The New Ultimate DC RPG - Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Then wait no longer."

I'm already moving by the time that Superman gives me the signal with his left hand. It's a considerable risk to let go of the lasso and shift the advantage back to Destiny, but there's no hesitation left in me as I fire my grapnel at the ceiling and launch into the air, feeling myself let go of the cord in mid-swing and swoop down behind our enemy. The others go to move in order to distract her as I pull the syringe from my belt, ready with the sedative. But as I go for the lunge up to Destiny herself, she turns, having wisened up to my plan of attack. She laughs, abiet nervously, and extends a hand towards me.

At first, I don't feel anything. Then the left side of my body begins to go numb, riddled with instant fatigue. My eyes widen as I try and keep a firm grip on the syringe in my fingertips, but she's already working to pry my fingers from them. I fight back, struggling against her as she tries to render my mind more and more vulnerable to her affects. But she catches me off guard and tries to turn the needle against me, inching it even closer to my face than I expect. In this state of mind, I'm not as physically strong. Making her practically superhuman by comparison.

rpg6.png

"You may have been the most disappointing of all, little Bat.", she taunts as the needle drives closer, redirected towards my chest. A shot in there might actually stop my heart, and I think that she knows that. Otherwise she wouldn't be so persistent. "To think that out of all of these champions, these practically living Gods that walk the Earth, they allow a meek mortal trying to scare simpletons with a Halloween costume to join their ranks. And with such a daunting public record, aswell. It's almost embarassing."

I can feel her gaining the upper hand. Need to switch this around.

"Ngh... sometimes you need that human edge."

Turning as she barrells down on me, I keel back and nod towards the others. She can only struggle against one of us. But against the others, with all of their powers combined? The odds aren't necessarily in Destiny's favor anymore.

"Now, while she's distracted!"

I rush by at super-speed and yank the syringe from Destiny's hands.

"You suck, lady!"

I take the syringe and stick it into her neck, pushing the liquid into her bloodstream and causing her to collapse. I catch her with my good arm and ease her down to the ground.

"There we go. Nighty night...uhh, unless that was Drano I injected you with...."

Taking a deep breath, I let go of the lasso and collect my thoughts. "Good job."

With Dr. Destiny unconscious, J'onn's telepathic signal from Mars finally comes through again. ~--onzz to anyone, anyone at all. Justice League, can you hear me?~

"We hear you, J'onn. Dr. Destiny is sedated and taken care of."

I extend my hand to Batman and help him back up. We both look down at the tranquilized woman on the warehouse floor. "Who would've guessed that, in the kind of world we live in today with superheroes and villains, someone without a fancy cape or costume would cause so much damage to us and the world. And we still don't even know who she is or why she did all of this."

Last edited:
I extend my hand to Batman and help him back up. We both look down at the tranquilized woman on the warehouse floor. "Who would've guessed that, in the kind of world we live in today with superheroes and villains, someone without a fancy cape or costume would cause so much damage to us and the world. And we still don't even know who she is or why she did all of this."

"Just goes to show you that strength, speed, and all those other superpowers don't mean a damn if you can't protect the most important thing..."

I wince as a bolt of pain shoots up my arm.

"The mind. You can be bulletproof...but how the hell do you become mind invasion proof?"

Wow...deep thought...too deep, maybe.

"...but what do I know? I'm pretty sure Batman slipped me some LSD. Right now I may or may not be doing what the kids call 'tripping'..."

"The same thing that motivates them all."

Bats4-11.png

"Corruption of power. Desperation. Fear. It all twists the soul and turns any good intentions towards the depths of insanity."

I try not to let the tone of my voice teeter on any sort of hostility. After all, there is the fact that I might have easily died - or worse, killed if these people hadn't interfered and brought me back to my senses. And I am grateful, for that and for the fact that it's all over. But from the very moment that we entered her domain, I could see it in Destiny's eyes. There was a level of fear, the same that I felt when we had to take on Superman. Her own power cast aside from the standpoint of her misguided judgement, she called them - and saw them, as Gods. And I don't think it was out of any sort of admiration. I genuinely think that she felt that by manipulating us, turning us against society, that she was out to prove some sort of a point. Out of absolute fear. And the way she spoke about us, particularly about our identities...

I'm not so sure that she was wrong.

"Don't ever underestimate humanity's capacity for evil."

wwsymbol-thumb.gif

I wish I could say something to counteract Batman's cynicism. I wish I could respond with an uplifting statement about the good in humanity, all the wonderful things people can do.

But Doctor Destiny not only showed us the worst parts of humanity.....but also the worst parts of ourselves. While under her control, I gave into violence and rage. I slaughtered men because I believed they had wronged me; the fact that they were in fact robotic security drones does little to ease my conscience.

What is most frightening about Doctor Destiny is not that she made us into monsters-- she just found the monsters that were already within us.

"We all have a great capacity for evil," I say. "As I believe we have all learned the hard way. We have all taken up the cause to safeguard the world from evil....but I believe that with this, the Justice League, we can safeguard each other. We must be the checks and balances of our own power, to make sure no one of us can abuse them ever again."

"Right. I agree with you, checks and balances, who keeps us in check? I understand all that...but, do you think we can wrap this up?"

I grimace and hold my broken hand.

"I need to go get this looked after. It's starting to smell like baked ham...which is never good...I guess...well, it's making me hungry at least."

Nodding my head in agreement with Wonder Woman, I find few words to adequately describe my feelings right now. I had reservations about the formation of the Justice League, but Dr. Destiny, for better or for worse, forced me to confront those feelings of apprehension.

And the Justice League proved those fears to be completely invalid. They saved what was sure to be countless lives even in the face of insurmountable odds, and I feel now that I could trust each of them with my own life if need be, not just the safety of mankind.

Pan05.jpg

"I'll take Dr. Destiny to the authorities, and hopefully STAR Labs can examine her and find out how she did all of this." The thought of talking to the police right now isn't a pleasant one, considering all of the questions that they're sure to have for me. "I've earned enough good will with them that I believe they'll at least hear me out. Afterwards, I'll fly back to Pokolistan to relieve Green Lantern and repair everything that was damaged there. I would like to think that those repairs will last, but with the constant armed conflicts that go on in that country, realistically, I have my doubts about the sustainability of such a quick change. But at least they'll have houses and roads intact if they do take the opportunity to suddenly lay down their arms. I'm giving them back that choice that Dr. Destiny took away from them."

