The New Ultimate DC RPG - Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaulting at Ocean Master with precisive momentum, Orin struck at him and allowed the two opposing blades to meet and clash, feeling the strength of his enemy as he pushed back with a wild counter attack. Dodging the swipe of the blade, Orin fought back and made a stab for his opponent's chest, only to be met yet again. The sound of the metal scraping against metal was enough to send the marine life scattering even further, as Aquaman and Ocean Master's battle continued well into the nearby coral reef.

"Explain yourself! Why do you call me brother?! How would you know me?!"

omasterBANNER1.jpg

"How would I know you? HOW CAN'T I?"

As Orm tries to slash down at Aquaman, but the hero proves to be quite the warrior and blocks, agitated the villain kicks him back and then unleashes a magical bolt. Trying to take advantage of his deceit, he lunges forth with the sword. However he underestimates the speed and reaction time of Aquaman as the deep sea hero not only dodges the magical bolt but parry's the Ocean Master's lunge attack.

Orin smirks as he makes it more than clear how easy that just was for him and Orm resorts to another dirty technique as he presses his free hand against the chest of Aquaman's armor. Before the hero can react, volts of magical electricity flow from the villain's palm into his body, eventually sending him soaring backward through the water as he crashed into the nearby reef.

"Of course you are the better swordsman. That too should have been expected. For it would seem that I am nothing more than a shadow to your radiance. You wish to know why it is I call you brother?"

Breathing heavily as he is emotionally losing control, the Ocean Master laughs sadistically as he pulls off his helmet. The face beneath Orm Marius' mask more than shocks Aquaman. It rather confuses him. For it is identical to the deepsea hero.

"I imagine that were I to swim the waters of Poseidonis, I just may be mistaken for someone."

UDCormREVEAL1.jpg

"It would appear that I am a pawn...in a very sick joke. A victim to a quarrel between you, my brother, and a sickle and old Sea God. The wretched Poseidon."

Slipping his helmet back on, Orm Marius readies his sword again as he gets in a stance.

"Starting to get the twisted picture, BROTHER?!?"

As the Ocean Master swims forth charging with his sword, magical energies start to emit around his body. The water around him boils as he swims through, the green and yellow energies become hotter and hotter and the steel of his sword starts to steam.

"I am nothing more than an freak! An abomination! Crafted by a twisted old God seeking revenge! Oh, I will grant him his revenge as gratitude...AND THEN I WILL GUT HIM LIKE THE GUPPY HE IS! He wanted his own Champion? HE WANTED AN OCEAN MASTE
R?!"

Aquaman crosses his arms after deflecting Orm's sword attack, and as the two collide does his best to absorb the impact of Orm's magical strike. The two tussle for a brief moment and

"You just might be wondering as to why I'd be wanting to kill you then, playing into Poseidon's hand in this gamble of the cards. Do you know how to kill a God, brother? It's quite simple."

ORMfightORINswords.png

"First, you must disarm him. Make the God vulnerable. It is useless trying to slay a God when he is at a state of power. And how do we do that, brother? How do we...weaken a God? Kill the ones who follow him. These cowardly and cruel Gods feed, live, and strengthen themselves through the praise of their worshipers. It really is that simple. Without them...they would crumble. Which brings me back to you now."

With Aquaman disarmed, Orm Marius raises his sword at his throat. He could slice his throat open right now, but he has something far worse in mind for the death of his so called brother. For he wishes the focus to remain on his voice and more importantly his sword as he plans something more painful and sinister.

"It is my understanding that you've become a hero of sorts. Defender of Poseidonis. The very city in which gives Poseidon most praise indeed. With you out of the picture, none can stand in my way as I lay genocide to his blessed and favorite city. You hate the Gods too, brother. For what they did to you...what they did to, really, our mother...I shall give you a choice. For I have a feeling, call it...instinct...that you too would love to see Poseidon as the white leaves his eyes in a most gruesome death."

Lowering his sword slowly, he chuckles as he finishes his offer.

"So...you can stay out of my way as I slaughter an entire populace, and live...

ORMgutsORIN1.png

"Or simply die. Choose wisely, brother. For if it is the latter, I will not make it quick and painless."

"So, now that we know where Destiny is, what are we waiting for?"

ultrequestld8.gif

The Atom floats over to the gathered heroes and says, "I say it's time to make a house call on the Doctor! And show them what happens when you screw around with the Justice League!"

She looks at Superman and says, "Superman...I'm sorry too. I tried to give you a serious verbal beating and I was out of line."

The Atom then looks around at the devstation and says, "I say when we're done with Doctor Destiny we do what we can to help out here. We're responsible for some of the damage here and...."

She shakes her head and says, "We can deal with those issues later. Right now Doctor Destiny has a lot to answer for."

Last edited:
"Agreed." Looking around at the sorry shape that the rest of the League is in, my heart drops. I can see my fingerprints embedded in the protective costume around Batman's neck, and the knuckle-shaped bruises on Wonder Woman's face.

But.

If the Justice League didn't exist, I would've been dealing those blows out to people who couldn't take it instead. I was looking for a reason to reaffirm my faith in the formation of the Justice League, and I think I just found it: the League takes the hits so that other people won't have to.

"So," I say as I rub my sore jaw and wipe some more blood off my face, "who's able to make the trip to Metropolis?" I don't want to have to put the Flash or Wonder Woman in particular in potential harm's way again so soon. And honestly, I don't think any of us are in top form exactly (and that's putting it as generously as possible), but we have to stop Doctor Destiny right now.

"And we should keep a small team here in the mean time. Pokolistan was already a wartorn nation even before all of this mess. I don't want any would-be dictators taking advantage of the situation if we all left right now."

The unknown League member speaks up, "I can handle that, Superman."

Managing a small smile, I step to him and hold out my hand. "I don't believe we've been properly introduced."

"You can call me Green Lantern."

A Green Lantern, huh? Like Tomar-Re, from the historical records of Krypton. I didn't know that Earth had one. "Pleased to meet you. Welcome to the Justice League."

Last edited:
ultrequestld8.gif

The Atom is torn. She wants to stay and help Pokolistan jeal because of the damage that was caused by them, but Doctor Destiny played with her psyche and gave her a dream life that turned into a nightmare. Not to mention she nearly killed Pete Ross and The Flash. Her answer is now clear to her.

Pokolistan is not going to be healed in one shot. We can deal with it later! This just became personal!

She feels her blood begin to boil as she floats up to The Man of Steel and for the first time in her Superhero career The Atom is focused and unafraid.

The Atom says with a great deal of fire in her voice, "I'm ready whenever you are Superman."

Last edited:
Bats6-3.png

While they keep needlessly talking amongst themselves, I'm already halfway back to Diana's jet. There's nothing for me to say that hasn't already been made perfectly clear. This "Destiny" person, whoever they may be, invaded my mind and twisted my capabilities against the people of Gotham. Innocent people that I've sworn to protect until my dying breath. To say that the thought of me putting half of Arkham's staff in the hospital hasn't been consistently running through my mind would be an outright lie. There is nothing that I can say or do to repair the damage - except for, perhaps, try and garner retribution against the person who manipulated me in the first place.

Frankly, I wouldn't be here otherwise. I was uncomfortable enough with having to interact with and put my faith in beings that could effortlessly kill me with any given display of their unnatural abilities. But to be brought here, forced to fight in a desolate and war torn foreign land - it reminds me too much of a time of my past that I'd rather forget.

"Lantern, bring Flash aboard the jet. I can give him an anesthetic to dull the pain while he recovers."

"Lantern, bring Flash aboard the jet. I can give him an anesthetic to dull the pain while he recovers."

GL pushes the floating gurney up into the jet and pushes me along to the back of the plane, sitting me beside Wonder Woman's unconscious friend. Batman silently stands off to the side, his back turned to me.

"You wouldn't happen to have any food in your belt would you? I need sugar, carbs, and protein. I get them into my system and my speed will kick start back up. I'll be as right as rain in no time."

GL pushes the floating gurney up into the jet and pushes me along to the back of the plane, sitting me beside Wonder Woman's unconscious friend. Batman silently stands off to the side, his back turned to me.

"You wouldn't happen to have any food in your belt would you? I need sugar, carbs, and protein. I get them into my system and my speed will kick start back up. I'll be as right as rain in no time."

"Yeah, I'm sure the man carries a whole McDonald's in his back pocket."

