• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys heard about this letting pros box at the Olympics thing?

I can't believe they're actually doing it. It's a terrible decision, imo.

Is it confirmed or just a suggestion/work in progress? Sounds like a crazy change so late in the day with all this tradition.

They've been talking about it for a few months now, but I didn't think it would actually happen. I'm pretty sure it's official.

Can't speak for other countries obviously, but as far as America is concerned, a lot of boxers haven't taken the Olympic route lately as it is.

I still don't like it, I think it robs the amateurs of a real chance depending on the pros participating, but a lot of the new breed in the States don't look at the Olympics as a rite of passage like older generations did. I wouldn't mind seeing some of our greats participate, I would love that, but I can't see that happening either...

[YT]lk3fAYpSVfk[/YT]

[YT]G3dquMQKyms[/YT]

[YT]Z3Y6lOgp9h0[/YT]

[YT]EYoh62jUFpk[/YT]

wYHGsRi.gif

uKEuLhx.jpg

Aloha,
A true inspiration to my generation and to me personally. May he rest in peace.
Spidey rules but Ali is still the Greatest

RIP "THE GREATEST".

Float like a butterfly. Sting like a bee, The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see.

CkFKsVCXEAArWBD.jpg

Got this poster from a friend 10 years ago, always an inspiration and symbol not just for athletes but for people across the world. Particularly for black men, he was the best of us. Simply the greatest...

RIP. :csad: Great boxer, great man.

Watch this, HBO did a feature.

Muhammad Ali: In Memoriam

[YT]watch?v=ThJbZR8M9a0[/YT]

RIP
The greatest to ever do it.

Fight of the year, possible decade happened Saturday night. Nobody's talking about it. Sad.

I don't understand why HBO and Showtime have to have matches on the same night. :huh: What about those weekends when no fights are scheduled? Especially with HBO's budget issues.

Much respect to Andre Ward. I was hard on him when I felt he abandoned his craft to spite Dan Goossen, so let me be fair and applaud him now. I can't wait for that light heavyweight showdown.

Canelo is officially a pu$$y. Putting off the fight til fall 2017, praying GGG loses before then.

Ward has the opportunity to show, what I believe, is the chasm between him and Kovalev. No disrespect at all, Kovalev is to be taken very serious and could absolutely win the fight.

I just don't believe it'll happen. Ward has too many tools, his sharpest possibly being his inside ability. Kovalev is used to guys running from him, or keeping distance. I think Andre will do what he always does, no matter who it is, and that's to methodically get inside, make it ugly & break him down.

Kovalev has very good foot work and knows how measure distance. He also hits a lot harder the Ward, who looked slow as heck in his last fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"