Official UFC Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but Bisping didn't win that last round, and what I saw, it was tied going into the fifth I'll give Bisping props for coming to fight though. He pushed, and maybe it was heart that got him the win. So I guess you can say Silva should've laid it on him and not left it up to the judges. He was hesitant.

Yeah, the decision may have come down to a matter of "heart" while Bisping did a lot of moving forward Silva did a lot of showboating, and it cost him (as it should). If anything it sends the message that if you're going to showboat you better back it up with a KO, submission or emphatic beatdown.

The truth is that MB took Silva's best shots, went down a couple of times but got back up and kept going - which says a lot about him, but also about how far Silva has fallen off his top form. Back in the day, that knee would have put MB , or any other opponent, down for the count and they wouldn't be getting up for a while - also, Bisping was able to talk reasonably sensibly at the end of the match, he was probably concussed but four years ago a Silva knee like that would have sent him to hospital, he wouldn't have been saying anything !

If we put some value on initiating action (although not being able to land many convincing strikes) and sheer guts, then I don't think we should feel too bad about Bisping's win.

Maybe it is time for Spider to hang up the gloves, I'm more sad than anything that he hasn't learned his lesson from his first battle with Weidman, in which showboating obviously lead to his demise.

It's sad to see a guy who is arguably the best ever, drop his game so much.

I think if he had taken the fight seriously and attacked MB the same way he attacked Rich Franklin then it would have only been a 2 round fight, max.

Silva only has himself to blame. He could've finished Bisping.

I just don't get what the gameplan was for Silva. Constantly throwing that elbow. I think he was literally trying to recreate that moment they showed at the start of the show where he knocked that dude out with a back elbow. He just never seemed to truly turn it on. The last two fighters he fought weren't known for knocking people out so I don't get the hesitation in either fight. Moreso in this one than the Diaz fight. Bisping dropping him twice should make Silva want to retire. I'm Silva, I'm calling it a day. It seemed like every time Silva touched him, Bisping bled. Now the same happens to GSP. He'd dominate a guy for five rounds with ease, but if he got hit in the face more than five times, he looked like Rocky.

"I just want a 'thank you'... Dance for me Nate. And don't look me in the eye when you dance..." - The Notorious

I love this man. McGregor vs. RDA is the best fight the UFC has in my opinion. Two titles, and stylistically a hellacious matchup for McGregor. Should, no doubt, be the fight at 200, assuming he handles Diaz.

Ooohhhh these 2 press conferences have got me pretty hyped up to see this fight, I hope it delivers.

I think Diaz's best chance of victory is to try and get McGregor on the ground, I think if he tries to stand with Conor he'll use his vastly more varied striking tools to pick Nate apart. Going for McGregor via TKO inside 3 rounds, I think he'll hurt him with some sort of 'spinning ****'.

[YT]eTzhVVIjLCE[/YT]

:applaud

Not a fan of Mcgregor, but I found out he signs autographs for the fans, even the E-Bayers. Respect.

I'm thinking McGregor is going to work his way from the legs to the body then finish him with some shots to the head before the referee steps in. I'd like to be shocked.

12828957_10206304787126467_7731846607294771415_o.jpg

I respect this troll.

Meisha Tate finally gets her championship. Very good fight, with a fantastic finish. I am so happy right now. :woot:

Meisha toughness, ability to take a shot, move on her feet, stay patient and just stick around paid off again. This was a classic Meisha performance. Both women should be proud of that performance.

Both girls should be proud of that. Holly didn't tap out either, true guts.

Both girls should be proud of that. Holly didn't tap out either, true guts.
They really should be. Best Women's MMA fight I have seen, and I have seen quite a bit.

That ending was a like a pro wrestling finish. The way Meisha held on when Holly tried to flip her. Holly refusing to tap. Crazy finish.

I've always liked Meisha......my favorite female fighter.

They really should be. Best Women's MMA fight I have seen, and I have seen quite a bit.

That ending was a like a pro wrestling finish. The way Meisha held on when Holly tried to flip her. Holly refusing to tap. Crazy finish.

I genuinely thought Holly's strength would get her out of that but full credit to Meisha for hanging on. She was never going to win the striking game so she bid her time, lost a couple of rounds then pounced when an opening presented itself. I still think Holm wins in a rematch against Rousey, I don't think Ronda has the patience to do what Meisha did. But I do think Tate is a better matched opponent with Holm, it's clearly a for more even contest despite being two different styles.

I genuinely thought Holly's strength would get her out of that but full credit to Meisha for hanging on. She was never going to win the striking game so she bid her time, lost a couple of rounds then pounced when an opening presented itself. I still think Holm wins in a rematch against Rousey, I don't think Ronda has the patience to do what Meisha did. But I do think Tate is a better matched opponent with Holm, it's clearly a for more even contest despite being two different styles.
Styles make fights. Rousey couldn't do what Meisha did to Holm tonight, but Meisha can't really do what she did tonight to Rousey.

In their last fight, Meisha was having some success on the feet with Rousey, but kept trying to take her down for some reason. I'd like her to try and keep it standing if they fight again. See what she can do.

Styles make fights. Rousey couldn't do what Meisha did to Holm tonight, but Meisha can't really do what she did tonight to Rousey.

In their last fight, Meisha was having some success on the feet with Rousey, but kept trying to take her down for some reason. I'd like her to try and keep it standing if they fight again. See what she can do.

Miesha will have a better game plan if/when she fights Ronda again because of how easily Ronda went down to Holm. If Ronda is fighting Holm I'm willing to bet Ronda works on her striking, however if she fighting Meisha next I'm willing to be she doesn't, that's going to give Tate a big tactical advantage, she knows knows how to beat Ronda thanks to Holly Holm. It's going to be interesting to see what happens next, I'm not quite sure who should be fighting who right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"