Crossing my arms, I look down at the ground, deep in thought. "The world's views on us as a team and our potential for good were already cautious, even before all of this. It's going to take a lot of effort to regain any semblance of trust. Still, I know some people with The Daily Planet. I'll talk to them and try to set something up to explain to everyone what happened." I can see the worn and exhausted expressions on my colleagues' faces, and I imagine mine doesn't look much better right now. "In the mean time everyone, try to stay in touch through J'onn. It also can't hurt to come up with an alternate form of communication without having to rely on him, but for now I think we're all ready to go home."

RPG4-6.png

Both Superman and Diana offer interesting points, but neither quite contradict my concerns. I suppose I'll have to take solace with what I'm given. This is neither the time or the place to voice the fact that just by witnessing what he can do when given the proper motivation, simply standing next to "The Man of Steel" leaves me on edge. The only one of us that managed to bring him down was, surprisingly, The Flash. And despite my initial reservations, twice tonight he's managed to prove himself worthy of my respect. With time and practice, he could become quite the hero. It's the others that I'm not entirely sure about yet.

Though when Superman brings up the possibility of an alternate form of communication, I can't help but think back to a privatized relay network that was proposed at Waynetech last month. If I could get the prototypes built and establish a satellite connection through Oracle, perhaps I can offer the communicators as thanks for what they've accomplished tonight. Or at the very least, give myself an advantage in surveillance, in the event that I find that I can't trust them as well as it seems.

"I have to get back to Gotham.", I begin abruptly. "But I just wanted to state that, for the record, I'm still not entirely sure about this 'Justice League'. While Destiny may not have succeeded, others will only try with a group like this putting themselves out there."

Trying not to linger on my doubts, I turn my back to the group and begin stepping towards the exit of the warehouse. It should take ten minutes, at most, for The Batmobile in flight mode to travel it's way from Gotham to Metropolis on automatic pilot in order to pick me up. But in the meantime, perhaps I should make myself scarce. There's alot that I have to consider, and I'd prefer to do it alone.

"I guess my point is, keep me informed. You could still convince me otherwise."

Taking out a specialized smoke capsule from the back of my utility belt, I suddenly spin around and throw it to the floor, breaking it off and covering the entire room in a light mist that momentarily obstructs the League's vision. By the time they can see clearly again, I'm already gone. And likely already on my way home.

"I guess my point is, keep me informed. You could still convince me otherwise."

Taking out a specialized smoke capsule from the back of my utility belt, I suddenly spin around and throw it to the floor, breaking it off and covering the entire room in a light mist that momentarily obstructs the League's vision. By the time they can see clearly again, I'm already gone. And likely already on my way home.

"Okay, I know everyone else is thinking it so I'm going to just go ahead and say it...that guy is a dick."

I shake my head and turn to the rest of the League.

"I gotta be going as well, see if I can get a doctor to fix my hand. Let's do this again sometime...except we can actually fight a real bad guy instead of each other. Also tell GL that I said thanks for all the help. Okay Flash is out!"

With that, I take off and run through Metropolis, heading west towards Missouri.

Last edited:
ultrequestld8.gif

The Atom restores herself to 6 inches tall and looks at Wonder Woman.

The Atom says, "When Donna is well enough contact a gentleman by the name of Pete Ross he works for a Government Organization called Checkmate. Number 555-2436 ext2842. It's a long story how I know him just tell him Atom says the C-I-A is trying to do a Waller with her."

Wonder Woman looks somewhat confused and Atom says, "He'll know what that means and he'll make sure she is taken care of. He knows who I am without my mask he can be trusted."

She says to Superman, "It's always interesting with you that is for sure. I still have some pull at STAR Labs I'll contact them and make sure she is taken care of by them."

The Atom nods to Superman and Wonder Woman and begins to float away.

She says, "Okay not as dramatic as Batman. but when one is capable of controling an atom you can control the Universe. So I don't need flashy theatrics."

The Atom smiles and floats into the Metropolis skies.

After she contacts Star Labs The Atom transforms back into Rhiannon Palmer

Rhiannon takes a long hot shower and then fixes an ice-water. She gazes out at the city and tries to process what has happened. Rhiannon realizes that there is still one thing left to do.

I guess always knew it would come down to doing this. One last job to finish before I close a big chapter in my life. If I get caught I'm going to jail, but it's the only way to be sure.

She sips her water and closes her eyes and bows her head.

Dad...forgive me.

Last edited:
With Aquaman disarmed, Orm Marius raises his sword at his throat. He could slice his throat open right now, but he has something far worse in mind for the death of his so called brother. For he wishes the focus to remain on his voice and more importantly his sword as he plans something more painful and sinister.

"It is my understanding that you've become a hero of sorts. Defender of Poseidonis. The very city in which gives Poseidon most praise indeed. With you out of the picture, none can stand in my way as I lay genocide to his blessed and favorite city. You hate the Gods too, brother. For what they did to you...what they did to, really, our mother...I shall give you a choice. For I have a feeling, call it...instinct...that you too would love to see Poseidon as the white leaves his eyes in a most gruesome death."

Lowering his sword slowly, he chuckles as he finishes his offer.

"So...you can stay out of my way as I slaughter an entire populace, and live... or simply die. Choose wisely, brother. For if it is the latter, I will not make it quick and painless."

"Gkk."

Aquaman's lower torso goes numb with indescribeable pain as the Ocean Master's artificial claw digs deeper into his body. He tries to struggle and fight, grabbing onto his enemy's forearm with both hands, but it takes nothing more than a mere tap of one of his internal organs to cause Orin to relent in agony. His eyes begin to roll back into his head as he very nearly passes out, overcome with the magnitude of everything. Not just the pain, even as it escalates to a level which is almost unbearable, but the revealation of who - or more accurately, what - Ocean Master really is. The question of Poseidon's involvement wasn't even there - none other were capable of such horror. He had known the titan could be a terribly cruel, maybe even vengeful spirit to those who defied him and his commandments. Orin's very own leineage stood a testament to the Sea God's wrath. But to do this, to create this abomination after what had nearly claimed his own city?

It was beyond comprehension. Still, even as he realized the true similarities between them, the moments of their previous fight wracking through his mind, Aquaman found no reason to allow this madman the luxury of being the one to bring him to ruin. Especially when sea beasts such as the Kraken and Nuliajuk had failed. If he was going to survive this, he had to come up with a counter strategy before it was too late. Gasping as he turned to survey the waters around him, Orin's eyes peered across the darkened depths of the valley ahead. Unlike the Atlantean guard, he was able to see through the darkness for miles. And though it was faint, he could see something trying to nestle itself beneath the waves. Something that was looking right at him.

