The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 6

It's probably connected to the way they're working out and explaining the Celestials in the MCU.

hehe and I wouldn't be surprised if it was, "the Avengers of one million JBC" JBC being Just BeCause lmao
true it was during this time that the celetials supposedly told the god's the greek and asgardian's and other's to not interfere with human's any more and odin was in their face and zeus later got odin to stop the war he started with the celestial's cause he was loosing after setting looke the destroyer armor and nearly breaking the deal of none interference with which was made with the dreaming celestial.

this was pre the eternal's and the mutate's & lastly the mutant gene and mutant being born from the mutate's and certain eternal's (thano's) which the celestial invented in the human genome all to protect the celestial seed and have more of their own race be born out of humanity as well be side that.

too bad none of the X-men are involved this was sort of their origin next to the mutate's thing which most heroes that don't have their genetic's changed aren't part of . but it is the birth era of the MU as whole.

but i'm not sure how much if any they re show of that . also it's possible they won't be near the event cause I just hope none them screw up the process. but that's hoping for too much. it may be for the best they aren't near those events. or they likely kill of one of the many off shoot's of humanity in the MU. lol and there won't be excuse for it after wards.

Last edited:
It's just sounding like another "restart" for the MU :(
I'm excited to see what's going to BE in Marvel Legacy because it includes my fave Myth and Lore characters, but sheesh, enough with the restarts

The Celestials created the Eternals, Deviants and the mutant gene about 1 million years ago. They told the gods to quit interfering in mortal affairs about 1 thousand years ago.

So, we know that certain characters in the movie business fall under certain areas, such as Disney cannot use mutants because Fox has the movie rights to the X-Men and mutants fall into that corner, and Disney cannot use Skrulls because Fox owns the movie rights to the F4 and Skrulls fall under that corner.

So dont the Inhumans also fall under the F4 banner? How is Disney handling them and not Fox?

The Fantastic Four appears to have been heavily negotiated. Namor, Black Panther, the Inhumans and a few others all debuted in Fantastic Four, but were exempted from the deal with Fox. All of them have had solo series at some time, but so has Silver Surfer who is with Fox. However, it's not even all of Fantastic Four cosmic that's with Fox. The Kree (and, in particular, Ronan) debuted in the Fantastic Four. The Skrulls did as well. However, it's worth noting the Skrulls themselves are shared, it's just Super Skrull that belongs to Fox. It's also not necessarily where they debuted that controls. Kang debuted in Avengers but, because he's been retconned to be Rama-Tut and related to Reed Richards, he's owned by Fox. Ego also debuted in Thor but was owned by Fox until Marvel negotiated to get the rights back.

A few points of clarification. One, Fox doesn't own the rights to all mutants. They own the rights to the word "mutant" and they own characters associated with the X-Men. If there's a mutant not associated with the X-Men, it's not owned by Fox. Second, as I said above, it seems association, not first appearance, controls.

Short version: We don't really know. However, either certain parts of Marvel Cosmic (e.g., Galactus, Silver Surfer, and Super Skrull) were specifically negotiated to be part of the FF rights, specific characters with their own books at times (e.g., Black Panther and the Inhumans) were negotiated to not be with the FF, or something else entirely.

ETA: After posting, I realized I should probably add that, of course, Namor did not debut in the Fantastic Four. However, his first debut in a Marvel comic was the Fantastic Four and he's most associated with being an antagonist/anti-hero in that book.

Last edited:
yep there are alot of mutant like justic of th new warrior and dawayin taylor half borther that took the nighte rasher name for expamle before the former returned that are mutants they've ether met the x-men or have some of their member from there which they have shared .

But there some that are mutant's like those I just mentioned and Namorita that are mutants that have never been apart of the x-men and there's long list craven the hunter even has a mutant son around the same age as spinderman and ice man etc that took on his name and has powers are identical to his dad's .

But the latter craven the hunter is a mutant and so is his mother. let just there a huge list be sides squirrel girl like the director of A.r.m.o.r and there's Abigail brand who's the head of S.w.o.r.d that had been hiding that she's not only cross breed of human and alien , her mother and her self are mutants too .

She hides it. there's a long list mutants . even spite fire the British female hero that helped cap and winter soldier during their time inthe invaders that that hybrid of mutant power nano tech and vamperism the nano tech was used to stave of the vamperism .

Last edited:
My buddy tipped me off to a silent auction piece that had 5 1st edition old school Marvel comics which are as follows:

Captain America #1

Incredible Hulk #1

The Amazing Spider Man #1

X-Men #1 (1963)

The Invincible iron man #1 (1968)

Avengers #1 (1963)

They are in a a framed display case and not graded.

