The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took them quite a while to call it off.

Was really looking forward to that fight but not going to lie, with it being in Russia, Wilder would have to have fought the fight of his life. I can't believe there are people online blaming Wilder and Al Haymon for this. :huh:

Why? Povetkin is the one who failed a mandatory drugs test.

Exactly but go to numerous boxing websites and look in the comment section. It's crazy how Haymon is blamed for everything. :huh: He's the new Obama!

The vast majority of boxing fans are idiots. They are super tribal and it influences all the crap they say.

So the "Middleweight King" Canelo Alvarez is vacating his belt so he doesn't have to face Golovkin.

So the "Middleweight King" Canelo Alvarez is vacating his belt so he doesn't have to face Golovkin.

That remains to be seen.

At the moment, Canelo and his camp are claiming they've relinquished the belt so that the pressure of the WBC deadline doesn't give GGG's camp an advantage at the negotiating table. That makes sense because the sanctioning body belts are mere baubles to prizefighters with Canelo's level of fame.

If they don't fight in September, then we can say Canelo ran. Until then, it seems the fight is still being negotiated, and now that the WBC deadline isn't hanging over the proceedings, the Canelo camp can dictate all the terms. There has been a statement released on Canelo's website. If you can read Spanish, go check it out.

Oh come off it. He want's no part of Golovkin. Don't be gullible to fall for their lines my friend. Golovkin would be his first true 160lb'er. Instead of fighting blown up LWW/WW.

I don't think it's Canelo, but Dela Hoya. They think he has no chance against GGG. Due to Canelo's past track history, I seriously doubt he's afraid of him. This is definitely his team.

Oh come off it. He want's no part of Golovkin. Don't be gullible to fall for their lines my friend. Golovkin would be his first true 160lb'er. Instead of fighting blown up LWW/WW.

You're speculating. I came across Dan Rafael's ESPN story on the matter, and it translates much of Canelo's press release well. Come talk to me in a few months. That's when we'll actually know something one way or the other. Until then, feel free to continue complaining.

I don't think it's Canelo, but Dela Hoya. They think he has no chance against GGG. Due to Canelo's past track history, I seriously doubt he's afraid of him. This is definitely his team.

I think you're right. Anyone with any sense can see this. Oscar was wary of Trout and Lara, too, and both those fights happened. For better or worse, boxing has become a business first and foremost. And sometimes the stars align. Luckily for the fans, the most money to be made for Golden Boy right now is in Canelo vs. Golovkin.

You're speculating. I came across Dan Rafael's ESPN story on the matter, and it translates much of Canelo's press release well. Come talk to me in a few months. That's when we'll actually know something one way or the other. Until then, feel free to continue complaining.

Of course I'm speculating. He or his team don't want to fight legit Middleweights. All this catchweight stuff is nonsense. Either you're a champion Middleweight or you're not. :funny:

Apparently, the weight is not an issue. Canelo said so himself in his last post-fight interview, and his handlers echoed his statements in the ESPN article. The contractual details that still need to be ironed out are location and (surprise) money.

Like I said, we'll see.

I actually think Canelo maybe telling the truth here. The problem with the sanctioning body, is they were going to put the fight up to a purse bid. But if they don't make this fight, it is 100% Canelo's fault. He said he wants to fight, that he doesn't care how, just to have it. He doesn't have the Oscar excuse anymore. If he lets Oscar scupper it, it is Canelo's fault.

I think Canelo can go over Oscar's head but doubt he will because he does have a contract he has to honor. Again, I don't think Canelo is afraid of GGG at all but his promoters are they are the one's holding this fight back. I do think Canelo wants the fight and it's why he called him in the ring after the fight.

I actually think Canelo maybe telling the truth here. The problem with the sanctioning body, is they were going to put the fight up to a purse bid. But if they don't make this fight, it is 100% Canelo's fault. He said he wants to fight, that he doesn't care how, just to have it. He doesn't have the Oscar excuse anymore. If he lets Oscar scupper it, it is Canelo's fault.

This.

Boxer and actor Tony 'Bomber' Bellew ('Pretty' Ricky Conlan in Creed) is fighting Ilunga Makabu for the vacant WBC cruiserweight title at Goodison Park Stadium this Sunday.

Bellew won in the 3rd.

Last time I saw Bellew, he looked awful in a rematch against a Nathan Cleverly that looked even worst; I thought he was going to get destroyed by Makabu. Good for him getting a good win on Sunday.

That left hook was brutal; Makabu was knocked out instantaneously.

He's certainly got the power. Other than that I don't know. Many boxers wouldn't get hit by those shots in the first place. He wants to take on David Haye next. Even though Haye has been away for so long and probably not that sharp I think he'd destroy Bellew.

If they did fight, I agree that David Haye would beat Bellew fairly easily. However, I think Haye is too busy pursuing the Joshua fight to bother with Tony Bellew.

Probably. Although he's been responding to getting called out by Bellew. He might just want to shut him up lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"