Using the limited resources at my disposal, I prop together a small table out of a weapons' cabinet off to the side of the jet and start putting together a small medical lab. Atom may be more qualified for this, as it seems that she's at least partially scientifically minded, but Flash's case isn't exactly extensive. I've watched Alfred put me back together enough times to know the basics. And considering he has no medical training of any sort to aid him along, it's a miracle that I'm still alive.

"I don't eat sugar or carbohydrates. But I could give you these,"

As I pause in settling up the chemical syringe to mix together Flash's anesthetic, I turn back, popping out a handful of tablets from the front tube of my belt. Holding out my hand and show them to the already disgusted looking Flash, I narrow my eyes at his skepticism. They're not the most appetizing things, but they get me by.

"Dietary supplements. Vitamins, if you want to be technical. They can sustain me for a few hours."

Lantern looks back at me, dumfounded. "What are you, some kind of health nut? I wouldn't down those on a bet."

I sneer back at him.

"We can't all have energy rings."

"I don't eat sugar or carbohydrates. But I could give you these,"

As I pause in settling up the chemical syringe to mix together Flash's anesthetic, I turn back, popping out a handful of tablets from the front tube of my belt. Holding out my hand and show them to the already disgusted looking Flash, I narrow my eyes at his skepticism. They're not the most appetizing things, but they get me by.

"Dietary supplements. Vitamins, if you want to be technical. They can sustain me for a few hours."

Lantern looks back at me, dumfounded. "What are you, some kind of health nut? I wouldn't down those on a bet."

I sneer back at him.

"We can't all have energy rings."

I prop myself up on my elbows and look at the tablets in Batman's hand.

"If it'll keep my going, I'll try 'em."

Straining with my left arm, I reach out and grab the pills from Batman and pop them in my mouth, dry swallowing with a gulp.

"Wait a minute...you didn't give me meth, did you? I don't think anyone wants or needs to see me on meth."

Straining with my left arm, I reach out and grab the pills from Batman and pop them in my mouth, dry swallowing with a gulp.

"Wait a minute...you didn't give me meth, did you? I don't think anyone wants or needs to see me on meth."

ultrequestld8.gif

The Atom floats over to Flash and says, "I can help you out a little more if you want just before we land? Your choice, but from what I can see the items Batman gave you should help you out."

Even though he is wearing a mask The Atom can tell Flash is raising his eyebrows to say, "you can? really?"

The Atom says, "I would enter your body and stimulate your Adrenline Glands, and yes I realize that can be done in other ways outside of the body but this way is much more direct."

The Atom goes to check back on Donna.

I cannot believe I just suggested that to him. What is wrong with me?

She says, "Onto another topic. Donna is recovering nicely she's gonna be just fine."

The Atom says to Wonder Woman, "If she's having issues with the CIA let me know. I have friends in high places they might be able to help her out."

"Don't be ridiculous."

I turn back to the table and arrange a series of test tubes, beginning to pour together a cocktail of moderate and minimal sedatives and tranquilizers. If his constant badgering for food is any sort of indicator, Flash's metabolism would burn through a normal dose in a matter of minutes - maybe even seconds. He'd be out of it and back to feeling the pain before I had a chance to set the bones in his hands. Giving him a deeper concoction would not only help slow the process down and give me the necessary time to work, it may actually manage to shut him up for more than a minute.

Lantern leans down and smirks at Flash, giving him a light pat on the shoulder as Atom floats in to check on Diana's unconscious friend.

"Yeah, don't be ridiculous. The scary man in the cape would never give you meth. He just gave you heroin."

Mixing the doses into a single tranquilizer, I slip the liquid into a Waynetech military grade jet injector and turn back to Flash as he looks at me, slightly panicked by what I've got in my hand.

"Relax. With your metabolism, this should only put you under for a moment. Then you'll gradually begin to redevelop consciousness."

Mixing the doses into a single tranquilizer, I slip the liquid into a Waynetech military grade jet injector and turn back to Flash as he looks at me, slightly panicked by what I've got in my hand.

"Relax. With your metabolism, this should only put you under for a moment. Then you'll gradually begin to redevelop consciousness."

"Right. Whatever you say, Heisenberg. Just remember....if I don't wake up...tell Superman that I love him."

