10 September 2006
Season 18, Episode 2:
Jazzy & The Pussycats
????
Season 18, Episode 3: Please Homer Don't Hammer 'em
????
Season 18, Episode 4: Treehouse of Horror XVII
4 November 2006

I know a lot of people have out grown the show and/or find it has lost its funny. But I still love it. So if you're still enjoying it here we go.

I can't believe this show has sucked for 10 seasons already. Wow.

I'm waiting for the complete (ok, the first 18) set of Halloween episodes. The other episodes are good, but I'd be happy with just the Halloween ones.

The recent interview with Groening showed some promise for the show as he went on about the new writers being kids who grew up with the good episodes and trying to put the show back on track.

what was even funnier was how he actually mentioned that certain writers crashed the show.

and sunday's episode was pretty funny.

BeserkerHilf said:
The recent interview with Groening showed some promise for the show as he went on about the new writers being kids who grew up with the good episodes and trying to put the show back on track.

what was even funnier was how he actually mentioned that certain writers crashed the show.

and sunday's episode was pretty funny.

I don't think the Simpson well ever be as good as they once were.

BeserkerHilf said:

Who was the interview with? I'd be interested in reading/hearing it.

Can't believe this has ran on tv for as long as it has. They need to do a spin-off show that deals with the Simpson kids all grown up, I enjoy the occasional all grown up episodes they already have & would like to see them more often.

As much as I didn't like the last 6 seasons of the show, I still plan on watching this season religiously. And I must say, the first episode was a better start than I expected.

The shows sucked since Brad Bird left.

tzarinna said:
So none is watching this anymore. :huh:

I watched the episode where Bart became a drummer. Wasn't that great.

Yeah it was.
I've been TiVoing them because of the Amazing Race,but haven't gotten around to watching.

I've been watching it out of habit. And there was nothing sports related that interested me tonight.

I don't know, this season's first two, or is it 3, episodes have been pretty good. They almost feel like the old ones, I say almost because I haven't seen them all and maybe I just want to like them so much.

I wasn't to happy with the ending of Bart being a drummer, it seemed sort of abrupt or tacked on. But the idea was good, and I liked alot of the gags like the ghost dog or the white stripes.

Also Simpsons hasn't sucked for 10 seasons rally, they have had alot of good episodes here and there, I say half of the episodes of the 10 seasons were good and half were bad or at least not as good as season 4 to 6 or 7.

I don't watch the Simpsons anymore. Family Guy is so much better.

the white strip joke was the funniest joke on the simposon's in almost 5 years.

The Simpsons will always retain its status as one of the landmark comedy shows on TV, but the thing is, too many years, too many episodes, it´s impossible to maintain the level of quality. We had endless episodes where Homer screws up big time and is in the dog house with Marge, or where Bart makes a big prank that puts him in major trouble or Lisa is frustrated cuz Homer´s a bad father, etc, etc. Homer is becoming weirder and weirder, as opposed to being just a pretty dumb Average Joe, it´s heading further away from the realism that opposed it to other animated shows and made it "funny because it´s true". But now and then they still come up with an episode that reminds you how cool they were in the old days.

ultimatefan said:
The Simpsons will always retain its status as one of the landmark comedy shows on TV, but the thing is, too many years, too many episodes, it´s impossible to maintain the level of quality. We had endless episodes where Homer screws up big time and is in the dog house with Marge, or where Bart makes a big prank that puts him in major trouble or Lisa is frustrated cuz Homer´s a bad father, etc, etc. Homer is becoming weirder and weirder, as opposed to being just a pretty dumb Average Joe, it´s heading further away from the realism that opposed it to other animated shows and made it "funny because it´s true". But now and then they still come up with an episode that reminds you how cool they were in the old days.
Something like that. You really nailed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"