Super Mario The Official Super Mario Thread

Lead Cenobite

Exquisitely Empty
Reaction score
It needs it's own topic, dammit. Is anyone besides me excited? This is huge, it's not just another star collecting quest, it's old school Mario but in 3d. Small Mario is back, the Super Mushroom is back, flagpoles are back, Boom Boom is back, and of course the Tanooki suit.

Who would have ever thought we'd see the day?

I'm excited for this. I'm hoping that along with Boom Boom, the Koopalings will also show up again. I really liked them in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

What every Mario games is about I'd assume. Princess Peach is kidnapped, Bowser has her. Mario to the rescue.

Last edited:
At least it's not just Mario 64 repackaged like Zelda.

Mario 64 is one of my favorite games, but even I wish it had been more like the games before it.

Actually, this kindof puts me in mind of the unreleased Virtual Boy Mario Land, which has a couple of small things in common with this, in addition to be a Mario platformer for a stereoscopic 3d handheld.. It also had flagpole exits to the levels, and Zelda style overhead dungeon areas, though I assume they were more frequent in Mario Land.

There's no official date yet, I don't think. They just said they'd try to get it out by the end of the year, in time for the holiday season.

So I guess everyone knows the official title now. I'm not too crazy about it, but I'll reserve judgement till more is known about the game, maybe it'll make sense in the right context.

played this the other day - its good fun and I will def be buying it

it was a pod at an event so only played 2 levels - presumably a demo rather than the whole game

also got to play mario kart 7

Super Mario Land 3D is the game I want to buy a 3DS for... but part of me just wants to wait on the very obvious remodel that was rumored.

How did the 3d influence gameplay?

Id actually had quite a bit to drink and cant rmember that clearly tbh

mario kart in 3d was very cool, and despite the nintendo girls claims that it was a hard series of tracks i came 1st which she was impressed with (I was trying to chat her up while playing so probably didnt look like I was gonna do well but was totally in the zone)

mario the 3d didnt really influence it too much, I actually had a bit of trouble grabbing the flag at the end, I missed it the 1st time, it really just does feel like mario bros in 3d though, and imo that is no bad thing

This talk of the 3d making platforming and bopping blocks more intuitive has got me thinking about depth perception in 3d (not 3ds 3d) gameplay. Could glasses 3d or stereoscopic 3d really be the way of the future in gaming and not simply a gimmick?

I've noticed that in, for example, the previous 3d Marios, Mario always has a shadow directly under him so you know where he is in relation to the ground when he jumps. It seems like 3d gaming would be kindof broken without little tricks like that, and even then, it doesn't solve every problem.

As much as I hate to admit it... I do think 3D is going to be a major, major player and not just a gimmick with the future of games and other media. Oh... it may take a while but the moment we start seeing 3DHDTV's for around 500-800 like you can get a 47" HDtv now...Then yeah, it will be here to stay.

I remember people saying HD wouldn't "catch on" because it was too exspensive... And... Well...

I'm not big on the whole 3D thing at all... but at this point I don't think I can deny it any longer...

Last edited:
I don't mind 3d so much in video games, but what worries me is this talk of people with poor eyesight not being able to see 3d. Most people don't have perfect eyesight throughout their entire lives, and I don't either.

Yeah, I may have to get that.

And a 3DS. :o

So Peta has set their sights on SM3DL for advocating wearing fur, due to the Tanooki Mario form, and they even made a flash game involving Mario wearing the actual bloody skin of a tanooki and the tanooki chasing Mario to retrieve his skin.

PETA can go F themselves. They are over 20 years to late bc Mario has been wearing the tanooki suit since Super Mario Bros 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"