The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pac is very loyal, as much as it sucks I really can't blame or fault him. Dumb or not.

The ball is in Mayweather and Shaefer's court now, Arum went on record saying he'd deal with Golden Boy and Sheafer, it's Mayweather and Sheafer that don't want to deal with Arum at this point in time.

Btw, I still don't see why the media and Mayweather are making a big deal about beating Marciano's record and 50-0, Chavez Sr was 88-0 at one point. But I guess since he wasn't American it doesn't count.

How is it in Mayweather's court? Why can't Arum call GBP? He keeps saying he wants them to call him but hasn't he been in the business longer than all of them? He's the one who screwed Mayweather and Dela Hoya over so shouldn't he make the first phone call? Don't get me wrong, GBP should bend some to but I blame him moreso than anyone else. He called for a boycott of Mayweather's fight against Maidana, which is very unprofessional, but yet Mayweather should drop any grudge he had against him? I can't believe people continually only blame Mayweather for this fight not happening when Manny and Arum only mention Mayweather's name when he has a fight scheduled or they do. It's plain as day!

Manny should've moved on from Arum simply for the sake of his own finances. The man's a snake, always has been, always will be.

As far as the fight is concerned, even beyond Manny & Floyd, plenty of good fights could be made between the two promotions, they're hurting their own money over this foolishness, not just boxing as a sport.

How is it in Mayweather's court? Why can't Arum call GBP? He keeps saying he wants them to call him but hasn't he been in the business longer than all of them? He's the one who screwed Mayweather and Dela Hoya over so shouldn't he make the first phone call? Don't get me wrong, GBP should bend some to but I blame him moreso than anyone else. He called for a boycott of Mayweather's fight against Maidana, which is very unprofessional, but yet Mayweather should drop any grudge he had against him? I can't believe people continually only blame Mayweather for this fight not happening when Manny and Arum only mention Mayweather's name when he has a fight scheduled or they do. It's plain as day!

Who the hell is ONLY blaming Mayweather. Everybody, I repeat EVERYBODY involved is to blame. Arum in the past for being a snake, Sheafer for not letting go of grudges and making this deal, Pac for thinking he was worth more than what he thought and the testing, and finally Mayweather for being a diva and a flat out b-ch.

And yes it is in Mayweather's court right now, Arum said this just a day or two ago

But Arum, who recently repaired his long-estranged relationship with Golden Boy founder and president Oscar De La Hoya, who fought for Arum for years, said he would love to work again with De La Hoya.
"I've said that from the get-go, Oscar would be a pleasure to work with, no doubt about it," Arum said. "But I can work with anyone, as I've demonstrated my whole career. This nonsense that I'm not going to work with this guy or that guy is ridiculous. But obviously I can't work with Schaefer because he won't work with me. I'm not averse to working with anybody."
De La Hoya's relationship with Schaefer has been on the rocks for months, and became even cooler after De La Hoya apologized recently to Arum for things he has said about him in the media.
Schaefer has told USA TODAY Sports he will never work with Top Rank, even if Arum is not involved with negotiations.
Still, Arum said he does not think a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight is necessarily dead.
"Mayweather has a contract with Showtime through 2015. If they want to do the fight earlier rather than later, I've talked with the HBO people and they're more than willing to sit down and work out a deal where both companies distribute the fight," said Arum.
"If Mayweather says, 'hey, I got this unbelievably juicy contract with Showtime, why should I jeopardize it, I got three more fights fighting whoever the hell I want and they gotta pay me all this money. I'll wait until those three fights and then I'm out of the contract and then I can fight Pacquiao and if HBO distributes it, I don't care. I'm not breaching contract.' "
Arum said he was willing to do that fight anytime. "And Manny is, too. But we're not going to get jerked around," he said. "Leonard Ellerbe (CEO of Mayweather Promotions) told (Yahoo's) Kevin Iole recently that 'Arum wants too much money.' Well, isn't that what negotiations are for, until it becomes reasonable to them? That's not a reason not to do a fight.
"If there isn't a meeting of the minds, then possible the fight doesn't happen. But you don't say it can't happen without trying."

Mayweather's got a contract with Showtime, he's already guaranteed x-amount of money plus whatever incentives he gets, he'd also be on the A-side of the promotion, ring walk etc. Arum, HBO, Delahoya are all willing to sit down and talk about the fight. Like I said at this point in time, it's in HIS court to make the fight or not.

