The Official Super Mario Bros Reboot/1993 Film Discussion Thread

Super Mario Brothers was an alright movie.If they reboot it,I might consider seeing it.

I think DOnkey Kong was gonna be the baddy in the first movie's sequel. Scapelli--owner of the rival plumbing business--got turned into a monkey. Maybe his guys tried using Mushroom Kingdom tech to turn him back, and only created an intelligent, apelike monster.

Hence Daisey shows up to get the Bros' help.

What an amazing bump for a film that's not going to happen , lol.

I grew up watching this movie fondly. I never knew truly how bad it was until I saw it again as an adult.

It's truly a special piece of bad entertainment that deserves to be retold! :p

Sony Planning Animated ‘Mario Bros.’ Movie According to Leaked Emails
Producer Avi Arad told Amy Pascal he had become “the proud father” of the movie in October

Sony Pictures Lands “Mario Bros.” Movie Rights From Nintendo, Leaked Emails Show
The deal came to light in a series of leaked emails between Sony Chief Amy Pascal and producer Avi Arad.
UPDATE: Arad has denied that the deal has closed.

Would have loved to see an animated Super Mario Bros Movie...

Last edited:
Knowing Arad, he'll destroy Mario too.

That's why I'm upset that he's producing Metal Gear Solid. I can bet you all that this deillusiional 60 something year old man has never played the game. You can't have an intern play it for you. You can't have your assistant wrote you a summary. You have to PLAY it. That's what video games are for.

Honestly, I can't see a better Mario movie than the 93 one. No sarcasm, I loved its style. Bad jokes aside, of course.

I disagree, many ways for something better than that, realism and edgyness did not suit Mario at all.

Oh. Illumination's doing this?

giphy.gif

I'm calling it Goombas are going to get the Minion treatment. This could have been given to Disney/Pixar or hell even Blue Sky for Christ sakes.

Nobody else will relinquish that amount of control Nintendo probably requested.

Shigero Miyamoto himself is rumored to be an Executive Producer and he will watch with Hawkeyes that his Son gets the Best Treatment

Nobody else will relinquish that amount of control Nintendo probably requested.

True. Didn't they do the same thing with the other movie...

Animation is the right way to go, so there's that.

I mean, it makes complete sense, as they already kind of did...

Animation of it I'm all in for it. If it's good we get another live action film in a few years too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"