• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care for that. . what I 'm saying is they keep using Nintendo as a[FONT=&quot]/ it's like a weird testing ground thing. after they fail with something installment like 6 and use revaltions to fix things to a degree wise.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
look at what freaking said [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If this is the "extremely well"

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What they are expecting is for it to be like resident evil 4 and revelations which both actually where they got acclaim from reviews video &.tv reviews show wise in North america & pushed things a bit.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]like they are expecting it to happen a third time with this ( but being it's a different series) is another animal though.[/FONT]

I don't care for that.. what I 'm saying is they keep using nintendo as a
[FONT=&quot]/ it's like a weird testing ground thing after they fail with something installment wise.

look at what freaking said [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If this is the "extremely well"

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What they are expecting is for it to be like resident evil 4 and revelations which both actually where they got acclaim from reviews video &.tv reviews show wise in North america & pushed things a bit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]it happening a third time with this (being it's a different series) is another animal though.[/FONT]
You don't care that you were factually wrong? Of course. :o

I don't see them doing that. I seem them as getting that Nintendo money calling out for third party games, and then releasing it other places. It is similar to how Tomb Raider was first on Xbox. Because they got a nice chunk of change for it.

it's what happened with resident evil revalations though. . and used it well where resident evil six failed them.

Last edited:
it's what happened with resident evil relations though. . and used it well where six failed them.
Revelations came out on a handheld. Making a console version, which also came out on the Wii U, always made sense.

yup and it was acclaimed on the Wii U port too tv /vidoe review wise. And the ports to other system h happened and the sequel which sadly skipped the wiiU so it does . testing ground and we'll screw ya over. I'm moving on. this interesting.

Unless you own the company, you pay for exclusivity. That Nintendo didn't tie up the games long term, its their fault. This happens with like every game that doesn't have complete exclusivity.

True but I was more mentally remembering how they left out with revelations 2 on nintendo. if it wasn't that kind of exclusivity. I understand. but it the screwing you over after using you part that bugs me . they get acclaim on those systems and then just say thanks and we're screwing over from not getting this sequel now.

no wounder alot people said nintendo says your welcome cap com in every comment area's of articles with that event when sequal happened. with those video links of game trailers before they became the easy allies, EPN.tv, gameinformer and more video reviews .

hmmm I better chill. I don't want start t o need the damn blood pressure pills

Last edited:
True but I was more mentally remembering how they left out with revelations 2 on nintendo. if it wasn't that kind of exclusivity. I understand. but it the screwing you over after using you part that bugs me . they get acclaim on those systems and then just say thanks and we're screwing over from not getting this sequel now.

no wounder alot people said nintendo says your welcome cap com in every comment area's of articles with that event when sequal happened. with those video links of game trailers before they became the easy allies, EPN.tv, gameinformer and more video reviews .

hmmm I better chill. I don't want start t o need the damn blood pressure pills
That is because of Nintendo though. The Wii U was dead in the water and they were doing nothing to save it. They didn't think it was worth the money to port it. Should Capcom have spent the money anyways?

What does Nintendo have to do with the acclaim they get? They didn't make the games. It Capcom and whatever studio they hire. It is weird idea to give Nintendo credit for that. Especially as they weren't getting the sales on the Nintendo platforms they needed.

As to those posting in comment areas. Do you think bitter fans are the best source for common sense? Ones that post in comment sections?

That is because of Nintendo though. The Wii U was dead in the water and they were doing nothing to save it. They didn't think it was worth the money to port it. Should Capcom have spent the money anyways?

What does Nintendo have to do with the acclaim they get? They didn't make the games. It Capcom and whatever studio they hire. It is weird idea to give Nintendo credit for that. Especially as they weren't getting the sales on the Nintendo platforms they needed.

As to those posting in comment areas. Do you think bitter fans are the best source for common sense? Ones that post in comment sections?
lol the problem was they weren't bitter and you should really really see what some posters on the sony side have doing over on theses articles over the sky rim port and the dragon quest one's start flame wars and mods have to put him on probation. yet some of them are still baiting people regardless. I'm surprise half them aren't banned yet since half their buddies were. so would go saying with what happening now current and do have remember having some thing to back that. as to the acclaim it with the new people and they acclaimed it and alot people bought with wiiu , Nintendo did have port it there. and it made alot of noise. this is another case of things are what they seem.

Last edited:
lol the problem was they weren't bitter and you hould really really see what some poster on the sony side have doing over on theses article;s over the sky rim port and the dragon quest one'es start flame wars and mods have to put him on probattion ye t some them are still baiting people regardless. I'm surprise half them aren't banned yet since half their buddies were.
I don't do comment sections for a reason zenith. It is the bastion for the overzealous fans. Forums can be bad, but there is little to nothing to get from comment sections. Only ones I read now are the Gizmodo blogs, and even they are pretty bad a lot of the time.

zenith you argued that the Wii U would work out. It didn't. So how did you want companies to keep releasing games there at a potential loss? Everyone pulled out. DLC was cancelled. The sales weren't worth the port, especially as the newer systems came out, and out sold the Wii U with ease. That is also the fear with the Switch. That they are already getting old FIFA and Skyrim show that. This is the problem with having the weakest console by a good amount.

