The Official Punisher by Rick Remender / Punisher MAX thread

Some of my favorite Punisher pics:

e5kays.jpg

2ed7awz.png

2mqpxtz.jpg

So I'm almost finished the Franken-Castle TPB and I have to say I've really enjoyed it. It's obviously a huge departure from MAX, but that was kind of refreshing. I didn't think I'd like it because I thought the Zombisher arc from the 90's was horrid but Franken-Castle was handled quite well IMO. It was fun and still insanely violent.

In the Blood is next for me, but even if it ends up terrible or something, I've overall really enjoyed Remender's 616 run. It beats the living crap out of Fraction's garbage PWJ run.

What is left to say ? Better storyline than the angels stuff? C'mon Frank shoot's himself than an angel gives him an opportunity to cleanse the earth? Franken-Castle IMO it was ok, but the angels arc is crappy. My only complain about Franken-Castle is Frank's been killed by Daken. But im glad now Frank's back to normal and more younger.

I personally thought they both sucked. I at least tolerated Franken-Castle. I'm just glad it's over.

I read the latest issue of Punisher MAX and all I can say is that Jason Aaron and Steve Dillon are hitting it out of the park. Great series! :woot:

I personally thought they both sucked. I at least tolerated Franken-Castle. I'm just glad it's over.

Yep me too, i hope Greg Rucka can refresh The Punisher in 616 Universe.

I actually found Remender's 616 run to be quite refreshing, actually. It was quite over the top at times, which is a huge change from the MAX stuff I'm used to, but the writing was still solid enough that it was a fun read. I don't take 616 Punisher seriously anyway so I like when they go-for-broke with his character in that universe.

I like to read 616 to have a fun read, and IMO Remender delivered in that aspect. I hope the Rucka launch isn't too dark or "real", because we already have that in MAX, so what would be the point?

616 Punisher has only been good for guest appearances for the past few years anyway. That's why Remender's run was refreshing, not groundbreaking. The people that cried about it and compared it to the MK mini probably never read either run.

616 Punisher's major problem is he that he's a vigilante killer in a medium where if he killed everybody he went up against, he'd be creatively painted into a corner. That's why MAX will succeed where the 616 book can not. Rucka certainly has the deck stacked against him.

That's a great point, actually. My biggest gripe with 616 has always been that Frank usually goes up against a bunch of losers simply because he can't actually kill any of the main baddies. The kicker is, even when he does kill some low-tier villain, nobody cares because the villain is low-tier.

The Scourge of the Underworld has more super-villain kills than the Punisher....pathetic Frank.....real pathetic.

Maybe Frank can kill the Vulture in issue #3 in his new run.

I really enjoyed it, so much so that I bought the HC when released. Looks great and reads great.

Yes i think it's the new vulture... This is the picture i've seen.

PUNISHV2003_cov_col-PREVIEWS.jpg

Finally, we have some good artwork that honors the character

"Honors the character"....? There was nothing wrong with Tony Moore or any of the previous artists. This is the Punisher, one of the easiest character to draw. If an artist can't draw him, then they shouldn't be an artist to begin with.

"Honors the character"....? There was nothing wrong with Tony Moore or any of the previous artists. This is the Punisher, one of the easiest character to draw. If an artist can't draw him, then they shouldn't be an artist to begin with.

I know they are artists but i don't have to like the artwork of everyone.

What i was saying is that Marco Checchetto, in my opinion has better artwork than Boschi, Bertilorenzi (in The blood) and Tony Moore (Franken-Castle). I like the artwork of Jerome Opeña, Huat and Pearson (Dark Reign: Punisher #1 to #10). This is my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Hey, personal tastes in artists is fine I just didn't understand the honoring part. Punisher has a simple look compared to Wolverine or Beast or Batman where as it doesn't have a lot of room for error.

Over the years I've seen several artists give them a look that doesn't honor the character, like Kelley Jones outrageously long Batman ears, Onslaught era feral Wolverine (with bone spikes coming out of his arm and claws) and last but certainly NOT least Beast's donkey look in SWORD. :doh:

About the honoring part i was talking about that finally, i like very much of this new artwork. The other artists were decent for me, but now i see something that "meet my taste".

Im hoping that Rucka can be at the same level as writer as Checchetto's artwork

I remember the Batman with that long ponty ears...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"