Reaching out his hand, Orin desperately motioned to it in order to get it's attention. He feared that Ocean Master would catch onto his plan of attack, but it seemed as though his enemy was too preoccupied with the sight of the pained expressions as he dug deeper into Aquaman's intestines. Eventually, the pain was so great that he had to stop struggling, much to the bemusement of his twisted mirror image. It seemed that without a sword to fight with, Atlantis' Aquaman was at a tactical disadvantage.

But if there was one thing that both men understood, appearances could be all-too deceiving.

"Your existence has me... at a loss, creature."

Even with the helmet to hide his features, Ocean Master seemed to take offense at being called that. Aquaman managed a weak smile as the color seemed to drain from his face, as if mocking his powerful enemy's stride. "True, whatever you are is an exact extension of me. And I agree that Poseidon has wronged us both. But surely... you can see the irony in what you say."

And then with a cough, he actually... began to chuckle.

Ocean Master's eyes narrowed, as he visibly became more and more outraged.

"The only semblance of a champion that a Sea God could come up with, and he creates you? A mere copy of a cursed outcast?! If that is the case, then Poseidon is more desperate than I could have ever imagined. He mocks the seas themselves with your creation, as you mock it with your hatred. You believe yourself entitled to vengeance..."

Aquaman's mocking chuckle dissipated into a loud growl, revealing it for the distraction and ruse that it really was as his eyes belated a keen anger and certain disgust. "When you are not even a thing."

Knowing that Ocean Master's fury had reached it's boiling point, Aquaman used the rest of his remaining strength to lift both legs, curling them between himself and the madman's chest. Pushing at him hard, he managed to painfully separate the metal claw from his wound and ultimately drive Ocean Master backwards. Clutching at his bleeding stomach, he weakly floated down to the ocean floor and clutched together a handful of sand, slapping it against the tear in his body in order to absorb the blood before it ran too wildly. It truly pained him to do it, but his mind was elsewhere entirely. He should be vaulting for the attack at any moment.

And sure enough, Ocean Master rose into the air, his sword held high and pointed directly at Orin of Atlantis with all of the imaginable fury that the seas could withstand. But as his enemy beared down upon him, Aquaman simply pointed beyond and indicated something that could not be seen. And no sooner did Ocean Master turn, only to find himself entrapped within a massive tentacle. Revealing itself from the darkness, a giant squid arose from the depths and shot out several more of it's organs, ripping the sword in Ocean Master's grip away.

Swimming up to them both, even though he was still weak, Aquaman grabbed the sword in mid-air and held it firmly in place, directing it at his foe as he managed to struggle free of the squid's massive strength.

"It would seem the tides have turned, brother. You may have once held justification in your hatred, but your madness tells me otherwise! I will never allow you to slaughter anyone, even the petty Sea God!"

RPG5-6.png

RPG9-6.png

Keystone University
Keystone City, Kansas

My backpack bounces as I jog down the hall towards class. I'm late for Professor Thawne's review before the final exam. Between running around with the JLA and getting a doctor to fix my hand, I forgot all about it. Val sent me like fifteen messages on my phone, wanting to know where I am. I'll explain that later.

My sneakers slide across the linoleum floor as I come to a stop outside Thawne's class. I sling the door open to find...

"Too late, Allen," Thawne says from across the room. He's the only one there, the rest of the room is empty. "Final review ended fifteen minutes ago. You missed it."

"I missed it?"

"I didn't recall stuttering as I spoke...yes, you missed the review. Best of luck on the upcoming final exam."

I slump my shoulders and walk across the room toward Thawne.

"Was there any kind of notes I could write down? Anything you could give me?"

"Yes, there were notes....but you're not getting them. Tardiness is something I do not reward. If you really cared about the final exam, you would have been here on time."

"I had to go to the doctor. I hurt my hand."

I hold up the bandaged hand. It's just a simple ace bandage, my speed nearly healed my whole hand once the doctor managed to set it.

"Do you see this, Allen?" Thawne asks as he rubs his thumb and index finger together. "This is the world's smallest violin playing for you and your sad situation."

"Please, Professor. I'm begging you, I need to do good on this exam to get my diploma! PLEASE!"

Thawne looks at me with a cold stare, remaining silent for several seconds while I shift uncomfortably.

"Alright...here's how it works, answers to the final exam will be six hundred dollars, but I'll cut you a deal on the notes of the review and charge you half price for those."

"Wait...what?"

"Please," Thawne says with a scoff. "I know your type, Allen. Think you can get by with just doing the bare minimum. You think you're smart, so that excuses you from doing hard work. No, it doesn't. I can't stand people like you, the people who just skate through life. You want to be something, you have to work for it...like I had to. For that reason, you're going to have to make it worth my time to help you out. As I said, six hundred dollars for the exam answers, three hundred dollars for the final review notes."

"Are you crazy? I'm not paying you a dime! This is bribery and extortion!"

Shaking my head, I turn to leave.

"Just where do you think you're going?"

"I'm leaving. This isn't right, I'm telling the dean."

"No!"

I'm leaving Thawne's classroom as the teacher starts to jog after me and grabs my shoulder.

"You'll ruin me! Ruin all I've worked for!"

I shrug off his hand and push into the hallway.

"NO!"

Thawne grabs the back of my neck and swings with his free hand, striking me in the face and driving me forward. I stumble and almost fall before catching myself on the wall. Blood is pouring out of my nose. It's not broken, just bloody.

"I'm not going to let some little snot-nosed punk ruin my life!"

I turn around as Thawne charges me. Speeding up just a bit, I side step him and trip him up with my foot. He falls forward and lands hard against the floor.

"What the hell is going on?" A security guard barks from down the hallway. He jogs towards us and looks at the scene before him after he stops.

"Both of you stay where you are!"

The guard reaches for his walkie talkie and holds it to his mouth.

"Let the dean know we have a situation in Waid Hall."

UltSupermanBanner-1.jpg

Taking my leave of the rest of the Justice League, I deliver Dr. Destiny to the nearest police station. Naturally, they have plenty of questions and concerns. As much as I want to put their fears at ease, all I can do is warn them of her abilities and advise them to get STAR Labs on the phone and to keep her sedated. I'm sure that the technicians there will be able to confirm my claims of her powers of influence.

Telling the police that I will return as soon as I can, I make my way back to Pokolistan and tell a thankful Green Lantern that I'll take over his shift in the area and he should go home and get some much needed rest. With the streets of the capital city currently abandoned from the earlier conflicts, I listen calmly to the dead silence all around me.

Superman85.jpg

Things could easily have been so much worse. I don't know how I could ever have lived with myself if I had left dead bodies lying here in the streets, instead of rubble and a few overturned vehicles.

