of the character. The JJJ connection, while beloved by true fans is really a little dated for the MCU and it would be hard for a character to come back from that and be likable at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"