The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

To me he always has. He throws wild punches and his defense is so suspect. He got saved a couple of times because of his knockout power. I forgot the Russian he was fighting but he was losing that fight until he got a brutal KO on the guy.

Oh yeah, thought you meant he'd looked worse recently or something. Maybe he can get some more bums lined up so that he can stay undefeated till the Joshua fight happens.

That 1st body shot with his left was vicious, but don't discount the 2nd right to the body in the same spot. That will finish you. Indongo got really, really careless, started throwing his punches way too wide, dropped his right behind him and Crawford made him pay in the worst possible way.

Garcia better stay the F*** away from this guy. He's too big and is a murderous puncher. I saw Tito Trinidad take someone out with that punch. I have no idea how much it hurts to get hit that hard in the liver and don't want to find out. I've been hit there and it hurts, but nowhere near anything like that.

Crawford can easily move to 147 IMO. I think that's one of the toughest, most glamorous weight divisions in boxing. If you can distinguish yourself there, you've really accomplished something. I'd say the same for 135 and 160. I think those are 3 of the toughest divisions in boxing.

Last edited:
When Crawford faces a mobile guy his own size, then I will believe it. Right now, I just don't. I saw Gamboa hurt him, again, a guy who went up two weight classes to fight him and he fought a flat footed Postol. Again, I just ain't sold on the guy. I honestly don't see him beating Thurman, Spence, Garcia..........either Garcia.

When Crawford faces a mobile guy his own size, then I will believe it. Right now, I just don't. I saw Gamboa hurt him, again, a guy who went up two weight classes to fight him and he fought a flat footed Postol. Again, I just ain't sold on the guy. I honestly don't see him beating Thurman, Spence, Garcia..........either Garcia.

You could be right. I've never seen him really rocked, but this was only the 3rd fight I've seen of his. I wanted to see what would happen if Marriaga (who can punch) really caught Lomo, but that didn't happen. The ability to take and recover from a big shot is a big deal, but it's better to avoid getting hit. :cwink:

I can tell you that Crawford can hit. His punches aren't exceptionally sharp; nothing like Lomo's, but he's bigger and when he hits you, it really hurts.

Crawford is one of those guys who grows into fights. He starts out pretty cold and he is vulnerable. But come the middle rounds, he is like on another level. Also the way he effortlessly switches between conventional and southpaw is ridiculous.

You could be right. I've never seen him really rocked, but this was only the 3rd fight I've seen of his. I wanted to see what would happen if Marriaga (who can punch) really caught Lomo, but that didn't happen. The ability to take and recover from a big shot is a big deal, but it's better to avoid getting hit. :cwink:

I can tell you that Crawford can hit. His punches aren't exceptionally sharp; nothing like Lomo's, but he's bigger and when he hits you, it really hurts.

Look at these highlights and tell me Crawford didn't get rocked a few times. If Thurman or Spence catches him like that........heck either Mikey or Danny catches him like that, he will go down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDc3vKREhfM

Crawford should fight Mikey Garcia at 140 before moving up to Welterweight.

Thurman is all wrong for Crawford. He's a much bigger dude and the power and heavier punches ,don't think Terrance wins that one.

Crawford should fight Mikey Garcia at 140 before moving up to Welterweight.

Thurman is all wrong for Crawford. He's a much bigger dude and the power and heavier punches ,don't think Terrance wins that one.

I agree! Crawford is listening to these people blowing his head up about easily beating Thurman. It would be anything but easy! I'd pick Thurman by KO. Spence as well. And we agree about Mikey at 140, that would be his stiffen challenge and I don't think it would be as easy as people think. Mikey is a pure fundamental boxer and though Crawford has skill,he has not fought a fighter as talented as Garcia. The only one who came close was Gamboa and again,he came up two weight classes and had a year lay off.

Is Paulie Malignaggi being paid to hype up & talk about Mayweather/McGregor?

I swear, every single time I visit any sporting or MMA/Boxing websites for about the past month he's STILL in the headlines droning on about his sparring session(s) with McGregor.. it's like he's done a world tour around every media platform to try & convince everyone that he wasn't knocked down by McGregor in sparring.

For a start, even if he did knock you down, which he did, nobody cares.. it was only a sparring session, let it go for God's sake.

Last edited:
The circus begins!

I have a hard time believing Paulie isn't in on this. He's really tight with Floyd and is a good talker himself. I know Floyd and Connor are friends and they have Paulie in on it just to add a little more hype to it.
And everybody I know is planning on watching the fight. The same people a few weeks ago who swore they were not, now they plan on watching it.

So the circus fight is this weekend.

Shame that Cotto fight ain't getting any viewers this week.

So the circus fight is this weekend.

Shame that Cotto fight ain't getting any viewers this week.

Don't hate! Everyone that was saying they wasn't watching that fight.......most will. Most of the people I know was on that train but now they have really softened their tone.

How does that make it less of a circus fight? :funny:

Yeah Doc as DS said still a circus fight. Yes I know a lot more people are talking about it now because it's fight week. In all honesty I will watch it too, so call me a hypocrite if you will.:oldrazz:

Yeah Doc as DS said still a circus fight. Yes I know a lot more people are talking about it now because it's fight week. In all honesty I will watch it too, so call me a hypocrite if you will.:oldrazz:

Yes............I will call you a hypocrit! :sly: I told you from the jump I'm watching that fight, no ifs, and's or but's! I'm inviting friends over and will have a ball. Do I think it's going 12 rounds? No but I do hope it's entertaining. Plus it's about getting together with friends.

Last edited:
Got an invite to go see that Mayweather/McGregor at AMC via that Fathom Events thing. Hopefully it actually lasts longer than a minute.

Got an invite to go see that Mayweather/McGregor at AMC via that Fathom Events thing. Hopefully it actually lasts longer than a minute.

I forgot that it's going to be at AMC. This thing is going to be huge!

I value my life way too much to go to that. :funny:

This is what they're fighting for.

3,360 diamonds
600 sapphires
300 emeralds
1.5kg of gold

A look at the new WBC 'Money Belt' http://bbc.in/2w5KGaF

DH-VtR4XUAAmDze.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics