Age of Ultron The Official Scarlet Witch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeno

That's America's ass!
Reaction score
Now that we've got confirmation that the Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver will be in The Avengers 2, it's time to discuss Wanda Maximoff in all her magical glory.

Who would you like to see play Wanda in the movie? How do you think Joss Whedon should explain the Maximoff's origin with the mutant angle and their relationship with Magneto/Erik Lensherr off-limits?

Personally, I think that Mila Kunis would be ideal for the role. Emmy Rossum and Holland Roden would also be great choices. Whoever Marvel chooses, I'm certain they'll find the right actress because they've had amazing success in casting the team thus far.

tumblr_mj4s2dMnBj1qbn6jwo1_500.png

Yay Wanda! I've wanted to see her on screen as an Avenger for ages!

I want to see Wanda depicted as a powerhouse but definetly not someone in control at all and I mean of anything. She should have major problems which we can see will become even more dangerous.

I would personally just say she is a witch who gave her brother powers. She could have been meddling with powers since Thor first appeared and was partially inspired by Loki.

Didn't we already have a SW thread?

When I was first exposed to Scarlet Witch - courtesy of some hard-bound Avengers graphic novels that were part of the library collection at one of the elementary schools I attended - I had no idea she was a mutant, let alone the daughter of Magneto, so I don't think it's going to be that big of a deal to work around the 'off-limits' aspects of her character or that of her brother's.

Given that we're going to see Doctor Strange show up in Phase 3, I think the supernatural angle, as suggested above, would actually be an excellent way to explain her abilities. As for her brother, I think a technological-based angle - or even the 'super-soldier serum' explanation would work best for him, although you could bolster SW's character and powers by saying, as suggested above, that she cast a spell on him to give him super-speed.

I also wouldn't put it past Joss to make one or both of these two the bad guys.

Maybe make them humans with partial Asgardian heritage (both Wanda and Pietro), which makes sense for both super speed and sorcery abilities.

Really excited about her and Quicksilver.

I'd like to see Eva Green in the role.

Who would you like to see play Wanda in the movie? How do you think Joss Whedon should explain the Maximoff's origin with the mutant angle and their relationship with Magneto/Erik Lensherr off-limits?

That is a gorgeous picture of Wanda, and Mila Kunis is a great pick. Emmy Rossum seems too wholesome, and not Eastern European enough...

I think that the Inhumans, as products of alien experimentation, work great as stand ins for mutants and mutancy. If Wanda and Pietro are exposed to the Terrigen mists, they work perfectly. They're not just random powered folk with new origins. They have the same origin, they're part of a new offshoot of humanity, intended for evil, but have decided to become good. Bonus points if Pietro's change is more temporary.

I think it'd be interesting to not have SW go crazy per se. Let her question reality, but lets see it from her point of view, like we would for a psychological thriller, and not from everyone else's like... 'okay, we have to stop Wanda' as it was in comics. Let Wanda be the hero.

Her powers could be very cool to see on screen as well, if you could come up with a way to limit them and give them consistency... and give the movie tension.

Scarlet_Witch_Ultimate.jpg

Emmy Rossum seems too wholesome
Someone hasn't seen Shameless! :hehe:

I really like the suggestion of Rossum. I also mentioned Rose Byrne in that other thread

Olga Kurylenko's name has been tossed around quite a bit on the other threads fancasting SW, and I'm going to vote her to the top of my list again in this thread.

Didn't we already have a SW thread?

That's more of an Emily Blunt thread than a Scarlet Witch thread. This thread is about the character herself, with mentions of possible actresses for the role.

When it comes to casting Wanda, as I said above I think that Kunis would be a great choice. Rossum also has possibilities, as does Gemma Arterton. The three of them have shown that they can handle everything that the role will require, though there is no way of telling how much chemistry any one of them might have with the rest of the cast.

Though I've thrown out some suggestions I honestly trust the people at Marvel to find the perfect fit for each role, and I am certain that they are casting their net farther afield than any one of us can imagine at this point. There are probably dozens of age-appropriate actresses available for the casting director to choose from. The person selected is likely to be someone whom no fan had considered.