After a moment of reflection, I take a deep breath and set my sights on the closest building that had been caved in, whether from my presence here before, or from the preexisting armed conflicts in this country. Even at superspeed, I'm going to be rebuilding here for the rest of the night. Right now, it doesn't matter. It's my responsibility.

Last edited:
ultrequestnt7.gif

Doris continues her sweep of the LexCorp Towers. She has seen nothing as of yet.

So far so good one more sweep through the North Tower sector 22-28 and then to the South Tower Sector 14

Sector 14 where Lex keeps many of his more "interesting" discoveries.

If anyone like Lane can get into that area they deserve to find out what is going on in there, but troublemakers like her have a way of being very resourceful.

ultrequestld8.gif

The Atom floats through a series of hallways.

She makes one stop and makes one last check on a computer terminal.

It's now on the Justice League's computer server in a hidden file among a million other files. Sooner or later I'm gonna have to tell the League about this, and no doubt that will lead to my secret identity being exposed. So when they are ready to take their masks off I'll take mine, but for now they won't find this unless they manage to guess the passwords.

The Atom then floats by and makes sure everything is primed and ready.

Okay then it's time.

She floats into the nightsky and lands in a field. The Atom then transforms back into Rhiannon Palmer who is dressed in all black.

Rhiannon opens up a back pack and pulls out a remote control.

She activates the control and says, "Burn in hell CADMUS!"

Rhiannon presses a button and the ground rumbles as the abandonned Stonegate Prison implodes on itself.

It'll look like a gas line ruptrued and since this operation technically didn't exisit the Government will also go along with that story unless they want a lot questions being raised they don't wanna answer.
Rhiannon takes out a pair of binoculars and sees the tunnel to CADMUS sealed off and watches as the dust settles.

She smiles and says, "I'm finally free."

Rhainnon begins a hike back into Metropolis where she slips into a back alley and changes from her all black gear into a pair of jeans and wind-braker. Rhiannon takes the remote control and brakes it into two seperate peices. She places them into two different dumpsters.

Rhiannon then proceeds to walk among the people on the street. She walks to the docks and sees no one around.

Rhiannon grabs 2 big rocks and places them in the back-pack. She zips the back-pack up and throws it into the bay and watches it sink to the bottom.

Rhiannon then heads to a local nightclub and sits at the bar. She orders a tonic water with Lime and begins nursing it

My dad would be disappointed that I did something like this, but after everything Waller and CADMUS did to me I'm sorry but I don't care. Might as well stay here long enough to establish an alibi and then head home.

After a few hours she arrives back at her apartment.

She enters cutting on the light and sees Pete Ross sitting in her living room holding the back-pack she threw out. Laying on the coffee table is the two peices of her detonator.

Pete says with a great deal of anger in his voice, "Did you lose a couple of things this evening? Figured I would return them to you. You've had a busy night!"

Rhiannon asks, "How did you know?"

Pete replies, "Wasn't too hard. We need to talk now!"

Last edited:
RPG9-6.png

Keystone University
Keystone City, Kansas

Two of the campus security guards are between Thawne and I as we sit in the dean's office. I hold my bloody nose as Dean Wormer looks at me impassively, before he turns and looks at Thawne with the same look.

"I...don't know what to say...In all my years as an educator...I have seen nothing like this."

"Please, Vernon," Thawne blurts out. "You can't honestly believe this...this child over me!"

"Let me tell you what I have, Edward," Wormer states matter-of-factly. "I have tape of you assaulting a student. From the tape, we can see Mister Allen leaving your classroom, upon which you sucker punch him and charge. If not for Mr. Allen's well-timed dodge, you would have tackled him to the ground."

"He provoked me!"

"Dean Wormer, that's a lie!" I snap, my head tilted and looking at Thawne. "He tried to extort me, sir. He offered to give me the answers to the final exam if I paid him the right price. I said no, I said I was going to do the right thing and tell the authorities and he snapped. You saw the rest."

Wormer nods and leans back in his chair.

"Mister Allen, Rick, Steve, I'd like the four of you to step out into the hallway for a moment. I need to talk to Professor Thawne alone."

I stand up and follow the two security guards out of the room.

Wormer waits until the door is closed before he speaks.

"Jesus Christ, Edward, you really stepped in it now."

"But Allen is lying!"

"I don't give a damn about what he says!" The Dean roars. "It's about what's on tape! You punched him, Edward. You assaulted a student. Who gives a damn about your word against his when they have solid evidence? You're lucky he isn't threatening to sue or press charges. Do you know who's Allen's father? A Central City Police lieutenant. For the past ten years, you've been just getting by, Edward. You're sloppy, immoral, and you've had too many second chances. I'm done with you. I expect you to resign as soon as possible."

"You can't do this to me, Vernon. I still have a lot of use for you and the university!"

"Please, you haven't been relevant in years."

"What about my work with the Central City Police? Consulting with them on who or what the Flash is?"

"That was a publicity stunt three years ago, as it should be obvious now since nobody from the police has even attempted to contact you in two and a half years. Have your resignation letter on my desk at the end of the day."

"No! I'm not quitting."

"Fine. You're fired! Rick, Steve!"

On cue, the two security guards come through the door.

"Escort the former Professor Thawne off the premises. If he doesn't comply, call the police."

"You son of a *****!"

Thawne leaps out of his chair and lunges at Wormer, climbing on the dean's desk and reaching for him. The two guards grab Thawne and drag him out of the office. Struggling against the two guards, he locks eyes with Bart Allen as the guards drag him away.

"This is all your fault, you goddamn brat! I hate you, Allen! I ****ING HATE YOU! **** YOU!"

Thawne's screams echo through the hallway and fade as the guards drag him down the corridor towards the building's exit.

ultrequestnt7.gif

Doris finishes her sweep of LexCorp and reports to Luthor on her L-Pad.

The Security System in Section 14 appears to have signs that someone has tried to tamper with it, but wasn't successful. Section 14 is secured all items are accounted for and the internal sensors have not been tripped. 24 hour guard duty at door. Only you and I are authorized for entrance at this time. I'll start reviewing the security logistics and main-frame to be safe. Tech Crews are already working on the system-- Zuel

She enters her office and begins processing the Security logs and logistics for Section 14.

ultrequestld8.gif

Pete says, "Explain yourself and your actions Dr. Palmer."

Rhiannon says, "Dr. Palmer? Sounds like when my parents used to call me by my full name I knew I was in trouble."

