• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Rights to Marvel Characters?

DACMAN

The Spidey Fan
Reaction score
What did that news item mean when it said that the studio would get the rights to the Marvel character if the movie did poorly (HULK and Iron man)? It would own the character all together? Comics, cartoon, film, everything? Or just the movies. I can't seem to find the exact page, but most of you guys should rememeber it.

If Iron Man bombs Marvel won't lose any money they will just exchange their debt for the character license(in this case Iron Man). It would just be the movie license...which may also include all Iron Man Movie merchandise like movie toys, novels, hats, etc. They won't own the comic, tv, cartoon, or regular toy and merchandise rights though.

So since Hulk and Fantastic Four only did average at best,if another movie was made.Would Marvel have any power over it?I personally think this whole "bad movie-lisence exchange" is a bad decision on Marvel`s part.

Same. I'm just happy they're not going to loose any of there characters for good. I wasn't sure how to understand that deal.

Jourmugand said:
So since Hulk and Fantastic Four only did average at best,if another movie was made.Would Marvel have any power over it?I personally think this whole "bad movie-lisence exchange" is a bad decision on Marvel`s part.

actually FF did great, maybe you didn't like it, but the movie made a lot of money and Hulk didn't bomb either, made some money, just not what they expected

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"