The Nader Thread

Superman

The Man Of Steel (Is #1)
Reaction score
I'm sitting here watching Hardball on MSNBC and Ralph Nader is on there.

I can't stand this guy. You never hear a word from the guy for years and then every presidential election he pops up wanting to be president saying he's going to fight for America. If he really cared about America he would be out there fighting for us all the time, Not just every 4 years.

Is he running this time? I don't know, He didn't say, but it wouldn't surprise me.

That's just my opinion. What do you guys think of him? Should he run again?

I'm sitting here watching Hardball on MSNBC and Ralph Nader is on there.

I can't stand this guy. You never hear a word from the guy for years and then every presidential election he pops up wanting to be president saying he's going to fight for America. If he really cared about America he would be out there fighting for us all the time, Not just every 4 years.

Is he running this time? I don't know, He didn't say, but it wouldn't surprise me.

That's just my opinion. What do you guys think of him? Should he run again?
Believe it or Not, if you get in the Back-in-the-Day machine with me, I actually voted for Nader in 2000.

I think he should stay away from the whole mess. He just makes it worse and defocuses the race from the issues overall. Like Supes said, if he really cared then he'd really be trying to make a difference ALL the time not just every four years.

jag

I think he should stay away from the whole mess. He just makes it worse and defocuses the race from the issues overall. Like Supes said, if he really cared then he'd really be trying to make a difference ALL the time not just every four years.

jag
Agreed, but thank Nader for the Seat belts. That's about as much good as he's ever done. Though, I believe the Government doesn't have the right to mandate everyone to wear them. If you rish your life, that is 100% up to you.

Agreed, but thank Nader for the Seat belts. That's about as much good as he's ever done. Though, I believe the Government doesn't have the right to mandate everyone to wear them. If you rish your life, that is 100% up to you.
You should go to New Hampshire. No sales tax. No seatbelt laws for adults. No mandatory car insurance.

Ralph Nader is a benign toad who will never accomplish anything of significance other than taking away votes that would otherwise go to the Democrats.

That is all.

Oh hell, Lets just bump this up.:woot:

He reminds me of my friend's father who is a pothead. HE in turn reminds me of the guy who used to live below the cast from Friends and banged the ceiling with a broom whenever they got too loud. THAT guy in turn, reminds me of death...because death is annoying and carries around a broom.

Happy birthday.

ralph_nader.jpg

Vote! 2008!

:grin: :oldrazz:

If all I've heard of him is true, its a shame he isn't taken seriously.

Nader is a good man. He is just given a hard time because people think that he stole the 2000 election from the democrats. Not true. Nader told Gore that he would drop out if Gore would apply a few of Naders views into his own, and Gore basically ignored him. Nader, at the last hour, was about to drop out of the race, but stayed in because of this. I love Gore, but he would be in the White House right now if he wasnt so stubborn.

:whatever:

Nader takes steps towards another White House bid

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Ralph Nader, the longtime consumer advocate who was blamed by many Democrats for Al Gore’s loss in the 2000 presidential election, launched an exploratory committee Wednesday for another White House bid, and told CNN he is likely to get in the race if he can put the resources in place.

"John Edwards, the banner of Democratic Party populism, is dropping out, and Dennis Kucinich dropped out earlier, so in terms of voters who are at least interested in having major areas of injustice, deprivations, and solutions discussed in a presidential campaign, they might be interested in my exploratory effort," Nader said.

Nader has launched an official exploratory committee Web site, and said he will formally make a decision in about a month. He said he is certain to get in the race if he can demonstrate the ability to raise $10 million and recruit enough lawyers to deal with ballot access issues. He has yet to formally file paperwork with the Federal Elections Commission, though he does not need to until he officially becomes a candidate, according to the FEC.

Nader said he finds Democrats Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama both unacceptable candidates, and he said whichever wins the party's presidential nomination will not have an impact on his decision to run.

"They are both enthralled to the corporate powers," Nader said of the two leading Democrats. "They've completely ignored the presidential pattern of illegality and accountability, they've ignored the out of control waste-fruad military expenditures, they hardly ever mention the diversion of hundreds of billions of dollars to corporate subsidies, handouts, and giveaways, and they don't talk about a living wage."

He expressed particular disappointment with Obama, whose senate record he called "mediocre, and quite cautious."

"It's not that he doesn't know what the score is, of course he does — look at his background, he knows plenty," Nader said. "But he's censoring himself."

Nader attracted close to 100,000 votes in Florida in 2000 — a state Al Gore ultimately lost to George Bush by approximately 500 votes. He brushes aside suggestions his candidacy this year may ultimately spoil the election for the Democratic Party.

"Political bigotry will be the label on anybody who uses the word 'spoiler,' he said. "Because ‘spoiler’ means minor candidates are second class citizens. Either we have an equal right to run for election, or we are spoilers for each other trying to get each other's votes.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/30/nader-takes-steps-towards-another-white-house-bid/

Useless prat cost us 4000+ lives if you ask me. Wait a minute...nobody did.

rdh, who do you think cost us 4000+ lives? :cwink:

As for Nader, why does he even form an exploratory committee. Exploratory committees are made to answer whether or not the person actually has a shot of winning the presidency. He knows the answer. He has to pay a committee to tell him that he will get 2-3 % of the vote?

Considering how Americans are completely discontent these days with the two party system, I'd imagine that Nader would do much better than he did in 2004.

And considering that Hillary will most likely get the nomination, the only person Nader is going to hurt is Hillary.

Was he the one who did that "YAAAAAAAAA" speech that got him kicked out of the race, or am I thinking of someone else? :confused:

That was Howard Dean. Nader is the Green Party candidate most of the time.

Well, Cythia McKinney is Running for the Green Party Ticket. So, I guess they'll need to fight it out.

Nader did not run on a Green ticket last time. He was independent.

Nader will kill the Democrats chance of winning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"