If Tyson/Lewis and De La Hoya/Trinidad got made, and this fight doesn't then Mayweather and Pac will go down in history as being the biggest b_es in this sport. No denying that.

Last edited:
Arum also said I was lying yesterday but telling the truth today. I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. I don't blame Mayweather at all for not wanting to deal with Arum, especially when alledgely he owes Mayweather for two fights in the past! And it's amazing how when a fighter doesn't want to fight Paq, they are considered cowards now. Mayweather doesn't want to fight him due to Arum, now JMM is a coward now because he doesn't want to fight him a 5th time because he's afraid of what Paq will do, yet people believe this garbage! If Paq didn't want to leave Arum for Mayweather's sake, why not leave him for the sake of better matches against GBP fighters? That promotion is stacked with great fighters that Manny will never face due to the fact he's with Arum.

Wait who's calling Mayweather or JMM a coward? I kniw that wasn't directed at me!

On the contrary, now that Oscar and Arum have made up, Pac has more options to fight Golden Boy fighters. The only ones that don't want to deal with Arum are Mayweather and Sheafer, who btw are going to be losing money and options if the rumors are true that Shaefer will leave GBP by the end of the summer.

The Mayweather/Maidana fight underperformed, and if Mayweather leaves GBP along with Sheafer who are his options? What big time fighter is out there for him to fight that aren't from Golden Boy and Top Rank?

Wait who's calling Mayweather or JMM a coward? I kniw that wasn't directed at me!

On the contrary, now that Oscar and Arum have made up, Pac has more options to fight Golden Boy fighters. The only ones that don't want to deal with Arum are Mayweather and Sheafer, who btw are going to be losing money and options if the rumors are true that Shaefer will leave GBP by the end of the summer.

The Mayweather/Maidana fight underperformed, and if Mayweather leaves GBP along with Sheafer who are his options? What big time fighter is out there for him to fight that aren't from Golden Boy and Top Rank?
Most of GBP fighters don't have contracts and are Al Haymon fighters. So if Mayweather and Schaefer leave, then most of the fighters are gone with the exception of Canelo. It's the reason why Oscar doesn't mind working with Arum all of a sudden. He sees the writing on the wall.

Most of GBP fighters don't have contracts and are Al Haymon fighters. So if Mayweather and Schaefer leave, then most of the fighters are gone with the exception of Canelo. It's the reason why Oscar doesn't mind working with Arum all of a sudden. He sees the writing on the wall.

Like who? Maidana again? As much as I'd like to see a rematch, I doubt it would happen with Mayweather's diva demands like Maidana using pillow gloves again. And would Maidana stay loyal to Golden Boy or Haymon? So who's left that's an Al Haymon fighter, that's around the welterweight division and that isn't Golden Boy or Top Rank? Amir Khan? He can't fight Mayweather in September because of Ramadan. He isn't fighting any black fighters on a Mexican holiday, that would sell worse than the Maidana and Guerrero fight. And most of the Hispanic fighters would stay loyal to Golden Boy.

Danny Garcia would probably be his only option, but again like Maidana it would under perform in PPV sales and Garcia probably wouldn't take the fight right now.

Last edited:
Pillow Gloves? What do the gloves matter when you're just headbutting and elbowing anyway?

Pillow Gloves? What do the gloves matter when you're just headbutting and elbowing anyway?

Body shot, body shot body shot body shot, head shot. "Those don't count doe" typical flomo response.

And you wonder why y'all are always getting ragged on and called flomos on pretty much every boxing forum I've been on.

Maidana didn't headbutt Mayweather, and Floyd elbowed more than Maidana did.

No he didn't

*sigh* You guys can show Iron Stark video evidence and he'd still find some kind of fault in Mayweather. His hate of the dude is astounding! I've never seen a poster with such blind rage and hatred of my fighter ever on any forum before. To say Mayweather fought a dirtier fight than Maidana is crazy. Maidana got away with a lot of things and I was surprised the ref didn't take a point from him. Mayweather's accuracy and defense kept Maidana at bay so he fought a dirty fight to try and make it ugly but Floyd still clearly won the fight. I don't think I've heard anyone other than those who really hate Mayweather say he lost.

Anyway, looking forward to the fight tonight between Adonis Stevenson and some cab driver. Seems like all the good fighters are at 160 and below. Here's hoping for a good fight tonight.