One thing I hope they will do is make sure that the actors who play Wanda & Pietro are very close in age. It would be jarring to have a noticeably older actor play one of the twins.

I'm really looking forward to why Joss chose the Maximoffs and that's his skill with relationships. Not just the expected ones like between the two but for example between Bruce Banner and Wanda. That's something that hasn't been dealt with in the comic yet.

It would be interesting to see how two characters with immense powers and monstrous alter egos approach each other.

I wonder how Marvel is going to explain the Maximoffs twins' powers, since they can't mention the word "mutant" thanks to Fox. Anyway, I think both Mila Kunis and Emmy Rossum are great choices. I also think Olga from Quantum of Solace would be another ideal candidate for Wanda.

Eva Green seems perfect for the role.

tumblr_lrjp7udxtn1qdvpqqo1_r1_500.jpg

Eva Green seems perfect for the role.

tumblr_lrjp7udxtn1qdvpqqo1_r1_500.jpg

Agreed :up:

I'm really glad Marvel's introducing SW and QS, there's definitely some interesting stories they can tell down the road with them.

After seeing The Mandarin Iron Man 3, will they try to do the same thing to Wanda Maximoff "Scarlet Witch"? What if she does not have her Hex magic powers? Did Kevin Feige say somewhere that Dr Strange would be the first to do magic?

Technically the first one to use magic would be Loki.

I don't know. I hope the Marvel U doesn't try and use too many M Night Shymalon type twists all the time. It worked really well for Iron Man 3 but not for every film.

Of course, the twist might be that after a few months Whedon and Feige decide they can't fit in Wanda and Pietro after all and we're all left like :csad:

I hope they give Wanda a slightly Katy Perry look. Witchy and Eastern European but slightly innocent as well. From the moment I saw it I thought it was very Wanda.

images

I also like her current look in Uncanny Avengers

After seeing The Mandarin Iron Man 3, will they try to do the same thing to Wanda Maximoff "Scarlet Witch"? What if she does not have her Hex magic powers? Did Kevin Feige say somewhere that Dr Strange would be the first to do magic?

her powers might be tied into the cosmic cube (the energies resembling those of the Cube).

Molly Parker is my dream Wanda, but she's prob a bit too old now.

I wouldnt mind Eva.

I wonder if they'll do some location shoots in Romania for Wundagore Mountain? I was just googling Romania and they seem to have such beautiful mountains.

EDIT: By the way it's funny you should mention Michelle. Wasn't her co-star Jessica Brown Findlay a runner up for Agent 13 in Captain America? Also Marvel rarely give up on a co-star if they like what they see.

And didn't Jon Favreau say 'pay attention to the scene Happy Hogan is watching in Iron Man 3. It was chosen for a reason' and did it not, and my memory may be fooling me, feature Jessica Brown Findlay?

images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_T_8_Vdf0_Czb1_GCdn_UVy_qt55_Blz_So1.jpg

Let's keep an eye on this

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll do some location shoots in Romania for Wundagore Mountain? I was just googling Romania and they seem to have such beautiful mountains.

EDIT: By the way it's funny you should mention Michelle. Wasn't her co-star Jessica Brown Findlay a runner up for Agent 13 in Captain America? Also Marvel rarely give up on a co-star if they like what they see.

And didn't Jon Favreau say 'pay attention to the scene Happy Hogan is watching in Iron Man 3. It was chosen for a reason' and did it not, and my memory may be fooling me, feature Jessica Brown Findlay?

images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_T_8_Vdf0_Czb1_GCdn_UVy_qt55_Blz_So1.jpg
Let's keep an eye on this

The scene from Downton did feature Findlay, but Favreau's reason for pointing it out had nothing to do with the actors. It was the story he was referring to.

tumblr_mmd9zg4xsE1qa3cldo1_r1_500.png

tumblr_mmd9zg4xsE1qa3cldo2_r1_500.png

The scene from Downton did feature Findlay, but Favreau's reason for pointing it out had nothing to do with the actors. It was the story he was referring to.

tumblr_mmd9zg4xsE1qa3cldo1_r1_500.png

tumblr_mmd9zg4xsE1qa3cldo2_r1_500.png

Boo! Findlay would still be really good as Wanda though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"