The Official Super Mario Bros Reboot/1993 Film Discussion Thread

If they do a reboot, I wouldn't protest against a live-action version of this.

[YT]Q_xQ-ns5whw[/YT]

Did I miss the historic event that made Disney and Nintendo mortal enemies?

no, but if anyone knows disney, they don't produce other peoples stuff... basically meaning they do there own thing, and there own ideas. You don't see Disney buying the writes to a superhero and doing a cartoon show for them (re-runs to air on the disney channel, yes... but not to actually produce and create)

Aside from them doing most of their business off of old fairy tales and children's stories.

Pixar may be owned by Disney, but they have plenty of power/control, if Pixar wanted to do anything, Disney would be pretty stupid to force their hand against what they want. I'm not saying they would want to do Mario, but I don't think Disney breathing on their neck would effect the decision that much.

sorry but pixar likes to do there own original things. pixar has never done another companies product, and from what i know about the animation industry after 2 years of majoring in it, pixar isn't about to start doing projects for a third party

sorry but pixar likes to do there own original things. pixar has never done another companies product, and from what i know about the animation industry after 2 years of majoring in it, pixar isn't about to start doing projects for a third party

They did The Incredibles, which is technically Brad Bird's property.

Sorry, didn't know you were 2 years into majoring, you definitely have a lot more in-the industry knowledge then we ever could...

Pixar is a smart and talented company, yes they do their own properties, but if they thought it was a quality project there is no reason they wouldn't do 3rd party work. Just because they like to do original work, doesn't mean they are opposed to doing something else. It just means they have a creative team working there.

im sorry, but you still really don't get it. Sure maybe if they stayed a solo company (not bought by disney) and grew to be a major CGI house like ILM where they indeed do 3rd party work, then ya i'd agree. but Pixar is not that type of company

he indeed came over to pixar after the pitch. but Pixar still owns the rights, and it was further developed through pixar. You do realise 99.9% of all animated movies and tv shows start with 1 mans idea right? And you do realize that your brad bird comparison is not truely a 3rd party comparison. because brad bird is not a company. and brad bird is not an established business with several properties.

I wasn't comparing Bird to a 3rd party company, I was pointing out the ideas Pixar work on don't all come from in-house. If it's a good idea, Pixar is a smart enough company to pursue it.

yes.... but that doesn't mean anything 3rd party at all

well they were pretty easy to smash into one considering the brad bird element sounded like you were using it as proof that they could work with nintendo

I'ld love to see an animated Donkey Kong film with Ving Rhames as Donkey and Tobey Maguire as Diddy Kong :woot:

How hard is it to make a movie about jumping on mushrooms and coloured shells? How hard is it to get that right?!...

My personal ideas/prefrences on how a reboot should be done...

1. It should be completely CGI, preferably in the style of the cutscenes to Super Smash Bros Brawl: The Subspace Emissary.

2. It should be take place in more of a fantasy setting instead of the 1993 film's sci-fi setting.

3. It should have more of an epic, action-packed feel to it that is slightly dark in tone while still retaining some of the stylized, cartoonish style of the games. It would not be a full-out comedy, but more of a light hearted action-adventure film with bits of comic relief (like the "Indiana Jones" or "Pirates of the Caribbean" films).

4. Instead of basing the film on only the 1985 game, the film should combine elements from the old and new games to include more characters, etc. to add to the overall story.

5. It should be released in 3-D. After seeing many of today's 3-D blockbusters, I could just imagine how a Super Mario Bros. film would work with today's 3-D technology, if done right.
(Please don't bug me on how 3-D is "a gimmick and a waste of money". If that is your opinion, then just keep it to yourself.)

Overall, I've pictured how the entire film would work out. Characters and settings would retain their video game appearances but would be given a little realistic touch (again, like the cutscenes to SSBB). There would be a lot of action for the older viewers, but it would not be too violent for younger viewers.

Ideal MPAA rating for this movie:
PG: For Intense Sequences of Stylized Fantasy Action Violence and Peril, and For Some Scary Creature Images

If anyone would like, I could sum up my ideas for the plot of this film.

paul giamatti----Mario----
51301280_10.jpg

Sacha Baron Cohen ---Luigi
sacha-baron-cohen.jpg

Scarlett Johansson--- Princess Peach
264369~Scarlett-Johansson-Posters.jpg

Michael Clark Duncan-- Boweser( Hellboy type make-up fx)
michael_clarke_duncan_03_face.jpg

Warwick Davis--- Toad
220px-Warwick_Davis,_2006.jpg

I wrote my own fan script for a new mario brothers film. It's called "MARIO WORLD" and it's about MArio and Luigi and they are two brothers who are planning on building a Italian family restraunt but they have no money so they have to moonlight as plumbers and one night there called to an old mansion thats owned by an old lady named Mrs. Daisyto fix some pipes and they head into the basement and they find a large green pipe and they accidently fall into it and they are transported to the Mushroom Kingdom. from this point on it's kind of like Lord of the rings and The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe. the first they do when they get to the kingdom is they save toad from an attack by the koopa troopers. they save his life and he thinks they are "the two brothers" from the sky that will save the kingdom from Bowser. Mario and Lugigi learn that bowser has enslaved the mushroom people and capture the king along with Princess Peach the most beautful women in the kingdom. Toad tells them that the only way to defeat Bowser is to find the sarcred star that will give ultimate power for only a few seconds. so this film would be larger that then the other crap fest and would have a huge battle between the mushroom people and Bowsers army. it would be a big family summer movie. if u want to read the script just leave a message.

Michael Clarke Duncan could be pretty good as Bowser's voice. As for the script you wrote, I would like to read it. Where can I find it on the internet?

I would love a Heavily Stylized Live Action or 2d Miyazaki Style film.CG doesn't seem interesting because it's pretty much already in CG.

i would just like to see another shot being taken at a mario flick. live action or animated, as long as its fun.

Another Super Mario Bros. movie?
They should make a Donkey Kong movie first, the game came first, Mario vs Donkey Kong, if done realistic it would be a King Kong movie set in modern times and full of explosions with old Michael Bay aboard.
If not it should be more like scott Pilgrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"