Pete throws the back-pack to the ground and says, "This isn't funny! You are looking at no fewer than 10 felony charges right now! Suppose there was a covert ops training exercise going on! You would've been responsible for their deaths! Not to mention I've got 4 CHECKMATE crews trying to clean up your mess! The paperwork is gonna be a nightmare, and keeping you out of it is gonna be a Godzilla sized headache!"

Pete shakes his head and says, "The only reason I haven't hauled you away in handcuffs yet is because if I did it might bring your mom out in the open and I don't need her death on my conscience!"

Rhiannon replies, "You aren't gonna do a thing to me Director Ross! Because if you did things could get ugly. Secrets could be revealed that would make you and the C-I-A scramble for cover!"

Pete says, "You don't think I can't frame you up for something that'll get you out of the way? Try Me Dr. Palmer!"

Rhiannon says, "My oh my if Amanda Waller could see you now. She would be so proud."

Pete sits down. The name Amanda Waller hits him hard and he asks, "Why did you do it?"

Rhiannon replies, "For weeks since I've escaped I've been having nightmares about Waller and CADMUS in someway or form. I needed to do something to try and bring some closure to that chapter in my life. Director Ross..."

Pete interrupts, "It's Pete Rhiannon."

Rhiannon nods and continues, "Pete Waller and CADMUS have screwed up my life in ways I never thought possible. Not only with my powers, kidnapping me, almost turning me into a killer who was stuck at 6 inches, but they forced my mom into hiding I can never really see her again."

Pete says, "You didn't want closure really you wanted revenge." Rhiannon looks somewhat stunned at that statement.

Pete continues, "Been there done that. You wanted revenge and that facility was a symbol of it all."

Rhiannon looks downward and says, "I guess you're right. I confused justice with revenge."

Pete says, "Happens to the best of us Rhiannon don't beat yourself up over it. Part of the reason I was so angry is because I'm jealous and I feel a lot of guilt."

Rhiannon looks up as Pete says, "Truth be known I've wanted to blow that place up but something always stopped me and you did it. I feel guilt because I should've done more to stop Waller and protect you and your mom from her, but I didn't and for that I'm sorry Rhiannon."

Rhiannon says, "I'm not sorry for what I did tonight Pete, but I'm sorry that my actions have cause you a lot of trouble. I'm sorry for that alone.."

Pete nods and says, "I know, but it'll be all-right in the end you're in the clear. Embrace that you're not gonna have to worry about CADMUS or Waller again. Just don't pull a stunt like this again. Otherwise I'll personally lead the hunt against you. I'm assuming the Cyber-Bomb has been moved to another location, because Waller hasn't been taken into custody or had a Senate Committee convened against her. "

Rhiannon nods and says, "It's safe Pete and if I use it I'll tell you first. I promise.."

He nods, stands up, and asks, "So where do we go from here?"

Rhiannon thinks for a moment and sticks her hand out . She says, "Hi Dr. Rhiannon Palmer. Scientist, Daughter of a former operative, and Super-Hero in disguise. Nice to meet you."

Pete chuckles a bit and sticks his hand out and says, "Pete Ross. Director of CHECKMATE, C-I-A operative, friend of your family and your Super-Hero group. Nice to meet you too Rhiannon."

They shake hands and smile.

Pete picks up Rhiannon's gear and says, "I'll make sure all this is destroyed within the hour. Get some rest you've had a busy night. Take care Rhiannon."

Rhiannon replies, "Thanks Pete for your help with this. By the way how did you get in here? No sign of forced entry, and the door was still locked."

Pete smiles and says, "Check the lamp shade you'll find out in a moment."

Pete leaves and Rhiannon locks the door. She checks the lamp shade to discover a C-I-A bug.

Just then her phone rings as she crushes the bug. It's Pete's cell-phone number on the caller ID.

She answers the phone, "Didn't you just leave here?"

A familiar voice says, "Don't think so. Check the front door"

Rhiannon's heart is almost ready to burst out of her chest she knows that voice anywhere.

She opens the door and sees her mom standing there. Rhiannon looks at Pete
who is off to the side and she mouths the words "Thank you." Pete nods with a smile at Rhiannon.

Rhiannon says, "You're here I can't believe it!"

She ushers her mom into the apartment and closes the door.

Rhiannon says, "I can't believe it. You let Pete in, because you still have a key."

Alice and her daughter embrace for a moment. Her mom nods and Rhiannon ends the embrace and asks, "Why the bugging device?"

Alice replies, "I had to know why you did it. Luckily I was in a nearby city so Pete could get me here Rhiannon. He told me what happened to the Facility and I had to know for myself why you did it. Like Pete I'm not exactly proud of you for this one..."

Rhiannon bows her head and says, "Mom I can't just..."

Alice interrupts and says, "but like Pete I understand as well." Rhiannon raises her head up and she says, "Thank you for at least understanding."

Rhiannon asks, "Now that Waller and CADMUS are pretty well defunct does this mean you can come out of hiding?"

To be concluded in the finale post.

Last edited:
BatmanLogo2.gif

"And although authorities were unavailible for comment, several anonymous sources have exclusively confirmed to Gotham Tonight that the involvement of the vigilante Batman was solitary in the attack on the grounds, citing the infamous masked outlaw as 'ravaged' and 'dangerous' in his approach on the Asylum's security staff. While Arkham's new warden, Dr. Johnathan Crane, has been adamant that the incident has no bearing on the safety of his staff or the patients being treated on the grounds, acting commissioner of police Sarah Essen-Gordon is expected to release a full statement to the press tommorow morning, regarding the department's lack of progress in the arrest of The Batman following a series of gangland murders tied to the active case brought against..."

It's been all over the news since dawn.

Local stations, international affiliates, even the online publications have been trafficking by the thousands ever since the initial reports of it broke through Lois Lane's column at The Planet. And while there are many that have been circulating coverage of the related attacks, such as Superman's onslaught on Pokolistan or Diana's breach on the Pentagon, I can't help but notice as most of the public talkbacks turn the focus back to what happened at Arkham. Some would say it's because the public knows the least about Batman, about what his true affilitations are or what he's out to accomplish in all of the crimes that I've been falsely accused of committing in the past, but I have another theory. They're simply trying to reaffirm something that they always suspected would happen. From the moment I stepped out onto Gotham's streets and made a prescence known, they've been calling me variations of the same word. 'Insane', 'Demented', 'Dangerous', 'Malignant'...

Crazy. A timebomb waiting to explode, I believe is what Knox once called me at the Gazette. It's all come as a result of the public perception of what it is I really am in a city that's produced a staggering amount of killers, psychotics, and criminals. Normally I'd have been able to brace myself for the aftermath of something like this, but in the turmoil of all that's happened in the past few hours, I've come to realize what my real reaction was from the beginning. This isn't like those other times, where I could have relived the facts and used them to tell myself that it wasn't my fault. This is something that could have never happened without my existence.

