• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Michael Bloomberg Thread

Personally, I think both Giuliani and Bloomberg are fascists. Bloomberg fancies himself the Health Police with the bans on smoking and transfat in NYC he's ushered in. He's all about government control of the populace and I have a problem with that.

jag

Personally, I think both Giuliani and Bloomberg are fascists. Bloomberg fancies himself the Health Police with the bans on smoking and transfat in NYC he's ushered in. He's all about government control of the populace and I have a problem with that.

jag

jag

I understand transfat bans, as well as banning smoking in public places such as restaurants. I'm not well-versed enough in NYC politics to really know all of his policies; all I know is that this is going to be met with considerable backlash from New Yorkers. There's a reason why those term limit referendums passed. Mayors like Ed Koch were nothing less than monarchs and the city got sick and tired of it. Someone should thank a higher power that Giuliani didn't get re-election; who knows where that city would be right now.

I don't think Bloomberg will get what he wants. As popular as he is as NYC mayor, New Yorkers won't accept his argument that he needs a 3rd term, just as they did when Giuliani wanted an extension and voters won't let him. It'd be far better if Bloomberg exit in a grace note, instead of power grabbing like this political maneuver.

Ehhhh...Bloomie isn't all that popular in NYC, I'm afraid. :o

jag

Yeah, if Guianni got no support for his bid to stay on as mayor after a terrorist attack on the city, then I imagine that Bloomberg's going to be laughed and possibily beaten out of the state.

He sounded like dictator. "There are times when you know the job is done...blah, blah I'm a self-important prick..."

Bloomberg is pushing the middle class out of New York. You either have to be well off, or below the poverty line to live in this city. I make fairly decent wages, as well as my wife, we can barely make it. We live check to check and are planning on getting the hell outta dodge. Not that I don't love this city, born and raised in Brooklyn and Queens, I just can't afford it.

Bloomberg is pushing the middle class out of New York. You either have to be well off, or below the poverty line to live in this city. I make fairly decent wages, as well as my wife, we can barely make it. We live check to check and are planning on getting the hell outta dodge. Not that I don't love this city, born and raised in Brooklyn and Queens, I just can't afford it.

That's already happened to London, so no surprise it would happen there.

It is a damn shame what is going on, i'm sorry to hear that Slinger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"