• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official UFC Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but he has learned from that loss imo and currently trains with phil

anderson silva's camp just turned down chris weidman fight

Yup, MMA will soon end up like boxing.

62554410151109323579382.jpg

nice shirt Dana :awesome:

I understand Anderson Silva's stance but don't agree with it. Sounds like he wants to wait out the GSP/Condit fight. Dang.

Weidman is a good fighter, but can anyone actually see him beating Anderson?! I'm a fan of Weidman, but anyone currently in the MW division waiting for a title fight needs to wait until Anderson retires. But if I was Anderson, I would've taken the fight. Just continue to build that number of title defenses up.

It doesn't matter if he can beat him or not. If Weidman is next, he's next. That's how it works.

If he thinks the competition is weak, move up a height class, if not **** and fight....or retire.

It doesn't matter if he can beat him or not. If Weidman is next, he's next. That's how it works.

If he thinks the competition is weak, move up a height class, if not **** and fight....or retire.

Hey man, I agree. But it looks like Anderson is calling the shots. Dana shouldn't let fighters or champions pick who they want to fight. They need to line fights up and these so called professionals need to take them.

Hey man, I agree. But it looks like Anderson is calling the shots. Dana shouldn't let fighters or champions pick who they want to fight. They need to line fights up and these so called professionals need to take them.

Why do you think dana released that he declined the fight?

Weidman shouldn't be the next fight for Silva. Put simply, he hasn't beat/fought enough 'name' fighters.

He fought Munoz & looked great, finishing him superbly. Fight previous to that, he looked like **** against Maia, fair enough he took the fight on real short notice & still somehow managed to get a win, however for me that wasn't an impressive performance.. maybe impressive to Dana White because he got him out of a jam, but not to me as a viewer.

Personally, my feeling is if Bisping can get a convincing enough win over Stann he should get the next shot at Silva. If he can't, then I'd stick Weidmann & Boetsch in a fight with the winner fighting Silva.

Belcher could/should be in with a should ahead of Weidman in my opinion if he can beat Belfort.

Whoever wins most impressively tonight gets to be
mauled by Bones. Cool.

Weidman hasn't done enough yet. He needs one more W over a big name 1st

Why do you think dana released that he declined the fight?

Dana didn't release it, he confirmed it after Silva's manager made comments to a Brazilian magazine in an interview that pretty much said that the fight with Weidman didn't make sense because he hadn't got enough 'top level' fights under his belt in comparison with Silva. At least that's the story as far as I've read anyway.

He (Silva's manager) did say thought that it was up to the UFC so I suspect that Silva expressed interest that he'd rather fight GSP in a superfight than take a fight with someone who arguably isn't ready & the UFC are content with that since there are really no stand out challengers for Silva at the moment. Letting Silva sit & wait for GSP after he whoops Condit will hopefully bring some clarity as to who should be the next challenger.

Whoever wins most impressively tonight gets to be
mauled by Bones. Cool.

Shogun rematch would nice as Shogun didn't give a great account of himself the first time round. He was only coming back after 11 months on the shelf due to injury, came into the fight looking softer than usual.

He looked gassed as well about half way through the first round & was like a punching bag for Jones the remainder of the fight.

On paper anyway Rua sounds nice if he can get those leg kicks going on Jones as he has some thin ass legs for a LHW.

In exactly one week, Ben Henderson will defend his title against Frankie Edgar.

You know, I could trash talk the main event and comment as to how a certain someone in it looked sloppy as ****, but instead I'll give Vera credit for putting it all way, way, way the **** out there.

Oh wait, I think I kind of did, anyway.

Shogun rematch would nice as Shogun didn't give a great account of himself the first time round. He was only coming back after 11 months on the shelf due to injury, came into the fight looking softer than usual.

He looked gassed as well about half way through the first round & was like a punching bag for Jones the remainder of the fight.

On paper anyway Rua sounds nice if he can get those leg kicks going on Jones as he has some thin ass legs for a LHW.
He does. Reminds me or this guy from mythology called the foot washer. Using leg kicks could also make it easier for Bones to take him down tho. I think Shogun deserved to get the shot more than Machida. Bader is kind of a bum. Tito finished him(& did it faster than Machida)

Very nice card I thought personally, it sickens me that Machida is 2-3 in his last 5 fights & currently on a 1 fight winning streak & will get a 2nd title shot in those last 5 fights after being so convincingly beaten by Jones the first time.. but at the same time I'd rather him than Shogun based upon tonights performances.

In my opinion Shogun needs to get himself a new strength & conditioning coach & a nutritionist or at least someone that knows what he should be eating & he should consider a move to 185. In the weigh ins he looked very fresh & fit despite not being ripped up as with most fighters, however tonight again he tired really, really quickly just as he did against Henderson. Wasn't as enjoying this time round as we've seen it before, first time with Hendo was nice but the 2nd time makes him look vunerable & in some ways amateur that he can look so exhausted after 2 rounds.

Mike Swick's return & finish was superb, caught he leg & had the right hand already coming down on Johnson's face before he'd even hit the ground. Very nice. :up:

Lauzon vs Varner was a great fight as well, very back & forth.. it was back & forth between 2 guys in shape, the Main Event was back & forth between 2 guys that aren't in the best shape in my opinion.

All very good fights on the main card I felt.

GREAT NIGHT OF FIGHTS!

I'm glad Shogun has one hell of a chin! He gassed quick and I got worried, glad he pulled through.

Man, my heart was beating all crazy during the Machida fight. He's one of my all time favorites, and I'm glad he got the win! Woo!

Also, Joe Lauzon! Been a fan of his ever since he was on TUF. He and Varner were in a complete WAR!

I gotta give it up to all the fighters on this card. Simply amazing.

He does. Reminds me or this guy from mythology called the foot washer. Using leg kicks could also make it easier for Bones to take him down tho. I think Shogun deserved to get the shot more than Machida. Bader is kind of a bum. Tito finished him(& did it faster than Machida)

If Rua is in shape he seems to have a good all round game, the only thing is the last time I saw him fight a good fight(s) was against Machida both times.

It irritates me highly that Bader has a W over Rampage. I don't really rate Bader that highly, his wrestling isn't that impressive nor is his striking. He has a heavy right hand & that's about it. If Rampage hadn't been injured & come in heavy/out of shape for that fight I don't think Bader would have taken him down once.

Bader/Davis next for me. What happened in Davis's fight I didn't see it but I read it was a NC.

It was a good event. The first two fights were damn insane. Swick tagged Johnson hard as hell, but somehow he survived and almost finished it in the first. Then Swick just dumped him and did him dirty. That would easily be FOTN if Varner and Lauzon didn't have a great fight. Man that was just awesome!

Machida just owned Bader. Nobody can really fight him at distance unless you've got a sick chin or you're Jon Jones with freakish reach. I think Jones would beat him again if he is still champ, but if Hendo wins I think he'll pick him a part. It was kinda funny how Bader seemed to give into the boos. It's like he just said, "Boo me?! **** it I'll show....:sleepy:"

Both Shogun and Vera looked bad. The fight was entertaining, but both guys gassed after the first round. Not that it wasn't surprising though considering that Shogun's never had good cardio while Vera got tore up pretty bad in the second. This should have been a better opponent for Shogun though. No way in hell did he deserve the shot before Vera, and having this type of performance against Vera of all people doesn't look good for him. He's really gotta work on his cardio to stay in the elite of the division. It worked for him in the past, but he can't get away with that anymore when a lot of wrestlers are at the top of the division that can easily gas him out early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"