Revenge of the Fallen The official Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen movie critics review thread

S.A.A.D.

Superhero
Reaction score
They are slowly coming out of the wood works now people.

http://www.totalfilm.com/reviews/cinema/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen

4 stars Verdict:"Non-obsessives may find the relentless sensory assault a little draining, but the bangs, ’bots and bombast ensure Fallen has everything Transformers nuts will want and expect."

http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen.php

4/5 stars "Yes, you could level the same accusations at Transformers as I and many others lobbed at Terminator Salvation. It's over-long; it has plot holes you could steer an aircraft carrier through; it's loud and stupid and relies too much on pyrotechnics. But the difference is, the Terminator franchise was never designed to be consumed and enjoyed as blockbuster entertainment. Transformers, on the other hand, was built from the ground up to be a popcorn-devouring, eye-popping, nostalgia-sparking crowd-pleaser – and Revenge Of The Fallen sees Michael Bay tick all those boxes and more.

The contest is over – not only does Bay have the bigger d***, he's made the better film as well."

http://movies.ign.com/articles/994/994427p1.html

3/5 stars "The biggest movie of the summer is finally here, but that's the problem with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - it's just too bloody big. Epic, spectacular but unfortunately far, far too long; the film proves that when it comes to Michael Bay blockbuster movies, you can have too much of a good thing."

Last edited:
Yea I just read the Ign Uk review. Basicly he complains that the movie is too long huh?? I mean he praises the first film but says the second one is too long but the first movie was 2 hours as well. I mean it dosent bother me that the movie is 2 hours. I find that to be kinda of a stupid complaint but I will hole off until I see the movie for myself before I make my final decsion. But since I loved the first movie I am sure I will like revenge of the fallen. P.S I already read the novel and by judging from that It seems awesome!!!

if it could only have a 10 hr run time

or be an ongoing series like the cartoon

this too long business is great

Non-obsessives may find the relentless sensory assault a little draining
Best thing to do is to take a 1 hour nap before going to the theater.

So the complaints, in a nutshell, are that the movie is too awesome.

I...can't...wait. :up:

Last edited:

4/5 stars "Yes, you could level the same accusations at Transformers as I and many others lobbed at Terminator Salvation. It's over-long; it has plot holes you could steer an aircraft carrier through; it's loud and stupid and relies too much on pyrotechnics. But the difference is, the Terminator franchise was never designed to be consumed and enjoyed as blockbuster entertainment. Transformers, on the other hand, was built from the ground up to be a popcorn-devouring, eye-popping, nostalgia-sparking crowd-pleaser – and Revenge Of The Fallen sees Michael Bay tick all those boxes and more.

This line of the review made me happy :
But damn, if it isn't fun watching them go to town on each other. Each character boasts at least one bona fide badass moment, whether it's Sideways crashing through a Chinese apartment block, Bumblebee taking the head off an opponent or Prime receiving a last-reel system upgrade.

Oh yeah Jetfire combo here we come :woot:

So, it's stupid, but fun. Brainless entertainment. I was hoping for a slightly better script, but alas.

So, it's stupid, but fun. Brainless entertainment. I was hoping for a slightly better script, but alas.

ah brainless would be scary movie and all the other spoofs

there's alot to think about in TF

brainless?

Last edited:
I feel that the first Transformers made "brainless" fun work. The entertainment value was through the roof, so all you kept hearing from everyone including self when we were leaving the theater was "Transformers is AWESOME!" So I'm fine with Transformers 2 being the same way.

The Daily Mirror in the UK gave this 3/5 stars and a favourable review as well.

For comparison, it gave Terminator Salvation and Wolverine 4/5 stars. So I can see TF2 getting generally better reviews than those two as the Mirror often gets it backwards.

Also, 4/5 stars from Total Film has me convinced :up:.

Yeah, I'm going to love this movie.

I want a movie to be long if I'm really into it. Long movie just means more awesome!

Here's a very negative review

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/reviews/theatrical-review-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen/

2/5 stars

"This movie will do very well indeed. Sequel to 2007’s smash hit, Transformers, Michael Bay’s Revenge Of The Fallen is as big and burly as fans of loud, frenetic blockbusters will want it to be. It shouts, it screams, it explodes, it screams some more and then it explodes again; it is more than simple cinematic fodder for the preteen Saturday mobs, it is the next stage in the evolution of cinematic fodder, stripped down and streamlined to feature only marketable, trailer-friendly, toy shelf-conscious moments. Junk, then.

Unlike the summer’s other big robot movie, Revenge Of The Fallen does have a personality, but it’s a frightfully detestable one. It celebrates all the wrong things with ferocious gusto, marking a new type of low for blockbusters."

If anyone would like to contribute to this thread by posting reviews of TF:ROTF by movie critics that hasn't been posted they may do so.

I want a movie to be long if I'm really into it. Long movie just means more awesome!

I'd prefer an overlong movie to an overshot one anyday (looking at you Fox!).

Here's a very negative review

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/reviews/theatrical-review-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen/

2/5 stars

"This movie will do very well indeed. Sequel to 2007’s smash hit, Transformers, Michael Bay’s Revenge Of The Fallen is as big and burly as fans of loud, frenetic blockbusters will want it to be. It shouts, it screams, it explodes, it screams some more and then it explodes again; it is more than simple cinematic fodder for the preteen Saturday mobs, it is the next stage in the evolution of cinematic fodder, stripped down and streamlined to feature only marketable, trailer-friendly, toy shelf-conscious moments. Junk, then.

Unlike the summer’s other big robot movie, Revenge Of The Fallen does have a personality, but it’s a frightfully detestable one. It celebrates all the wrong things with ferocious gusto, marking a new type of low for blockbusters."

I'd expect a few more reviews like this to be honest, nice to know we already have a few positive ones in the bag though. Not sure if this will get worse or better reviews overall than the first one.

These reviews aren't negative from my perspective, because all of the things these dudes are complaining about are the very reasons why I'm so excited about this movie. I don't want Transformers to change my perception of the Geneva Conventions. I just want this movie to be a gigantic cinematic ride.

And that's exactly what these reviews are claiming it to be.

These reviews aren't negative from my perspective, because all of the things these dudes are complaining about are the very reasons why I'm so excited about this movie. I don't want Transformers to change my perception of the Geneva Conventions. I just want this movie to be a gigantic cinematic ride.

And that's exactly what these reviews are claiming it to be.

eggsactly

^Totally agreed, but for some stupid reason, some critics look upon it negatively, when all we are doing is expecting a thrill-ride, and it seems thats what we'll get.

When the main critics are that the movie is TOO good, I know I'm in for a treat.

I knew it

I knew at some point in their attempts to outline all that is wrong with the new one they would look back on the previous one with praise
(praise that was no where to be found in their original assessments no doubt)

They are slowly coming out of the wood works now people.

http://www.totalfilm.com/reviews/cinema/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen

4 stars Verdict:"Non-obsessives may find the relentless sensory assault a little draining, but the bangs, ’bots and bombast ensure Fallen has everything Transformers nuts will want and expect."

The contest is over – not only does Bay have the bigger d***, he's made the better film as well."

http://movies.ign.com/articles/994/994427p1.html

3/5 stars "The biggest movie of the summer is finally here, but that's the problem with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - it's just too bloody big. Epic, spectacular but unfortunately far, far too long; the film proves that when it comes to Michael Bay blockbuster movies, you can have too much of a good thing."

Great reviews. I feel pumped. :up: Who else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"