The Official Fantasy Football advice thread. - Part 1

I figured I would create this thread , so we could help one another spew advice to each othe about which players we should or shouldnt be starting. Right now Im deciding who to start at runningback between Chris Johnson , Deangelo Williams and Marshawn Lynch . Im currently leaning towards Chris Johnson since he is facing a pathetic bengals Defense and Marshawn Lynch since he is a lock to see the ball 20+ times.

Best/Johnson for:

Matt Ryan/Mike Wallace/Moreno?

:up: or :down:

Best/Johnson for:

Matt Ryan/Mike Wallace/Moreno?

:up: or :down:

Up,I really like Ryan this year with the addition of Julio Jones,think he can finish the season as a top 5 QB.

I agree with kaleb. A big thumbs up. I am really digging Ryan this year, plus you have to love Wallace and his stretch the field ability.

Roddy White. He is money this year. He is consistant. Played in every game the last 6 years and has had 10 TD's in the last two seasons. With Julio Jones on the other side, it may give him better looks.

Will do! My three keepers this year are gonna be Matt schaub, lesean McCoy, and roddy white!

That's a really nice group of keepers. :up:

Joined a random Yahoo league and drafted this team:

QB
Matt Ryan
Mark Sanchez

WR
Andre Johnson
Mike Williams (TB)
Dez Bryant
Deion Branch

RB
Ray Rice
Darren McFadden
Deangelo Williams
Danny Woodhead

TE
Antonio Gates
Brandon Pettigrew
Owen Daniels

K
David Akers

Def
Baltimore

What format is your league CC? You might want to look into beefing up your RB stable. Maybe package Daniels and one of your RB's not named Rice for a trade. Everything else looks solid. :up:

For the most part, I'm pleased with the lineup I have in the NFL.com fantasy league I'm involved in. Only question mark is my TE spot. I've got Todd Heap as a starter and Dustin Keller as my backup. I'm not a 100% sure on which one to go with for the first week. Both are solid TEs, it's just the two guys throwing them the ball that's the problem. I'm still not all the way sold on Kolb as a starter, and Sanchez seems to prefer throwing it to the wideouts over a TE.

What format is your league CC? You might want to look into beefing up your RB stable. Maybe package Daniels and one of your RB's not named Rice for a trade. Everything else looks solid. :up:

i'll have to check into that when i get home. yahoo is blocked here.

i've got a trade on the table including Daniels and someone else (forget who) right now so hopefully that person will go with it.

oh btw its a 1 qb, 3 wr, 2 rb, 1 te setup

I wish more leagues would use WR/TE flex players instead of simple WR.

Alright, me and my friends made a yahoo league this year but some cash. Thing is, it's only 6 teams. We had a in person draft the other night. Head to head fractional points.

QBs: Brady, Rivers (two QB slots)
RB: Jones-Drew, Blount
WR: Andre Johnson, Larry Fitz, Colston
TE: Dallas Clark
K: Mark Bryant
DEF: Steelers
D: Jerod Mayo
D: James Harrison
BN: Pat's Defense, Felix Jones, Sam Bradford, Brandon Pettigrew, Jeremy Maclin

I'm sorta confident in my team but I'm so-so on my running backs. Thoughts?

hey I need to know if my teams ok...I joined a league just to practice drafting for my serious keeper league...Is this team ok? I had 7th pick
Its a standard espn league...10 teams...starting lineup 1qb 2 rb 1rb/wr 2wr 1te 1k 1def

QB Matt Ryan
RB J. Charles, M. Turner
RB/WR J. Best
WR M. Wallace, D. Jackson
TE Greg Olsen
K Vinateri
DEF Ravens

--
Bench
QB Stafford
RB S. Greene, T. Hightower, M. Barber, J. Ringer (joke pick)
WR C. Ochocinco, Sims-Walker

Tons of TE's didnt get drafted so I'll probably drop Ringer

You have a pretty solid team for a 10 team league. Not too sure about Hightower and Olson but I'm sure you can do something about that.

Olsen is a TE to target this year. He's a playmaker at the position and the offense is built to allow TE's to thrive - plus young QB's use TEs as security blankets.

Hightower is a high reward pick, but also consider his backup Roy Helu. Hightower has a history of fumbleitis and Helu has looked great in the preseason.

My real keeper team (10 team league)
3 keepers for each team...mine was schaub, mccoy, and r.white
the best rbs in the draft were rice, mendenhall, gore...i got rice
i know my wr position isnt strong but do you think my team will be ok? i was last place last year...(i had first pick this year)

QB Matt Schaub, Hou
RB LeSean McCoy, Phi
RB Ray Rice, Bal
WR Roddy White, Atl
WR Jeremy Maclin, Phi
WR Mike Williams, TB
TE Rob Gronkowski, NE
D/ST Bears
K Adam Vinatieri, Ind
BENCH

Bench Beanie Wells, Ari
Bench Mike Sims-Walker, StL
Bench Mike Tolbert, SD
Bench Kyle Orton, Den
Bench James Starks, GB
Bench Donald Driver, GB
Bench Brandon Jacobs, NYG

So I got some advice the other day on my one league now I need advice on my big money PPR format league

Philip Rivers, SD QB
Ray Rice, Bal RB
Matt Forte, Chi RB
Tim Hightower, Wsh RB
Santonio Holmes, NYJ WR
Brandon Lloyd, Den WR
Jimmy Graham, NO TE
Bears D/ST D/ST
Billy Cundiff, Bal K
Chargers Coach HC

Bench
Pierre Garcon, Ind WR
Michael Bush, Oak RB
Lee Evans, Bal WR
Mike Sims-Walker, StL WR
Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buf QB
Bernard Berrian, Min WR
Arrelious Benn, TB WR

you have great PPR RB's but your WR corps stinks, and that's being kind.

Also what the hell is a "Coach HC" position? :confused:

you have great PPR RB's but your WR corps stinks, and that's being kind.

Also what the hell is a "Coach HC" position? :confused:

Its cool I need advice anyway I can get it. Im praying lloyd and bowe do atleast 1200 yards each and maybe 7 td's. The head coach thing is something new we tried. the most points a hc can get for a win 3 and the they can cost you at most 3 points a lose. We had too many ties last year and nothing to break the ties. Im thinking if one of my lower tier RB's do great i might sell high around week 5 for a WR.

If just 2-3 of my wr's can step up Ill be happy.

I like Holmes, Evans and Sims-Walker, and I think Lloyd shouldn't have much of a drop off from last year.

I would suggest looking for a WR like Antonio Brown, Greg Little or Cecil Shorts. Little and Shorts aren't likely to bring much early on, but could develop into top WR's for their teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"