My picks for UFC 175 (winners in bold):

Weidman - Lyoto
Rousey - Davis
Struve - Mitrione
Uriah - Santos
Brimage - Doane

& If it had of happened

Sonnen - Wanderlei

Why the hell is Barao getting a rematch with Dillashaw?

Why the hell is Barao getting a rematch with Dillashaw?

Because rematches are the in thing. I don't get it at all. T.J. beat his ass for 5 rounds before putting him away. I'm a Barao fan, but that shot should go to Assuncauo.

My picks for UFC 175 (winners in bold):

Weidman - Lyoto
Rousey - Davis
Struve - Mitrione
Uriah - Santos
Brimage - Doane

& If it had of happened

Sonnen - Wanderlei

Really, you think Machida will take down Weidman? Stand up wise, I think that Weidman's forward pressure and strength will be too much. Machida's elusive and has great strikes, but it's been a while. I think at present Weidman's got the power to stand and trade with Machida, and if it goes to ground, he's got the wrestling to handle Machida's BJJ.

I think Machida could upset Weidman, but it would take Weidman to make a mistake, and frankly I think the current champ is too composed and level headed for that. It might go the distance, but at the end I expect to see Weidman walk away with it.

Rousey v Davis. Rhonda Rousey is not invincible, nobody is both GSP and Anderson Silva found that out when they underestimated opponents. However, I don't think Rousey has underestimated Davis. While Davis has the skills to either stand and strike with Rousey, or take it to the mat, Rhonda has that "X" factor that she seems to be able to pull the armbar off from anywhere.
I think Rousey will be beaten one day, but I think she's still on the way up, or perhaps is at her peak now. As such, I can't see Davis beating her. It would take somebody with the same kind of freaky talent as Rousey OR................... Rousey to beat herself.

What I mean by this is, that Rousey is rarely pushed. If Davis can protect herself and relentlessly grind away at Rousey for the the distance, maybe, just maybe she can grind out a win -because Rousey will gas out and effectively give up.

Of course, how likely is that ? It would be great to see someone really push Rousey, and find out what she's made of, but I'm not sure if Alexis Davis is that person. Hopefuly she won't be another Sarah McMann, who looked amazing on paper, but didn't have what it took to trade blows with RR.

Can't wait to see the fight. I think Davis has a much better chance than Miesha Tate did, but I still don't think she'll beat Rousey this weekend.

As for Sonnen v Silva....man that would be fun to watch, the Axe murderer and the steroid machine...um, I mean Chael Sonnen.

Have to say that I reckon Silva would pull that one out. The guy's a caveman
. I remember watching Cung Le batter him, until he ran out of gas, and then Silva came back and smashed Le.
Just my opinion though.

Brimage was seriously wearing a DBZ scouter at the weigh-ins hahaha.

Brimage was seriously wearing a DBZ scouter at the weigh-ins hahaha.

The dude is a trip. He was one of the most entertaining guys on that season of TUF that he debuted on.

[YT]54S3hTx09-I[/YT]

^Haha, good sense of humor on that guy.

I was hoping Bruce Leroy would win tonight, even though he was a pain in the ass during his TUF season.

Brimage got robbed. 30-27? **** son.

Brimage got robbed. 30-27? **** son.

Exactly! How the freak did the judge get that decision. I give Doane the first round but after that clearly Brimage won. I can't believe the crowd didn't boo but then again, they probably didn't care. Good win by Uriah Hall though.

Round 3 was clearly a Brimage round, those judges blind.

Hall's win was pretty crazy, I got mad respect for that dude.

Brimage was the more effective fighter, and the judges just messed it up. I'm not one of those MMA fans who call everything a robbery when the grappler wins, but it was pretty clear that the striking was much more effective than the grappling in the last two rounds.

Rousey will win, but I wouldn't mind seeing an upset

lol I don't know if she got knocked out by the throw, those punches on the ground, or a combination of both.

859326298.gif

Rousey winning=:whatever:

Her fighting Davis is like Superman fighting JJJ!

Machidi in 2 rounds.

edit: darn you Machidi for not winning in two rounds but I still believe you will win though.

Last edited:
Enter the cyborg

WMMA needs her in the UFC fighting against Ronda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"