And that, above all else, is what scares me the most. Dr. Destiny may have been controlling my mind, but only to exploit capabilities that were already there. The woman needed my expertise and my prowess as a combatant in order to get her deranged message across. I trained to be the best that I could be, but always with the narrow objective of taking on Gotham's worst. Now I can't help but imagine if Destiny, or perhaps someone with abilities like hers, were to take hold of me again. And I wonder to myself, quietly surveying the video footage of the aftermath as the cleanup at Arkham begins. Did I succeed at being the best, only to take it too far?

"That will be enough of that,"

Midway through stitching up a gash in my arm, Alfred retrieves the remote and shuts off the television so that he can continue in peace. To say the air in the room isn't a little awkward would be lying. He's been mostly quiet ever since I returned from Metropolis, but I could tell that he's been following the news like anyone else. And like them, he isn't sure of what to think. If I thought I could explain it to him without sounding like I really have lost it, I might have tried.

"Now then, let's get that one sterilized. Before you acquire yet another of your trophy infections."

As he begins to wrap it in a cloth dressing, I simply stare across the room, looking out the window at the skyline of Gotham while day begins to break. From here, you can still see the news helicopters hovering over the Island, trying to catch a glimpse of any damage I might have done to Arkham itself. In his own way, Alfred tries to get me to focus on something else.

"You're going to ask me what happened, aren't you?"

He avoids the question. For the sake of prosperity, I try to dress the situation in a more believeable set of circumstances. "I was put under the affects of ...something, some new narcotic on the streets. It was strong enough to made me hallucinate things about Arkham that weren't true."

I can tell some of his doubts are allieviated, even though the worry doesn't leave his face.

"I see. Well if that's the case, perhaps we should think up a proper alibi for Dr. Lucius Fox, so that he can do the bloodwork to determine whether it poses any threat your system."

Weakly managing to get up from my seat in order to avoid the suggestion, I take a walk over to the balcony and stare out, lighting up a cigarette in the process. After everything I've seen and experienced tonight, I can't help but feel like I need something to stimulate me. Even for a moment.

"Sir, I wish you wouldn't. At least, not without any opened windows in the..."

I give him a look. He sighs to himself, gathering up the spare bandages and the first aid.

"Alright, but only this once. After that, we're going to work on quitting those. Lord knows that your physical health doesn't suffer enough as it is."

Breathing in the nicotine, I lean against the window with my arm as the news copter leaves, passing us as it goes by.

"We'll see."

"In any event, you have a stockholder's meeting to attend this morning. And before you even ask, I cannot cancel the appointment. Waynetech's board of directors are already calling you nonstop, and I imagine it is to discuss your position in the company itself. Bruce Wayne has yet to take an active prescence in their plans for the next year's joint ventures."

Great. Just what I need after a night like this. Sitting in a board room and pretending to be interested in the monthly quota. Even though I give him a grunt, as I go to put out the cigarette, I nevertheless nod as he hands me the meeting's documents.

"And if I may make a suggestion. Perhaps this is the perfect opprotunity to tackle this latest misfortune head on. As I seem to recall, Waynetech has donated to Arkham Asylum in the past. Perhaps a more sizeable amount, this time?"

Even though it doesn't quite help with my concerns, he does raise an interesting point. I may not be able to repair much of the damage as Batman, beyond my contributions in last night's apprehension of Destiny, but asserting the situation as Bruce Wayne does give me certain opprotunities for retribution. Even if they're of the financial variety.

"I'll keep it under advisement. Anything else?"

He pauses, midway through scrolling the daily planner.

"Oh. Yes, actually. I had intended to update you on Miss Kyle."

Selina?

Dammit, I forgot all about that. Now it's all coming back to me, she was still in the hospital whenever I was overtaken by Destiny's influence. Our siege on Richard Dragon's hideout in Chinatown, the beating that she sustained. Everything that happened. I can only hope that she's still alright.

"You went to see her? When?"

"I offered to drive her home, right after she was discharged. Despite the physical trauma, she actually seemed to be in rare spirits. Apart from complaining about the bill, which I promptly offered to pay. I assumed that you wouldn't have minded."

"Of course... but,"

Alfred can practically read it on my face. He knows what I was about to say.

"Yes, there was a bit of talk about her recent... discoveries. But to be honest, sir, I wasn't quite comfortable discussing it without your presence. You'll have to eventually speak to her for yourself."

I'm not sure which I'd rather try first. That, or the meeting. Obviously, this changes everything between us, particularly if she happened to hear the promise that I may have overzealously given her while she was sedated. I'm not out to encourage her to continue being Catwoman, especially if everything goes as wrong as it did before. But with her newfound knowledge of my identity, I'm not even sure if I have that choice. I may have to follow through.

Even if part of me wishes I had just let Superman choke me to death.

"I'll do what I can. Maybe you should invite her to the penthouse tonight, if I'm not too..."

Suddenly, my phone goes off. Specifically, the application relay that I designed through Oracle to give the program access to my personal text alerts. Both of us look down as I pull the phone out of my back pocket and read over the information that it gives me, detailing the recent event logs of the past few hours. Normally I'd be inclined to ignore it or save it for later...

Except that not all of the event logs are mine.

"Have you used Oracle? At any point earlier tonight?"

"I haven't had the chance. As I told you, I was out all evening."

Scrolling through the text, I uplink directly into Oracle's main database and begin shifting through the information that the log directed me to. Everything that I've used it for in the last few hours, including the commands made while under the influence of Destiny, has been detailed to their absolute function. Searching through it further, backlogging through the defunct encryptions, I stumble upon an entry made at the point that threw me off...

And am considerably surprised at what I find waiting for me.

What the hell?!

RPG9-6.png

I come through the front door of the house and close it behind me.

"Bart? That you?!"

I sigh. Dean Wormer called ahead and told my parents about the thing with Thawne and personally apologized. I took my time getting home, because of this.

Mom comes around the corner and stops short when she sees my bloody nose.

"Oh, my God. That bastard did that to you?!"

"Mom...I'm alright, just calm down."

"Bartholomew Henry Allen, you do not get to tell me to calm down. That son of a ***** hurt my baby, I'm gonna cut somebody!"

"Iris," Dad says in a calm voice as he comes into the hallway. "Calm down."

"The man's supposed to be a teacher! What he did isn't right, he has to pay!"

"Well, honey, before we round up a posse and tar and feather him, the dean told us he was fired. The guy seemed like he was a scumbag, and Bart's unharmed. I mean, he got worse the time he fell out of a tree at my parent's house."