This is also why I don't understand the need to push this as a console. Because it is the least appealing console right off the bat.

Last edited:
I don't don't do comment sections for a reason zenith. It is the bastion over the overzealous fans. Forums can be bad, but there is little to nothing to get from comment sections. Only ones I read now are the Gizmodo blogs, and even they are pretty bad a lot of the time.

zenith you argued that the Wii U would work out. It didn't. So how did you want companies to keep releasing games there at a potential loss? Everyone pulled out. DLC was cancelled. The sales weren't worth the port, especially as the newer systems came out, and out sold the Wii U with ease. That is also the fear with the Switch. That they are already getting old FIFA and Skyrim show that. This is the problem with having the weakest console by a good amount.

This is also why I don't understand the need to push this as a console. Because it is the least appealing console right off the bat.

they're no different from forum's the worst are the ign and certain youtube ones and I always keep away from the worst of them. the one's I stick ro are fine and I'm gotten to know the mods and reporters there very and they are cool people. but this is my chose.

it depends on how they push this thing. this doesn't mean I don't have reservation's with the switch as you've I said I wish they didn't make certain certain chose's like the whole terror bite thing when they could have had 2 terror bite hard drive or SSD instead among alot of chose . but I have to see what happens and what they will do before writing things off. and there's nothing with that.

That thing with ultra street fighter showed me to just wait for more info and that's what I'll do.

Last edited:
they're no different from forum's the worst are the ign and certain youtube ones and I always keep away from the worst of them. the one's I stick ro are fine and I'm gotten to know the mods and reporters there very and they are cool people. but this is my chose.

it depends on how they push this thing. this doesn't mean I don't have reservation's with the switch as you've I said I wish they didn't make certain certain chose's like the whole terror bite thing when they could have had 2 terror bite hard drive or SSD instead among alot of chose . but I have to see what happens and what they will do before writing things off. and there's nothing with that.

That thing with ultra street fighter showed me to just wait for more info and that's what I'll do.
Haven't they come out and said they are pushing it as a console first and foremost? I swear Reggie said that.

that was also the point before the japan president died from cancer and every thing and they had reconfirm they weren't leaving consoles and doing straight portables cause alot people both gamer news outlets and fans screamed in terror over it.

that was also the point before the japan president died from cancer and every thing and they had reconfirm they weren't leaving consoles and doing straight portables cause alot people both gamer news outlets and fans screamed in terror over it.
No, he said that during the event this month:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/switch-is-a-home-console-at-heart-not-a-3ds-replac/1100-6446967/

Nintendo sees its new Switch device as a home console first, according to a new interview.

Speaking to Wired, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime stated, "At its heart, [Switch is] a home console that you can take with you on the go."

The executive was addressing a question about what the Switch's launch means for the 3DS. Fils-Aime responded by saying the introduction of one doesn't mean the other will become obsolete, and that he sees the Switch as a home console first.

"3DS has a long life in front of it," he said. "We've already announced games that will be launching in the first couple quarters of this year. There are a number of big games coming. And in our view, the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch are going to live side-by-side. You're going to be meeting different price points, you're going to be meeting different types of consumers, you're going to have the newest, freshest content available on Nintendo Switch, you've got a thousand-game library available on Nintendo 3DS, plus some key new ones coming. They're going to co-exist just fine. We've done this before, managing two different systems.

"I think there's a sense that Nintendo Switch is a portable device. It is portable. But at its heart, it's a home console that you can take with you on the go."

It makes zero sense to not actually try and make money with a Street Fighter game. But then again V happened.

Nintendo isnt funding and co-developing this and the fact that he said its possible to go to other platforms, means it'll likely happen. Capcom made it clear to state SFV wasnt going anywhere else so its not quite the same thing. I cant imagine porting would be difficult since this game is an updated version of a PS3/360 title. Sales arent going to be gangbusters considering the limited Switch installbase. Capcom will want to make as much money out of this as possible so yeah I see it being elsewhere

I am completely confused by what you are saying.

4 came out for the Gamecube in Jan 2005. It came out on the PS3 October 2005.

Revelations came out on the 3DS Jan 2012. It came out for other systems May 2013.

Not just that but Capcom announced the PS2 version in November of 2004, 2 months before the GC version even dropped

Last edited:
As I said a youtuber called Maximilian Dood<<: Link there

who after his initial freak out look into this more and found out things aren't as he thought and gave better details that thing weren't what alot of gamers think this is.
And he stated this is new iteration and he hoped for it to come to other platforms in his same video this article is a fallow up to it's also be in the ultra street fighter thread

Ultra Street Fighter II Will Come To Other Platforms If It Sells “Extremely Well” Says Capcom . January 22, 2017 . 1:30pm

Series producer Yoshinori Ono discussed in a recent interview why Capcom is returning to Street Fighter II, the challenges of balancing a classic, nostalgic game, and more.