Starting bid was $225 but I put in a bid for $800. My friend that tipped me off said this firehouse almost never has any customers. My other friend that was with me looked into the box and said mine was the only slip in there, auction ends on the 20th.

If I actually win this is $800 a good price for all of these? Even if they aren't in great condition for some reason?

Issue 10 doesn't come out to tomorrow, right? It hasn't been explained in 1-9. One could possibly speculate that it was the last of his worthiness (because he's still Cap even if he's changed inside). Certainly, it's been strongly implied that he can no longer lift it and he's worried people will find out.

That's dumb and makes no sense. You're either worthy or you're not.

thor-captain-america-hammer.png

You don't think the comics support the idea that you can sometimes be worthy and sometimes not?

Anyway, Secret Empire 10 actually does answer this question if you want to be spoiled.

Having not caught up on Captain America: Steve Rogers leading to Secret Empire, I can't comment on how much sense it makes.

Anyway, Secret Empire 10 actually does answer this question if you want to be spoiled.

Having not caught up on Captain America: Steve Rogers leading to Secret Empire, I can't comment on how much sense it makes.

Spoiler tagged so fair warning:

Hydra Cap was never worthy. The enchantment on the hammer had been altered to allow him to lift Mjolnir (presumably without his knowledge since he tries again to lift it again after the enchantment is restored).

The bigger question is how is Captain America not in jail for all the stuff he did. He's just free to be a "hero" again? Bull@#$!

The bigger question is how is Captain America not in jail for all the stuff he did. He's just free to be a "hero" again? Bull@#$!

Because Hyrda Cap is still around so they are being treated as 2 separate beings. So Hydra Cap is probably the one going to jail (though honestly they should probably just kill him lol).

Because Hyrda Cap is still around so they are being treated as 2 separate beings. So Hydra Cap is probably the one going to jail (though honestly they should probably just kill him lol).

Pisses me off. Of course, the grand final battle was televised, so everyone in the world can now see the "real" Cap save the day so he can be vindicated easy-peasey. And of course, Evil Hydra Cap is still around so someone can be held accounted for and prisoned. So good Cap can just continue on without the hassle of "his" actions.

This wasn't the case with Spider-Woman, even though the entire world knew the Spider-Woman that lead the Secret Invasion was a Skrull.

Everything just gets wrapped up so neatly. F&^% Marvel.

Pisses me off. Of course, the grand final battle was televised, so everyone in the world can now see the "real" Cap save the day so he can be vindicated easy-peasey. And of course, Evil Hydra Cap is still around so someone can be held accounted for and prisoned. So good Cap can just continue on without the hassle of "his" actions.

This wasn't the case with Spider-Woman, even though the entire world knew the Spider-Woman that lead the Secret Invasion was a Skrull.

Everything just gets wrapped up so neatly. F&^% Marvel.

Its BS especially as a Cyclops fan. He had a cosmic entity forced on him courtesy of Cap and the Avengers interference and he was arrested, became a fugitive and was hunted by SHIELD for 2 years. No one gave him the benefit of the doubt in that his actions were not his fault and all the years he spent as a a hero meant nothing

Its BS especially as a Cyclops fan. He had a cosmic entity forced on him courtesy of Cap and the Avengers interference and he was arrested, became a fugitive and was hunted by SHIELD for 2 years. No one gave him the benefit of the doubt in that his actions were not his fault and all the years he spent as a a hero meant nothing

And Cap is supposed to be THE HERO of the Marvel U. Wouldn't it be more interesting to see the world cope with the feeling of betrayal from the paragon of heroism that is Steve Rogers, and see Steve struggle with actions he "wasn't responsible for" while trying to move forward, then to just shrug your shoulders and say "Pfff...we're good, lets get back to normal" just like that?

Oh I agree with you two. I think its ridiculous as well.

Hey now, Cap is an American icon while Cyclops is a filthy mutie. :o

Honestly though, Cap is like Superman to me. I find them both mildly interesting sometimes but mostly boring.

Cyclops on the other hand, is the ****ing MAN! Everything from M-Day to the day he died was awesome as hell. I'm still pissed they keep killing him off.

Hey now, Cap is an American icon while Cyclops is a filthy mutie. :o

Honestly though, Cap is like Superman to me. I find them both mildly interesting sometimes but mostly boring.

Cyclops on the other hand, is the ****ing MAN! Everything from M-Day to the day he died was awesome as hell. I'm still pissed they keep killing him off.

keep killing? He's only been killed off once

Cyclops has died at least once before that I know. But it was one of those fake comic deaths. I recall he died during a fight with Apocalypse and sacrificed himself in the late 90s, but he came back a short time later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"