The New Stuff I Got Thread Reboot - Part 5

Picked these up at Walmart (still no Legends)
HfsETqE.jpg

The left mag was at the Comic shop FREE, the Empire at Barnes & Noble
VHJH775.jpg

Picked up Multiverse Aquaman at Walgreens. They said there was supposed to be more weds. MAYBE Cyborg?
wuCJKE8.jpg

Uncharted Collection - Ps4
Marvel Agents of Shield - Season 2 dvd
Pokemon: The First Movie - Dvd

TMNT: Out of the Shadows - Basic Line Bebop (after a day of searching, seems there is a huge lack of anyone atm besides the four turtles here but this was the first time seeing them)

Funko POP Rides: Game of Thrones - Dragon & Daenerys
Star Wars Black Series: Force Awakens Chewie
Marvel Legends Ant Man Wave - Wasp (FINALLY, amazing figure)

Got my ML Bulldozer from Hasbro's eBay in the mail today. Damn fast, I ordered him Saturday!

i got the Unmasked Black Panther Funko from Walgreens

Two things:

1. is it better than the previous Batman?
2. are the James S A Corey books any good?

i got the Unmasked Black Panther Funko from Walgreens
Crap, I completely forgot the guy there said there were new ones coming out weds last week! Hope mine has them still

Two things:

1. is it better than the previous Batman?
If you're referring to the DX09 '89 Batman, unfortunately I can't say for sure as I don't have it. I would love to have that figure because I prefer the '89 suit, but now it's just too expensive on the aftermarket.

From what I understand, the '89 version had slightly better posability in the limbs due to the construction of the suit. Like the movie, the '89 suit had gaps at the joints to accommodate movement. Conversely, the Returns suit is one solid piece. His elbows and knees are ratcheted so that's not a problem, but he has very little ab crunch, can't raise his arms very high, and has very little kick. Basically in order to get a pose I was happy with, it had to be pretty subtle.

However, the cape on the Returns figure is apparently an improvement over the '89 version, and the likeness is basically perfect.

2. are the James S A Corey books any good?

I enjoy them. They're angling to be the Song of Ice and Fire of the sci-fi world, and while they aren't at that level in terms of quality, I think they're solid space opera with an interesting premise.

Picked up Task Master this morning. This has to be one of my favorite Pérez creations next to his Star-God/Man-Wolf
YMcjJi7.jpg

0BuQMKu.jpg

Picked up An American Werewolf in London today too!
VUUdiQj.jpg

Picked up Task Master this morning. This has to be one of my favorite Pérez creations next to his Star-God/Man-Wolf
YMcjJi7.jpg

0BuQMKu.jpg

I would have traded his Lightsaber for a cape, but a great looking figure!

I'd almost forgotten he had a light saber lol

got these from the Civil War viewing today
LVg14yS.jpg

got these from the Civil War viewing today
LVg14yS.jpg

Thor musta been a left over.. because he's not suppose to be marketed for this film. When i went for the fan screening, they let you choose between Cap, Ironman and Black Panther only.

Yeah We never saw the cup toppers for AoU. That's what it's from

Picked up Multiverse Aquaman at Walgreens. They said there was supposed to be more weds. MAYBE Cyborg?
wuCJKE8.jpg

I picked this up as well, a long with anArmored Batman, and a Thundra from Marvel Legends line.

got these at Free comic book day saturday
tksj7Yv.jpg

YMcjJi7.jpg

The face sculpt here is really rad.

I had been setting money aside for the Hot Toys BVS Batman, but after that film left such a bad taste in my mouth I decided I couldn't spend that level of money on a collectible for it (assuming Affleck's solo film is more my speed, maybe I'll grab their inevitable figure for that film).

Instead, I picked up Sideshow's 1/6 scale Batman. This version is in black and grey whereas their previous iteration was blue.

I gotta say, I'm way happier with this figure than I expected to be. There are a couple of foibles, but the interchangeable cowls and faces, and the cape look so much better in hand than in the reviews I've seen. I think the harsh light of the camera lens does this figure a disservice, because it just looks fantastic.

The accessories are also really rad. I love the rappelling hook seen in my photo, but he also comes with batarangs, a hand sculpt with a kryptonite ring, and an earli 200's style grapnel gun (the kind that fires lines out of a canister), which is awesome.

The belt is sitting a little too high on the waist, so I'm going to have to investigate whether the belt can be unbuckled so I can reposition it.

ssbatman.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"