"You ****e. I thought we had something special!"
The needle pinches my arm and Batman injects his cocktail into my bloodstream.

ultrequestld8.gif

The Atom floats over to Flash and says, "I can help you out a little more if you want just before we land? Your choice, but from what I can see the items Batman gave you should help you out."

Even though he is wearing a mask The Atom can tell Flash is raising his eyebrows to say, "you can? really?"

The Atom says, "I would enter your body and stimulate your Adrenline Glands, and yes I realize that can be done in other ways outside of the body but this way is much more direct."

"You know...as kinky as it sounds to have a woman inside of me...I'm gonna have to...pass..."

My eyes roll into the back of my head and I slump backwards. I'm unconscious even before my head hits the table.

Following the others and helping Wonder Woman into the jet, I nod to Green Lantern.

"Thanks. I think we can handle it from here."

"My pleasure." With the Flash moved from the energy construct of a gurney and settled down in one of the jet's seats, Green Lantern starts to walk back out of the plane. "I'll hold the fort down until you guys can get back to help with the cleanup. Just don't take too long. I've got a date tonight," he says as the doors close behind him.

Turning my attention to Wonder Woman, I question whether or not she's in any condition to fly the jet. Batman, however...

"Batman, do you think you can pilot the plane?"

With the Planet's large number of stories that regularly focus on superhuman activity, I've known for a while that the Dark Knight has extensive experience with operating highly advanced machinery and vehicles, so he's likely our next best bet as a pilot. This can't be too different from handling a flying car, after all.

Last edited:
"You know...as kinky as it sounds to have a woman inside of me...I'm gonna have to...pass..."

ultrequestld8.gif

The Atom watches as The Flash passes out.

She asks, "I wonder if there's a way I could blame the last few minutes of my life on Doctor Destiny?"

The Atom looks up and Batman just slightly shakes his head and looks away.

I swear it looked like he wanted to smile at that, but I digress.

She looks at Superman and asks, "Did J'onn give you any more information on Doctor Destiny? Or are we going in pretty well blind. You gotta figure she knows by she no longer controls us she sadly she's gonna be ready for us."

Turning my attention to Wonder Woman, I question whether or not she's in any condition to fly the jet. Batman, however...

"Batman, do you think you can pilot the plane?"

With the Planet's large number of stories that regularly focus on superhuman activity, I've known for a while that the Dark Knight has extensive experience with operating highly advanced machinery and vehicles, so he's likely our next best bet as a pilot. This can't be too different from handling a flying car, after all.

"Hh."

Despite military service, I've actually had limited experience as a pilot. The Batmobile's flight capabilities aside, that car was specifically designed to accompany the skills that I've acquired as a driver in either mode of it's transport. But turning from Superman and glancing over the controls at the main cockpit, I tap the side of my cowl and shift through the various modules in my lenses to give me a proper visual uplink to Oracle. If they're easy enough to encrypt, I can download the schematics for military licensed jet controls and know how to fly it in a span of minutes.

"Give me a moment and I should be ready."

Walking over to the cockpit and asserting myself in the pilot's seat, I look over the information at it comes and methodically shift the gears as the instructions are made clear. After at least a couple of minutes, I can hear the afterburners finally burst and the wings begin to shift into their flight pattern.

Batman9-16.png

Not bad, Bruce. Maybe you should have tried for the Air Force instead.

"Everyone buckle in. Now."

"Did J'onn give you any more information on Doctor Destiny? Or are we going in pretty well blind. You gotta figure she knows by she no longer controls us she sadly she's gonna be ready for us."
"You all received the same telepathic message from him that I did. It seems like Doctor Destiny has been doing what he can to psychically crowd J'onn out. We don't even have a real name to attach to this person."

"Everyone buckle in. Now."

Guided by the coordinates that J'onn messaged to us, it only takes several minutes in Wonder Wonder's amazing aircraft before we're cruising above the warehouse district of Metropolis' waterfront.

"I guess this is it." Concentrating to try and send a message to J'onn to confirm the location, I'm met with what I can only call psychic static. "J'onn? Can you hear me? Can you confirm we're in the right location? J'onn?"

~I ca-- hear y-- ...perman. Proximity to Doct.... --estiny interfering with.... --elepathic link...~

Then, for all intents and purposes, the line essentially goes dead. "I'm going to take that as a sign that we're in the right place."