105 comments Read >

source: Siliconera

That screenshot looks a lot like the HD re hand drawn Street Fighter II last gen, not saying that as a bad thing. I bought it for PS3, and loved it. If this is a revamped version of that, it would be worth a buy, as long as it's not full price that is. As the PS3 HD remake was like $10 or $15. My only concern is it's Capcom. Even seeing the new MvC trailer still made me worry. I love me some SF, bought SF V day one, still my most disappointing game this gen. Sorry, getting off on a Capcom rant again, lol.

This is the SF I meant

[YT]VRAU-isOgug[/YT]

well it is. Its an updated port of that game. They definitely didnt redraw SF2 again

well it is. Its an updated port of that game. They definitely didnt redraw SF2 again

Ah, thanks. Yeah, second I saw the pics I knew the Switch SF II looked familiar. Yet they were saying it was new. So zenith are you saying it's a semi sequel? As in newly added story set in the same time period before SF IV? That could be worth a purchase. If not, I'll wait and see, because it wouldn't be too different than what we already got.

I do hope we get a Resident Evil title on Switch. Maybe not 7, but they could always make Revelations 3 or something.

Ah, thanks. Yeah, second I saw the pics I knew the Switch SF II looked familiar. Yet they were saying it was new. So zenith are you saying it's a semi sequel? As in newly added story set in the same time period before SF IV? That could be worth a purchase. If not, I'll wait and see, because it wouldn't be too different than what we already got.
Well it has new content but it wasn't completely redone from the ground up

I do hope we get a Resident Evil title on Switch. Maybe not 7, but they could always make Revelations 3 or something.

That's likely bc Capcom is one of the publishers that has supported Nintendo

your really toobsessed with reggie he's a spokes person the real northamerican prezfor nintendo was iwata before he died may he rest inpeace and his replacement and iwata said from the start.

and I found the acclaim for resident evil revelations

[FONT=&quot]source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil:_Revelations

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Quote:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Resident Evil: Revelations emphasizes survival, evasion, and exploration over fast-paced combat by providing the player with limited ammunition, health, and movement speed. It was designed to bring back the content and horror of the series' roots, while at the same time trying to modernize the gameplay. Resident Evil: Revelations was also the first game to support the Nintendo 3DS Circle Pad Pro outside Japan. The game was a moderate commercial success and received generally positive reviews from video game critics, who praised its graphics, sound effects, and horror setting.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A high definition (HD) version of the game was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360 in 2013. The HD version does not support the 3D capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS, but features upgraded graphics and a new difficulty mode. Although all the HD versions combined sold more than one million copies worldwide, they received less critical praise than the Nintendo 3DS version. A follow-up to the game, Resident Evil: Revelations 2, was released in 2015.End quote.[/FONT]

I would also dig up the video's that led to that but I Don't have time you'll like to try argue regardless and I don't have time for it. sorry

That screenshot looks a lot like the HD re hand drawn Street Fighter II last gen, not saying that as a bad thing. I bought it for PS3, and loved it. If this is a revamped version of that, it would be worth a buy, as long as it's not full price that is. As the PS3 HD remake was like $10 or $15. My only concern is it's Capcom. Even seeing the new MvC trailer still made me worry. I love me some SF, bought SF V day one, still my most disappointing game this gen. Sorry, getting off on a Capcom rant again, lol.
oh it seem havok already answered but all I can say yeah they weren't gonna do this from the ground up. it'll be the same animations the only that's different according to Maximilian Dood video where he did the research is they will have variations moves set compared to former and it's being pushed as added sequal of sorts.

the thing they are going for here, is that street fighter 2 is the most loved installment in the series and capcom will capitalize on it, where they failed with V their most recent installment . much like how they used revelations as come back of sorts to classic gameplay horror with added updates (cause it wasn't overly as slow paced ,it's more modern .) where 6 failed.

Last edited:
your really toobsessed with reggie he's a spokes person the real northamerican prezfor nintendo was iwata before he died may he rest inpeace and his replacement and iwata said from the start.

and I found the acclaim for resident evil revelations

[FONT=&quot]source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil:_Revelations

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Quote:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Resident Evil: Revelations emphasizes survival, evasion, and exploration over fast-paced combat by providing the player with limited ammunition, health, and movement speed. It was designed to bring back the content and horror of the series' roots, while at the same time trying to modernize the gameplay. Resident Evil: Revelations was also the first game to support the Nintendo 3DS Circle Pad Pro outside Japan. The game was a moderate commercial success and received generally positive reviews from video game critics, who praised its graphics, sound effects, and horror setting.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A high definition (HD) version of the game was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360 in 2013. The HD version does not support the 3D capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS, but features upgraded graphics and a new difficulty mode. Although all the HD versions combined sold more than one million copies worldwide, they received less critical praise than the Nintendo 3DS version. A follow-up to the game, Resident Evil: Revelations 2, was released in 2015.End quote.[/FONT]

I would also dig up the video's that led to that but I Don't have time you'll like to try argue regardless and I don't have time for it. sorry
Dude, you said he didn't say that recently. He did. I proved it. Why can't you just admit it? And yeah he is a spokesman. For Nintendo in the US. You don't think that has anything to do with ho they are going to advertise here?

I read that wiki entry. What is your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"