• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Metal Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
Well, this is the first MGS game since Substance to go multiplat, so I guess a thread needs to go here too. Of course, if it does all go to hell and its confirmed as 360 exclusive, feel free to move it there.

So, we don't get a lot of the crowd into the PS3 thread, what are all you 360 owners reactions? Excited? I'm sure DACMAN is.

I'm excited as hell. I get to play a MGS game. YAY!

Unlike most people, I like Raiden even in Sons of Liberty. A game featuring him is pretty cool regardless of what platform it's on.

I like Raiden, too. I guess the question that it brings to me is, if Cyborg Raiden is the main character, if this is traditional MGS or if it'll be 'Ninja Gaiden Solid' as Electro likes to refer to as.

Ninja Gaiden Solid or Ninja Gaiden Raiden both work pretty well I find. :p

I like Raiden, too. I guess the question that it brings to me is, if Cyborg Raiden is the main character, if this is traditional MGS or if it'll be 'Ninja Gaiden Solid' as Electro likes to refer to as.

Lightning Bolt Action definitely hints at a Ninja Gaiden type of experience.

I don't think Kojima will lock Sony out of this game by making it exclusive. They've done too much for him and he's always seemed like a loyal guy. Plus Konami as a third party developer probably has the best working relationship with Sony of all the third party developers. I don't think they'll risk it by locking Sony out from their biggest flagship franchise. Konami is good at juggling and staying neutral. This'll probably be no exception when there is money to be made on both platforms. Probably.

That said, I expect a full on stealth game but something more along the lines of Tenchu: Stealth Assassins in regards to using a sword to kill instead of a gun (after all, Raiden has Olga's sword at this point). I'm sure we will see him rescue Sunny and the events that lead to him becoming the cyborg ninja, but I don't think we will play as it. It just doesn't fit in the MGS-verse. The character is far too over powered which means they either make ridiculously out of place enemies as the common enemy or they save it til the end. Maybe for the final boss fight. But I'm guessing that is it.

Im not sure if I can see a game featuring a cyborg ninja being a pure stealth game. We have no details yet, but Im thinking it will be more of an action game

That said, I expect a full on stealth game but something more along the lines of Tenchu: Stealth Assassins in regards to using a sword to kill instead of a gun (after all, Raiden has Olga's sword at this point). I'm sure we will see him rescue Sunny and the events that lead to him becoming the cyborg ninja, but I don't think we will play as it. It just doesn't fit in the MGS-verse. The character is far too over powered which means they either make ridiculously out of place enemies as the common enemy or they save it til the end. Maybe for the final boss fight. But I'm guessing that is it.

I actually really like this idea. If it's a prequel, then you could play as regular Raiden for all the game until the end with a battle with a new Metal Gear or something as super Cyborg Ninja Raiden.

raiden blows.

i couldn't care less about him. i'm disappointed if this is the next official mgs game.

It better be a stealth game.

Seeing as how it is the official next installment, IT HAD BETTER BE A STEALTH GAME.

Otherwise, its simply not a Metal Gear Solid title in my opinion.

Don't pull an RE5 on us Konami!

Im not sure if I can see a game featuring a cyborg ninja being a pure stealth game. We have no details yet, but Im thinking it will be more of an action game

I don't think we'll be playing as cyborg ninja Raiden for most of the game. Ninja Raiden, yes, but not cyborg (after all, he was a ninja by the end of MGS2). I think Konami and Kojima as they are so well known for doing are faking us out again with the whole promo of cyborg Raiden and "Lightning Bolt Action." It won't be the first time. Then again, I could be wrong. That too wouldn't be the first time.

I actually really like this idea. If it's a prequel, then you could play as regular Raiden for all the game until the end with a battle with a new Metal Gear or something as super Cyborg Ninja Raiden.

We know the Patriots made Raiden. So he could be captured right as he smuggles Sunny to Otacon (the others escape, he doesn't) but he can break free before they brainwash him into their newest ninja and kick their newest Metal Gear's ass. It would make quite a climax.

Kojima at Sony's conference made it out like Peacewalker is the real next official MGS game, this might be just a spin-off.

Well yea, if we are controlling Raiden then its a side story. The Snakes have always been the main line through the games. That doesn't mean that this is a non canon story. I'm sure Kojima and Co. will keep this story in line with what we have seen. Maybe this is a prequel to what we saw of Raiden in 4.

I really hope so. I can't say I'll all that interested as playing as Raiden post-MGS4

Yea id like to see Raiden leading up to MGS4. Thatd be really cool.

I wish it'd be about Snake, but MGS is MGS. Can't be picky, it could be for PS3 only again.

I think the best thing to do would be to tell the story of Raiden between 2 and 4.I like the way things ended for Raiden in MGS4.I think it should stay that way.

Well i'm happy its Multiplatform, i like Raiden personally. :p

I think we'll be seeing the official trailer tmrw.

Hopefully we'll get some idea about the gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"