Guided by the coordinates that J'onn messaged to us, it only takes several minutes in Wonder Wonder's amazing aircraft before we're cruising above the warehouse district of Metropolis' waterfront.

"I guess this is it." Concentrating to try and send a message to J'onn to confirm the location, I'm met with what I can only call psychic static. "J'onn? Can you hear me? Can you confirm we're in the right location? J'onn?"

~I ca-- hear y-- ...perman. Proximity to Doct.... --estiny interfering with.... --elepathic link...~

Then, for all intents and purposes, the line essentially goes dead. "I'm going to take that as a sign that we're in the right place."

"Istanbul was Constantinople, now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople! Istanbul was Constantinople, now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople! Been a long time gone, Constantinople!"

The sound of my own singing wakes me up. Yep, it's that bad. Leaning forward as I open my eyes, I look around.

"Uhh....I just had the oddest dream about Turkey...not the bird, but the country."

The sound of my own singing wakes me up. Yep, it's that bad. Leaning forward as I open my eyes, I look around.

"Uhh....I just had the oddest dream about Turkey...not the bird, but the country."

"Try and shake it off. We're landing."

Shifting the controls upward so that we fly in low above a vacant space in the waterfront, I use Oracle's encryption to hack into the jet's stealth capabilities in order to better ensure a silent descent. Taking on a madman with telepathic abilities would be even more dangerous without the element of surprise on our side, so I don't want to take any precautions. But it stands to reason that if a plane can render itself invisible to the naked eye, being built without any low altitude jet mask would come as a serious tactical disadvantage. Luckily for all of us, Diana's plane didn't overlook that feature.

After a moment, we've touched down. We're here and Dr. Destiny is inside, so now comes the hard part. I unstrap myself from the pilot's seat and rise, turning to the others.

"We need a plan of attack. Without Lantern, Superman and Wonder Woman would be best served for a forward strike. Should Flash recover, he could scope out the grounds and give us intel. If not, that would need to be Atom's role, but it would cost us considerable time. Should Destiny require tranquilization, I can provide that. But I'd need a distraction."

I narrow my eyes. "Any further suggestions would be helpful."

DestinyBanner.jpg

~I have a suggestion, Batman.~

28.jpg

~Take a nap.~

I can feel the eyelids of the Justice League grow heavy as their craft touches down. ~It's been a hard day for everyone. Why don't you all grab forty winks?~

UltSupermanBanner-1.jpg

My head drops briefly before I force myself to lift it back up. Not again! Fighting off the growing cobwebs in my mind, I listen closely for a heartbeat inside the warehouse below. "We're too close to Dr. Destiny and susceptible to telepathic assault without J'onn to back us up now. I don't think we should risk splitting up entirely and risk one or all of us falling back asleep." Groggily stepping out of the jet alongside my teammates, I finally pinpoint the sound of our enemy's heartbeat and focus in on his position with X-ray vision. "I can see Dr. Destiny now, and... okay, despite the way Destiny appears in our dreams, it seems that he's a she."

Nodding to Batman, he pulls out a syringe gun of what I can only assume is the tranquilizer he spoke of. I definitely think we're going to need it for what's ahead.

UltSupermanBanner-1.jpg

My head drops briefly before I force myself to lift it back up. Not again! Fighting off the growing cobwebs in my mind, I listen closely for a heartbeat inside the warehouse below. "We're too close to Dr. Destiny and susceptible to telepathic assault without J'onn to back us up now. I don't think we should risk splitting up entirely and risk one or all of us falling back asleep." Groggily stepping out of the jet alongside my teammates, I finally pinpoint the sound of our enemy's heartbeat and focus in on his position with X-ray vision. "I can see Dr. Destiny now, and... okay, despite the way Destiny appears in our dreams, it seems that he's a she."

Nodding to Batman, he pulls out a syringe gun of what I can only assume is the tranquilizer he spoke of. I definitely think we're going to need it for what's ahead.

"Alright. Let's... move."

Can't see straight. My nerves, they've all become sensitive - all thrust on the edge. I can feel myself becoming more irritable by the second. The feeling is like, as I can best describe, being woken up after an intense nightmare and never quite being able to recover. But I've had my share of nightmares. And this doesn't even begin to compare. Push ahead, keep going. It's the only way we can beat Destiny. Only way... for...

