Official UFC Thread - Part 8

All the Rousey Fans are saying, Herb Dean stopped that fight too quickly. If he didn't stop it, Rhonda would have recovered and catch Nunes with an arm bar in later rounds.

C'mon people!! I cant even believe Rhonda was favored by Vegas which means alot of people were actually betting on Rhonda.

The biggest sign that this 1st Rd. TKO was inevitable was when Rhonda disappeared from public for a year contemplating suicide. She is MENTALLY weak. A real bully. When she was on top, she was literally calling out men to fight. But when she lost, she doesn't even talk to the media. Everyone loses but they face up and talk to the media....but not her.

Nunes vs. Cyborg!!! Or if Holm demolishes her opponent then Holm vs. Nunes.

:up: Exactly.

Time for Rousey to retire. Make movies, do WWE. Only going to hurt her credibility worse if she continues to fight. Pretty hard to envision her trying to make another comeback. Same straight ahead approach that got her knocked out last year.

So who does Nunes fight next?

Also Rousey to WWE is a bad idea.

Last edited:
Ronda walking away straight after the fight doesn't surprise me.

She's been ungracious in both victory and defeat. Like the time when she beat Miesha Tate and refused to shake Miesha's hand after the fight instead storming off like a child.

When Meisha lost to Raquel Pennington, she was gracious in defeat and officially retired.

Ronda Rousey, the fighter, was such an unlikable POS. You don't get to be like that when you lose. All she had to do was be gracious in her two losses. Years of building this rep and being marketed as the most dangerous woman on Earth and you show your true colors when things don't go your way.

I can respect a Cleveland Brown linebacker as an athlete. I can't respect someone like Ronda Rousey. All she had to do was be gracious. Blows my f***ing mind.

Last edited:
rb9lifltrokwnjwn8rsk.gif

Dam you Herb Dean for stopping that too quickly!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

rousey fan but i must admit nunes can throw hands
Damn son

Random story: my buddy goes to law school in Milwaukee and goes to the same gym as Woodley. Having done some light sparring with him, he says Woodley isn't as big as he appears and wouldn't have a significant size advantage on Mcgregor. He definitely thinks Mcgregor has a very good chance against him at WW.

Random story: my buddy goes to law school in Milwaukee and goes to the same gym as Woodley. Having done some light sparring with him, he says Woodley isn't as big as he appears and wouldn't have a significant size advantage on Mcgregor. He definitely thinks Mcgregor has a very good chance against him at WW.

McGregor had the punchers chance but he isn't great against wrestlers. That's a bad matchup for McGregor.

His tdd has improved in the last two fights and has the punching power to keep Woodley at bay. McGregor might not be the favorite, put I wouldn't be surprised if he knocked Woodley out.

His tdd has improved in the last two fights and has the punching power to keep Woodley at bay. McGregor might not be the favorite, put I wouldn't be surprised if he knocked Woodley out.

I don't think Woodley would trade with him, he would rush him, go for takedowns, and ground and pound. Why stray from what works.

Don't know why people want Ronda to do movies. She's a terrible actor. But yeah, she needs to retire. Loved Nunes' post fight comments.

Can't wait to see Garbrandt/Killashaw.

Dam you Herb Dean for stopping that too quickly!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but I actually think he did stop it a little too soon. I realise Ronda was getting pasted, lit up & was badly hurt.. but that being said "usually" I don't like standing stoppages like that. Fighter hadn't went down, I like to see the referee give people more of an attempt to recover.

I appreciate that the referee isn't just in there to make sure everything's fair, but also fighter safety as sometimes fighters need saved from themselves, but in this particular instance, I'd have liked to have seen it been allowed to go another 5-10 seconds.

The reality is Herb Dean probably did save Ronda from further punishment or getting KO'd completely, but still, I'd still have liked for him to let the fight run another 5-10 seconds.

Rousey was not intelligently defending herself, and she was eating nasty shots. In MMA, you don't have to be flat on your back for the fight to be stopped, and I think the sport is the better for it. Even if you aren't knocked out, the fight can still be stopped. IMHO, that's the way it should be. There's no standing 10 count.

Yeah if you are standing and are incapable of defending yourself, it is no different then being on your back in the same manner.

It's the case in boxing as well you don't need to be on your ass to be beat, if you aren't 'intelligently defending' yourself, which in itself is open to debate, a fight can still be waived off from a referee if you thinks you are taking too much punishment, are static & are finished.

My point is while I don't disagree with the stoppage as Ronda took 3 or 4 hard punches square on the jaw & the reality is stopping it probably prevented her from taking another 3 or 4 hard punches, but I do think they could have let it run 5-10 seconds longer to afford her every chance to survive.

I don't disagree with what either of you have said.

Yeah but those 5-10 extra seconds could mean more risk to brain damage and dementia down the line.

lol at Garbrandt calling for Aldo or McGregor title shots for his next fight. Kid was impressive but is getting way ahead of himself.

Young fighters want to make money. I get it. They have a short window in which they can make as much money they can out of this sport.

But I mean, fighters always sort of call for these super fights that sort of never materialize. They do it when there's a line of contenders you have to beat.

The whole super-fight thing, well generally fans are only interested in fabled super-fights if you toppled an entire division.

People wanted Rousey vs. Cyborg because at the time Cyborg seemed to be the only woman who could give Rousey a competitive fight OR potentially crush Rousey. But that's mainly because she's gigantic and a PED user. But then women suddenly started beating Ronda Rousey.

Anderson Silva was nigh unbeatable for almost seven years. Then Chris Weidman comes along and stops him. This was when Silva still looked to be at the top of his game and not slowing down at all.

Fedor? Same thing.

Garbrandt has his next opponent. It's TJ Dillashaw. After that, it's a probable rematch with Dominick Cruz. Then there's up and coming prospects such as Jimmie Rivera. There are guys like Aljamain Sterling. There are some strong future contenders at bantamweight. Garbrandt is going to be busy with his weight class for a while.

Todd Grisham is Mike Goldberg's replacement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"