Mayweather didn't keep anyone at bay, after Maidana was beating him up with those pillow gloves, Mayweather got on his bike and ran to a 'victory'.

There was nothing clear about that win, except for the flomos.

You are so unbelievable!

Anyway, in Two weeks, Cotto vs. Martinez. I got it going 6 rounds max. No way Cotto should have taken this fight. He's got about a good a chance as a snowflake in Hell.

Adonis Stevenson is fighting some dude tonight. Just get these tomato cans out the way so we can see Stevenson v Kovalev.

That 'tomato can' put it on Stevenson. Good fight, now time for Kovolev or Hopkins.

Ward needs to go up in weight fight these guys in hopes of making a name for himself, and forget about wanting that easy payday with Chavez Jr.

Quick question: what happens if Ward goes up? If he beats Adonis and Hopkins, there's no one else there so why go up. What I don'tget is GGG is 33 years old, wanted to fight JJC at 180 but want fight anything.

What do you mean what happens? He makes a name for himself! He wants to be a superstar, he wants to be a PPV attraction, well then go up in weight fight the best up there. Challenge himself, there are more fights at 175 than at 168. Stevenson, Hopkins, Kovelov, Pascal come to mind. 168 is dead there is nobody there.

Instead he's chasing Chavez Jr in the hopes that it's the next Canelo/Mayweather.

Question for you, is what happens if and when he beats GGG and Chavez Jr? What then? Is he going to be considered one of the best? A legend? Someone that will be talked about 20 years from now?

The way his career is going and by him never wanting to fight out of his home town, he will never make a name foe himself, be forgotten by most and end up,like one of those European fighters that never came to tge States to fight.

He wants to make money now and GGG and JCC Jr bring in more money than anyone in the light heavyweight division. It amazes me how people keep saying GGG isn't ready for a Ward fight but he's actually older than Ward and has close to 200 or 300 amateur fights. He's just scared of him. He was willing to go up in weight for Chavez but not for Ward. Who has GGG beaten for him to make demands?!? He's the biggest hype job I've seen in awhile. But I do agree that Ward does need to bend on some of his demands. Never fighting out of his hometown maybe one of the reasons he's not as popular as he should be. He needs to fight in Vegas more.

:funny:

Heard about it today when was the last time T.I was relevant?

He wants to make money now and GGG and JCC Jr bring in more money than anyone in the light heavyweight division. It amazes me how people keep saying GGG isn't ready for a Ward fight but he's actually older than Ward and has close to 200 or 300 amateur fights. He's just scared of him. He was willing to go up in weight for Chavez but not for Ward. Who has GGG beaten for him to make demands?!? He's the biggest hype job I've seen in awhile. But I do agree that Ward does need to bend on some of his demands. Never fighting out of his hometown maybe one of the reasons he's not as popular as he should be. He needs to fight in Vegas more.

Ok, lets say he gets his slightly bigger than usaul payday (he will be on the B side of the promotion) fighting GGG and Chavez. Then what?

Is he going to go down as a legend fighting a hype job as you put it and a lazy pot head living off his dads name?

What next? Retire? Live comfortabley from his 2 'B' side PPV paydays?

He'd probably move up then. Why do guys like you want Mayweather to fight guys who out weigh him by 20 lbs but when Ward wants to fight guys his own size, he should move up? That makes no sense.

He'd probably move up then. Why do guys like you want Mayweather to fight guys who out weigh him by 20 lbs but when Ward wants to fight guys his own size, he should move up? That makes no sense.

Who's talking about Mayweather right now?

Your posts make no kind of sense!

So Ward shouldn't move up a division, but GGG and Chavez Jr should go up and fight a bigger guy in Ward. And then you say GGG is a hype job, and acknowledge Jr is a lazy pot head, yet fighting those two for a slightly bigger paycheck than usual would be better than fighting for glory and legend status by cleaning out the 175 division.

But by Mayweather fan standards this makes perfect sense. Gotta look after favorite fighters bank accounts and easy wins rather than taking pride in a guy that challenges himself and fights for glory first.

Move up?! JCC Jr. more than likely weighs more than Ward so how is that Ward moving up?! :huh: And GGG went up to try and fight Chavez, why not get at Ward while he's there? The heaviest Mayweather has come in a fight is, I believe, is 152 and that was for the 154 lb title but yet people want him to fight Sergio, a 160 lb champion when he has never come close to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"