Revenge of the Fallen The official Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen movie critics review thread

I think the critics have been overly harsh on some of the blockbusters this year, and TF2 is no exception, I honestly just didnt find that bad some of the things critics are pointing out.

I loved Star Trek also, but it wasnt as good as the critics made out, IMO the critics have totally dropped the ball this year. And I used to agree with them so much.

I couldn't disagree more. To me they have been decidedly on the ball this year. They gave great reviews to The Hangover and ST(rightly so) and trashed Bayformers2 and Wolvercrap. The only questionable call I'd give them is TS(I thought it was a bit better than they gave it credit for).

The VileOne,no joke,what is it that is driving you to relentlessly bash it? Did this entity,this thing known as hatred offer you some deal you couldn't refuse? Whenever you post a rant about the movie you increase your stupidity factor. I want an answer,no lying,no back tracking.

ok this has been pissing me off. People need to stop saying that you're thinking "like an old critic" if they didnt like the film.
I enjoy mindless action, I liked TF1 but still imo ROTF was bad
Just because someone doesnt like the film doesnt mean they're being "an OLD adult/critic when you watch it."

Why you like TF1 but not this one? Is there REALLY anything MUCH different?

NO, I don't think so, if anything it's TF1 TIMES 100!!!

Why you like TF1 but not this one? Is there REALLY anything MUCH different?

NO, I don't think so, if anything it's TF1 TIMES 100!!!

The first one had the novelty factor going for it.

BTW, I thought this was balls-out the worst film Bay has ever made. And Michael Bay only makes bad movies, so this is really bad.

I normally agree with these guys, but not this time. Oh well. They didnt like Watchmen either.

I think they can be amusing at times but for the most part are annoying. Honestly, how did they get "big" all of a sudden. It would be no different if me and a few of my friends got together and had a shoutout, or you and any of your friends for that matter. Personally I usually don't agree with them due to the fact that most of them tend to contradict themselves from review to review.

I think they can be amusing at times but for the most part are annoying. Honestly, how did they get "big" all of a sudden. It would be no different if me and a few of my friends got together and had a shoutout, or you and any of your friends for that matter. Personally I usually don't agree with them due to the fact that most of them tend to contradict themselves from review to review.

Animation works wonders. I like them and I agree with them probably 2/3 of the time.

I enjoy mindless action, I liked TF1 but still imo ROTF was bad
Just because someone doesnt like the film doesnt mean they're being "an OLD adult/critic when you watch it."

Thank you! The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor got trashed by critics and audiences alike, but I hugely enjoy it as a guilty pleasure (and I see why a lot of people loathe it). I'm not one of those old adult/critic guys, I'm around the same age as most of the guys who love Bay's movies.

Except I don't.

I think age has a lot to do with how different people see this film. Most(not all of course but the vast majority) of people who love Bay's films are pre-teens, teens or early 20-somethings who probably haven't seen nearly enough films in their life to create a solid base for comparison. That ties into the whole "some films don't age well" thing because when these kids get older and more discerning a lot of their former favorite films will not look so good anymore. TF2 is guaranteed to be one of those films. Actually, I'd say the first is as well.

I think age has a lot to do with how different people see this film. Most(not all of course but the vast majority) of people who love Bay's films are pre-teens, teens or early 20-somethings who probably haven't seen nearly enough films in their life to create a solid base for comparison. That ties into the whole "some films don't age well" thing because when these kids get older and more discerning a lot of their former favorite films will not look so good anymore. TF2 is guaranteed to be one of those films. Actually, I'd say the first is as well.

Great post, and very true. The more you know...

Now all we need is a shooting NBC star overhead.

the_more_you_know.jpg

Critics aside, I'm surprised ROTF is only scoring 7.0/10 on imdb right now. Usually blockbusters have really high scores their first few weeks.

I don't follow IMDB after Aunt Carnage was to appear in SM3.

Probably not their main animated review, but one with Corey & Co-Host:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"