Mom sighs and walks up to me. She puts my face in her hands and rubs my cheek.

"I'm sorry...I just got so worried."

"it's okay, Mom. I understand."

"I know you're grown, about to graduate from college...but you're always going to be my baby. You can be sixty-five years old and you'll still be my baby."

I put my arm around her and give her a squeeze.

"I know that. I've always known that."

"Come on, Iris, you're embarrassing him."

Mom back away from me and laughs.

"I'm sorry, Bart."

"It's fine, and Dad's right, I'm alright."

"What about your tests? The final exam?"

"Well, Thawne already had his final exam prepared. I think the Dean is just going to have an associate professor or somebody administer the test and grade it. He said I can opt to not take it. I don't think I'll do that, though. Despite all the stuff with Thawne, it still wouldn't be fair for me to get my diploma without taking it."

Dad smiles and claps me on the shoulder.

"Proud of you, son. Even when you're down, you know to do the right thing."

"What can I say? I guess my parents raised me right..."

One Week Later
Keystone University
Keystone City, Kansas

So I went through with it. I took Thawne's exam and I aced it. That, coupled with my good grades in my Chemistry and Criminology courses brought my GPA up to a respectable 3.8 Not a valedictorian by any means, but I got what mattered. That's why I'm in the robes and the goofy looking hat.

"Allen, Bartholomew Henry, Bachelors of Science."

I stand and walk across the stage, shaking the dean's hand and getting my diploma. People applaud politely, but I can hear the loudest claps and cheers from my friends in family. I glance out and see Mom and Dad with Wally, Jay, and Ralph. A glance back at the rest of the students and Val is standing up, clapping for me.

I continue across the stage and go back to my seat.

Bart Allen: College Graduate.

Has a nice ring to it.

Now that I'm done with that, a big question remains.

What the heck do I do next?

Epilogue

It had been a week since Ed Thawne had been fired from his post as professor, and he was relieving his worst moment over and over again. Even though he'd been kicked off the premises of Keystone University, slapped with a restraining order to bar him from the campus, he had managed to hack into the school's security camera feed. He replayed that one moment of weakness on a loop, watching as he attempted to tackle Bart Allen over and over and over again.

Something wasn't right about the tape, he should have tackled Allen...but the kid moved fast...too fast. That burst of speed was so unlike him. As far as Thwne new, Allen had never been an athlete or tried to play any school sports. Gears began to turn inside Thawne's head. Bart Allen would show up to class almost late every single time. Why? What was he doing

Thawne jumped out of his seat and raced to his bathroom. Looking through a pile of clothes, he pulled out the shirt he was wearing that day. There it was, on the collar as clear as day: a red spot of dried blood. Not his, but Allen's. That would be more than enough.

It took him a few hours to get his equipment set back up. The DNA reader he hadn't used in years was set up and plugged into his laptop. Thawne had scrapped off some of Allen's blood and placed it into the machine with the sample to compare with.

The Central City Police Department had given him the sample back when the Flash had first become active. They had recovered blood at the scene where he stopped an armed bank robber. The robber had got a lucky shot in and hit the superhero with the butt of his gun, giving the speedster a cut lip. Blood spilled on the bank floor and the cops had managed to recover it and keep it intact.

It took Thawne's DNA reader a half hour to scan the coding before it came back with its result. It dinged when it was done and Thawne looked at the scree, a twisted grin appeared on his face when he looked at the code comparison. The two strands of DNA were exactly the same.

"Bart Allen is the Flash..."

Chuckling under his breath, Thawne closed out the reader program and went to the internet.

It was time for him to plan his revenge.

Damn it all.

Bats4-18.png

For the second time in weeks, I've discovered a breach in my security. I had considered it a minimal objective to reconsistute the parameters of my firewalls and countermeasure tactics encrypted through Oracle's database, after the incident with Selina, once becoming distracted with the events that nearly brought Arkham Island to ruin at my own hands. There are a surprising lack of funds and insurance policies in place for the Asylum guards that I had been manipulated into attacking, so I've spent most of my time trying to pool together old resources through Waynetech in order to reimberse them for damages. I don't feel that it's terribly incriminating, considering Bruce Wayne has at least a partial stock placement on the list of Arkham's shareholders.

The point is, in dealing with the mess that Dr. Destiny's attack inflicted on my city, I lost sight of the issues right infront of me. Issues such as trying to keep up on the latest security measures that I could implement in order to safeguard my secrets. Selina Kyle was only the second person to discover a way into my personal privacy. Lieutenant Edward Nygma, a man who I had once considered a potential candidate in becoming my new informant in the Police Department, helped cast a shroud of doubt over his loyalties whenever he hacked his way into Oracle - twice. The first time actually led into our initial meet, the second was more than justification to keep him at arm's length. I should have known, then, to double my efforts in trying to rid myself of any potential backdoors.

But now, a third hacking has occurred. And while I want to tell myself that it's Nygma again, using the backup that he had copied down in order to get ahold of me and have a word, I can't help but feel a little uneased. With Selina now boasting the knowledge of my secret - an unfortunate result of our paths crossing at the wrong times - and Bane still out there, still as much a mystery to me as ever, I can't be sure of who I'm tracking down to these coordinates I've lifted from the active connection. But whoever they are, they have a sickening sense of humor. "Batman," it said. "Tommorow night, midnight. Unfinished business. You know where to find me."

Signed with the name of my deceased partner in the GCPD.

My deceased... friend.

I can't allow such a desecration to his memory to stand. Whoever they are, whatever they think they've found, they're about to get a rude awakening. Once I take them out and take back their encryption key into Oracle, I'm going to take special measures to make sure that this never happens again. Surveying the grounds of the Gotham City Cemetary, where I've traced this bastard's signal, I hop over the main gate and quietly begin to manuever through the graveyard. An interesting spot to have a confrontation, I suppose, but it barely phases me as I switch the cowl's lenses over to nightvision mode. Come out and face me, you...

BOOOONG!

The Gotham Clocktower. You can hear it in the city's financial district for miles as it strikes it's final bell. It should serve as an ominous sign for whoever's made the mistake of bringing me here tonight.

Midnight.

batman9.png

He's here.

My remote-control drone catches a glimpse of the Batman as he enters the cemetery. The way he moves makes him incredibly difficult to follow--sticking to the shadows, moving from cover to cover. As he gets closer to my father's grave, though, he starts to move out into the open. Now that he's close in, he wants me to know he's coming.

