The Official Man of Steel Blu Ray Thread

I'm sure there is a lot of cut footage that could possibly see it's way out of the WB vault one day

I was kind of hoping that one of the special features was the screen test, with Cavill wearing the Reeves costume.
I hope they release that someday.
That would be priceless.

I don't think I want to see him in the Reeve costume. I already have a hard time believing they didn't deliberately CGI Reeve's face in the World Engine scene. Seeing Cavill in the Reeve costume might blow my mind. Just give me an extended 3 hour edition.
(TAKE MY MONEY WB!!!)
cosigned

FCFTGQJKGG4K

UV code for MoS.

First come first served (USA only) :)

Got this for christmas.:up: I had no idea the cape was cg! :eek:

Watched the extras,don't get why there's a dic on Peter Jackson and the Hobbit though.

But anyway the extras were awesome, just wish there was more and where the hell is a commentary?

Well... I got the blu-ray for Christmas and I have to say, as a UK fan, I'm pretty disappointed.

First of all, I HATE the lack of combo packs in the UK these days. I think they stopped them around early 2012. I just like to have all the versions of the film in one place. I don't know why it bothers me but it does.

On top of the extended delay, we DON'T get the second disc with the extra features. :wow: I'm sorry but thats inexcusable. The features are flimsy enough as it is, so don't deprive us of the meatiest one.

I mean the UK was the third highest crossing country for Man of Steel... you think we'd be treated a little better.

Well... I got the blu-ray for Christmas and I have to say, as a UK fan, I'm pretty disappointed.

First of all, I HATE the lack of combo packs in the UK these days. I think they stopped them around early 2012. I just like to have all the versions of the film in one place. I don't know why it bothers me but it does.

On top of the extended delay, we DON'T get the second disc with the extra features. :wow: I'm sorry but thats inexcusable. The features are flimsy enough as it is, so don't deprive us of the meatiest one.

I mean the UK was the third highest crossing country for Man of Steel... you think we'd be treated a little better.

I want to know why we didn't get the Journey of Discovery extra. Its available on the UV copy but not on the actual disc.

Watched the extras,don't get why there's a dic on Peter Jackson and the Hobbit though.

But anyway the extras were awesome, just wish there was more and where the hell is a commentary?

Is there a commentary? What about that "Maximum movie mode"?

I don't have the blu-ray yet. :cmad:

There's no commentary, but there is a Journery to Discovery feature that is like commentary. I don't believe all versions have this though.

Is there a commentary? What about that "Maximum movie mode"?

I don't have the blu-ray yet. :cmad:

Nope and nope

Although that Journey to Discovery thing is like maximum movie mode but its not on the UK blu ray like the US one.

For anyone that has the Walmart Steel book with the two extra special features. Can someone tell me what is in The Iconic Characters of Man of Steel feature? I know that it is 18 min long. But what do they talk about, and who talks?

Like does Amy Adams show up in this feature? :)

I was kind of hoping that one of the special features was the screen test, with Cavill wearing the Reeves costume.

I hope they release that someday.

Completely agree, I would love to see the test and also some footage of concept suits that ultimately didn't make the cut (assuming they made a few)

I'm hoping one day when there's more Man of Steel films we'll get a box-set like we did with the Dark Knight films featuring a bonus disc with extra stuff on like the screen tests etc

For anyone that has the Walmart Steel book with the two extra special features. Can someone tell me what is in The Iconic Characters of Man of Steel feature? I know that it is 18 min long. But what do they talk about, and who talks?

Nobody has seen this special feature from the Walmart blu ray?

Nobody has seen this special feature from the Walmart blu ray?

That's interesting to know there's a special Walmart edition. Unfortunately I live in the UK so can't get hold of it unless someone on eBay or Amazon sells it.

It's set up like some of the other features, most of the cast and crew discuss each character in the story and how they approached the role and brought them into our times. It's good, well worth the watch.

In it's eighth week of release for sales period ending Jan 4th, MOS still maintains the fourth spot in sales.

The main idea of this piece is how the filmmakers and actors approached the characters in the film. There are sections about Henry/Kal-El, Amy/Lois, Kevin & Diane/The Kents, Laurence/Perry, Russell/Jor-El, Ayelet/Lara, Michael/Zod, and even a section towards the end about how Zack facilitated the actors finding their characters.

I figured that was a good thing. Seems solid to me. But I don't have any info on how many total units sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"