Damn it. Nearly lost consciousness. This isn't going to be easy.

"Suh... Superman. You lead. Will be... right be... behind."

"Alright. Let's... move."

"Suh... Superman. You lead. Will be... right be... behind."

"Yeah."

I stand up and follow behind Batman. My eyes suddenly feel heavy, like they weigh a 100 pounds...all I need to do is get a little rest.

WHACK!

I slap myself in the face with my broken hand. As bad as my face feels, pain explodes in my broken hand and races up my arm.

What was that for?!

"To wake myself up!" I groan, gritting my teeth as I talk. The throbbing in my hand is almost unbearable...but it's hard to get drowsy with this kind of pain. "And to make sure I stay awake."

Did I just say that out loud?

Last edited:
ultrequestld8.gif

The Atom struggles to stay awake she is going through elements of the periodic table, cases she worked on as a PI, and the time with Waller. Anything to keep her mind busy.

She floats next to Superman and says, "I'm following your lead if we get close enough I might be able to shrink down further and launch an attack."

The Atom then yawns and says, "Not sure how much longer we're gonna last....Superman."

The Atom begins to lose altitude but snaps back.

The Atom says but struggling to stay awake, "We can do this...we can do this."

wwsymbol-thumb.gif

I hadn't spoken since fighting Superman-- the injuries sustained from taking on the most powerful being on Earth does not leave one in the mood for conversation. Neither does the fact that this 'Doctor Destiny' woman seems to be able to reach into our minds, even with the Martian's protections.

As we draw nearer to her lair, sleep begins to take its hold on our minds. Most of us are already physically exhausted; it would not take much to put the more tired of us down, and thus back under Destiny's control. Her power is tremendous, but we cannot let her use us as her weapons again.

"Keep....on....." I say as I ready my own weapons on the approach to the warehouse.

As I ready the Lasso, a bit of it loops around my hand.........and for a moment, the grogginess lifts.

"....the Truth...." I say to myself. The Truth of this situation is that no matter how tired and hurt I am, no matter how much I would like to close my eyes and rest.....I cannot, not while lives are in danger.

I straighten up, my body still battered and worn but my mind refreshed, then throw the length of golden cord to the others in the League.

"The Lasso can counteract the affects of Doctor Destiny's mental attacks," I explain, "At least, for as long as you are holding it. It's a temporary solution, but it should get us where we need to be."

UltSupermanBanner-1.jpg

Taking hold of the cord that has been the answer to so many problems lately, the effects of our proximity to Dr. Destiny feel like they wash away. "Seems to work like a charm." Watching each of the other Leaguers grab a segment, I nod to give the go ahead.

"Time to finally put an end to all of this."

DestinyBanner.jpg

I know they're here and that Superman can see and hear me. There's no point in running now. I thought that if I could find a quiet and secluded place, I would have all the peace of mind to concentrate and use my powers to their fullest extent, but the disadvantage is that there's no crowd to disappear into, no police to run to and create a distraction as the now-psychotic Justice League closes in on a helpless woman.

I'm alone in this.

All I can do as the heroes crash in through the warehouse skylight is stand in place and wait for them to come. Spotting Wonder Woman's golden lasso in each of their hands, I realize why none of them are falling asleep, even when this close to me and my power.

It wasn't supposed to be this way. "What will you do to me, hm? Throw me in jail?" I'm surrounded now, and it's beyond pointless to even pretend that I stand a chance against even one of the League members in a physical contest. "Kill me? You're all certainly mad enough, aren't you?" The expressions on each of their faces confirms my answer. "But you won't. I'm a defenseless human, for all intents and purposes. Without a doubt, you could get away with my murder. But no, that's not it. I've been inside your minds. I know who each of you are, your real identities." My eyes fall on Superman. Without a mask of any kind, the world and his teammates have been under the impression that he doesn't have another identity at all, and have had no reason to think otherwise.

"I don't know who you are or why you decided to use us the way you did, but we're not going to let it happen again."

"Well then, I'm on the edge of my seat here, waiting to see what you'll do to stop me."