I zoom in with the drone's camera to try and get a better look at his face. While his mask conceals any identifying features, one thing I can tell is that he's angry. Good; it's about time someone got under his skin.

As he nears the grave, I land the drone behind the headstone, then activate my smart-phone, to call the drone's speakers.

"Batman," I say, hoping to get his attention. I'm glad you're here. This has been a long time coming."

Once the Batman reaches the grave, I pull the remote detonator from my utility belt and press the button.

explosion.jpg

The explosion is deafening, even from a distance. That's bound to get attention from the authorities; I'll have to get this over with quickly before the police get here.

As the smoke clears, I step out of the mausoleum where I had been hiding, drawing a collapsible staff from my belt, ready to finish off what's left of the murdering so-called hero.

"I've waited too long for this," I say as I approach him....

57471-tim-drake_400.jpg

"Batman.....tonight....right now.....you're going to die."

Andy C. said:
"I've waited too long for this," I say as I approach him...

57471-tim-drake_400.jpg

Jesus. What was...

Ears are ringing as I pull my cape off of me, realizing that I'm laying several feet away on the ground. I've been thrown off of my path and onto my back, but by what? Struggling to breathe due to the heat in the air, my eyes slowly wince open as they reveal the source of my predicament. A raging fire in distance, in place of one of the gravestones. A deep pit to show the telltale sign of an explosive at work. Of course. I was caught in some sort of blast, I just couldn't see it coming in time. It must have been one of considerably small force, to still be able to leave me alive. Concentrated, which means it was coordinated. A set-up. Tells me that whoever's led me here tonight, whoever set up the charge for me to walk over...

They want me thrown off. So they can carry out a much deeper purpose.

"Who..."

"Batman.....tonight....right now.....you're going to die."

To my surprise, I can see my attacker up close as he approaches from beyond the fire. And instead of some hulking brute or an unimpressive looking weapons' technician padded up in some sort of protective armor, I get the shock of my life as I realize just what I'm looking at. My mind isn't able to process it at first, but it eventually comes clear as he produces a collapsable staff. A boy?

A teenager, to be accurate. Looks to be somewhere between fourteen and sixteen years old. Oracle quickly feeds me his statistics. Athletic build, just under five feet tall, at least one hundred and ten pounds. It's his attire that really gets my attention. He's wearing a mask over his face, covered up in some sort of black and red form-fitting attire. Not unlike something a small budget could afford, but it's enough to convey a message. He's out for blood. Or at least thinks he is.

Struggling to get to my feet, I place a hand over my chest and keep my distance. Something's digging at me, sharp. Need to ignore it for now and keep the boy at bay. I don't know what his intentions really are, or what extent they carry, but I know one thing for sure. He's not playing around if he was willing to use low-grade explosives to catch me off guard.

"Son, I don't know what you're doing. Or why you're doing it,"

Bats3-17.png

"But I can promise you. This isn't a fight you want."

"Believe me, murderer," I say as I circle the wounded Bat, "My life is full of things I didn't want, because of you."

My right hand spins the staff in front of me in a figure-8 pattern, a whirlwind of steel as I move in towards Batman.

Even injured as he is by the explosion, I don't want to get within arm's reach of Batman unless he's already off-guard.

My left hand carries my actual attack: a trio of cherry bombs filled with pepper spray and ground-up glass. I fling the small explosives towards him, and they burst just out of his reach, showering him with burning irritants.

The Bat tries to shield himself with his cape, and as he does, I bring the butt of my staff hard into his shin. Normally, with that armor of his, the blow would be next to nothing.

But after the mine....

"Those are ceramic plates in your armor, aren't they?" I say as I slip past him, whirling the staff for another attack. "They absorb potentially lethal impacts, shattering to expend energy from the incoming attacks."

I swing the staff once again, and the Batman tries to block. The staff connects with the shattered armor plating on his forearm, and I can actually see the murderer gritting his teeth in pain.

"That armor was able to save you from an anti-personnel mine," I continue, "but now that it's shattered, you're just covered in jagged shards. Shards that dig into your skin, shred your muscles, and sever tendons every time I strike them."

I pull away again to avoid a counterattack, then activate the LEDs that were supposed to be the camera-flash on my phone....but I had modified into a blinding strobe light.

"I want you to hurt for what you've done, Batman," I say as I close in again, jabbing the staff towards his thigh. "I want you to know how much damage you've done, how many people you've hurt. How many men have died because of you. Men like Detective John Grayson."

I bring the staff up for an overhead blow.

"You've never had to answer for his death. But now, you're going to answer to me."

Andy C. said:
I pull away again to avoid a counterattack, then activate the LEDs that were supposed to be the camera-flash on my phone....but I had modified into a blinding strobe light.

"I want you to hurt for what you've done, Batman," I say as I close in again, jabbing the staff towards his thigh. "I want you to know how much damage you've done, how many people you've hurt. How many men have died because of you. Men like Detective John Grayson."

I bring the staff up for an overhead blow.

"You've never had to answer for his death. But now, you're going to answer to me."

DC2-9.png

That light he's set up. It's blinding - no, worse. It's burning my eyes. Didn't switch off the nightvision when I had the chance. Left me too vulnerable. Sloppy, need to be better and pick myself back up. Before the kid can attack again. Because unfortunately, as much as I can tell that he's relying too much on an arsenal that'll surely run out, he's right about everything he's told me. The ceramic armor is dipped in nomex, covered in tri-weave fibers of kevlar, but it's still the closest layer of the suit to my bare skin. It must have cracked like he intended, because right now it feels like I'm trapped in a bag made of shattered glass. Cutting me open with every...

Jesus. The kid's thought about this. He's pre-meditated my death at his hands, but why? Surely whatever the reason, it can't be personal. No matter the signs, no matter his state of agression, it has to be something else, because I can't even imagine what I could have done to set him off. I've never seen anything like him. His moves, even though he's hardly a master assassin, are coordinated with precision. His reflexes and agility are almost impossible to keep track of. I even find myself having to make more of an effort to stay alive. He's that determined to bring me down.

"Kid, you... you don't know what you're doing. There's what you know, and there's what you think you know."

He doesn't listen, he's not even paying attention. Nothing but fury and anger are driving him. And by the time my vision recovers, I'm forced to dodge a swing of his staff that'd be hard enough to shatter my jaw. Using the momentum of the dodge, I somersault out of the way and leap onto one of the adjacent gravestones.

Batman6-47.png

"I'm... I'm not the killer you think I am. I'm not a monster. Detective Grayson's death was a coverup."

For a moment, I consider the possibility - the remote possibility of the face under that mask.

I ignore it. It's not possible.

He's not capable of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95