UltSupermanBanner-1.jpg

Taking hold of the cord that has been the answer to so many problems lately, the effects of our proximity to Dr. Destiny feel like they wash away. "Seems to work like a charm." Watching each of the other Leaguers grab a segment, I nod to give the go ahead.

"Time to finally put an end to all of this."

DestinyBanner.jpg

I know they're here and that Superman can see and hear me. There's no point in running now. I thought that if I could find a quiet and secluded place, I would have all the peace of mind to concentrate and use my powers to their fullest extent, but the disadvantage is that there's no crowd to disappear into, no police to run to and create a distraction as the now-psychotic Justice League closes in on a helpless woman.

I'm alone in this.

All I can do as the heroes crash in through the warehouse skylight is stand in place and wait for them to come. Spotting Wonder Woman's golden lasso in each of their hands, I realize why none of them are falling asleep, even when this close to me and my power.

It wasn't supposed to be this way. "What will you do to me, hm? Throw me in jail?" I'm surrounded now, and it's beyond pointless to even pretend that I stand a chance against even one of the League members in a physical contest. "Kill me? You're all certainly mad enough, aren't you?" The expressions on each of their faces confirms my answer. "But you won't. I'm a defenseless human, for all intents and purposes. Without a doubt, you could get away with my murder. But no, that's not it. I've been inside your minds. I know who each of you are, your real identities." My eyes fall on Superman. Without a mask of any kind, the world and his teammates have been under the impression that he doesn't have another identity at all, and have had no reason to think otherwise.

"I don't know who you are or why you decided to use us the way you did, but we're not going to let it happen again."

"Well then, I'm on the edge of my seat here, waiting to see what you'll do to stop me."

ultrequestld8.gif

The Atom says, "Face it Lady! You're just another loser in a costume. Nice try but like Star'ro you....Star'ro! Of course! That's it! Why didn't i think of that sooner!"

She smiles and shrinks to microscopic size.

The Atom says, "Superman I know you can hear me. Look Star'ro couldn't control me a this size because I was too small for his mind control to be effective. It would be like trying to catch a raging river with a thimble or eye-dropper. It won't work! Now she can't see me so if and when you need me to make a move let me know. I am now an Ace in the hole for our team."

"But you won't. I'm a defenseless human, for all intents and purposes. Without a doubt, you could get away with my murder. But no, that's not it. I've been inside your minds. I know who each of you are, your real identities." My eyes fall on Superman. Without a mask of any kind, the world and his teammates have been under the impression that he doesn't have another identity at all, and have had no reason to think otherwise.

"Then wait no longer."

I'm already moving by the time that Superman gives me the signal with his left hand. It's a considerable risk to let go of the lasso and shift the advantage back to Destiny, but there's no hesitation left in me as I fire my grapnel at the ceiling and launch into the air, feeling myself let go of the cord in mid-swing and swoop down behind our enemy. The others go to move in order to distract her as I pull the syringe from my belt, ready with the sedative. But as I go for the lunge up to Destiny herself, she turns, having wisened up to my plan of attack. She laughs, abiet nervously, and extends a hand towards me.

At first, I don't feel anything. Then the left side of my body begins to go numb, riddled with instant fatigue. My eyes widen as I try and keep a firm grip on the syringe in my fingertips, but she's already working to pry my fingers from them. I fight back, struggling against her as she tries to render my mind more and more vulnerable to her affects. But she catches me off guard and tries to turn the needle against me, inching it even closer to my face than I expect. In this state of mind, I'm not as physically strong. Making her practically superhuman by comparison.

rpg6.png

"You may have been the most disappointing of all, little Bat.", she taunts as the needle drives closer, redirected towards my chest. A shot in there might actually stop my heart, and I think that she knows that. Otherwise she wouldn't be so persistent. "To think that out of all of these champions, these practically living Gods that walk the Earth, they allow a meek mortal trying to scare simpletons with a Halloween costume to join their ranks. And with such a daunting public record, aswell. It's almost embarassing."

I can feel her gaining the upper hand. Need to switch this around.

"Ngh... sometimes you need that human edge."

Turning as she barrells down on me, I keel back and nod towards the others. She can only struggle against one of us. But against the others, with all of their powers combined? The odds aren't necessarily in Destiny's favor anymore.

"Now, while she's distracted!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"