• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Spoilers thread

At the mid-credit scene when the big reveal was basically Hawkeye, I kid you not, the crowd audibly groaned :funny: absolutely killed me. Poor Hawkeye, everyone's least favorite MCU character.

At the mid-credit scene when the big reveal was basically Hawkeye, I kid you not, the crowd audibly groaned :funny: absolutely killed me. Poor Hawkeye, everyone's least favorite MCU character.

dude Clint gets the shafted every time lol. Same reaction happened at my screening. It’s kinda funny because he was such a badass as Ronin in Endgame. I figured he’d get at the very least some sort of respect. He’s the only original six Avenger who gets a mini series instead of a full film.

What happens between Ross showing up at the end and she in disguise helping to rescue others in the Raft (implied)? Shouldn’t she be locked up as well by Ross? I feel a bit of a gap there up to imagination?

And how Ross can just drive in with his troop in a Russian territory? Or the floating castle just conveniently fell on American soil? I got quite confused by the last scene and felt they tried too hard to connect to IW and whatever future plan with a villain ish build up.

I'm just glad after hearing some say that Natasha felt like a supporting character in this, that is couldn't be further from the truth. It's her story through and through and seeing Natasha finally get the spotlight is what made this movie for me.

There's really nowhere they could go with a sequel starring Scarlett, which is a shame since this could have rivaled Captain America for the best trilogy in the MCU

I thought they missed a golden opportunity to have an emotional scene when Yelena was saying she could not have a period cause of what they did to her but it was played like a typical period joke to gross out her dad marvel needs to cut that out u can have humor of course but man u hire top notch talent let them act you know let me see them go at there father for allowing them to get taken and take away there right to have a family that scene took me out the movie

Also, and as far as villains go, they knocked it out of the park with Dreykov. I haven't seriously disliked a character this much since Hayward back in WandaVision, but Dreykov was an effective antagonist for this movie. Just considering the real world climate of #MeToo and repulsive SOBs like Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby, Dreykov is right up there with those two.

Pillaging and traumatizing women who were innocent girls and turning them into killers, policing their bodies, manipulating them and having them act against their will (even his own daughter), he was a different kind of sinister.

I’m telling you she’s Madam Hydra and is manipulating the board much like Fury only with a unique agenda in play. So far she’s got Yelena and John Walker working for her and I suspect she’s got operatives in play we aren’t even aware off.
Expecting her to recruit Abomination, would seem odd to bring him back in Shang Chi just for a quick brawl.

I had the opposite people cheered and oooohed at it. haha

What happens between Ross showing up at the end and she in disguise helping to rescue others in the Raft (implied)? Shouldn’t she be locked up as well by Ross? I feel a bit of a gap there up to imagination?

And how Ross can just drive in with his troop in a Russian territory? Or the floating castle just conveniently fell on American soil? I got quite confused by the last scene and felt they tried too hard to connect to IW and whatever future plan with a villain ish build up.
Yeah no clue how she realistically got out of that. They leave quite a bit to the imagination with BW history. I thought she may have traded places with another Widow with the face mask but who knows.

Also, and as far as villains go, they knocked it out of the park with Dreykov. I haven't seriously disliked a character this much since Hayward back in WandaVision, but Dreykov was an effective antagonist for this movie. Just considering the real world climate of #MeToo and repulsive SOBs like Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby, Dreykov is right up there with those two.

Pillaging and traumatizing women who were innocent girls and turning them into killers, policing their bodies, manipulating them and having them act against their will (even his own daughter), he was a different kind of sinister.
Absolutely. My favorite scene was probably him and Natasha in the control room and when she finally severed the nerve I couldn't wait for her to kick his ***

I’m gonna get flack, that I thought the Taskmaster twist actually worked thematically for the story they were telling. I mean going into this movie I heard they had apparently ‘butchered’ Taskmaster but I actually thought it was a good move, and when you really think about it - Dreykov is the real villain of the movie, not Taskmaster. So I was cool with the liberties they took with it. Reminds me a bit of what they did with Ghost in Ant-Man and The Wasp. I think it works.
It definitely works. I just wish we could have gotten more from Taskmaster. Seemingly all of the action beats are in trailers but Dreykov is the actual villain and other then him getting another scene or two with Natasha, he didn't disappoint.

That's because they adapted the Ultimate version of Clint Barton and not his comic counterpart.

In the comics, Hawkeye is the rogue and hotdog of the group. Arguably, he served a similar role to Wolverine in the X-Men. No one is interested in average, working joe family man Hawkeye. That was a mistake.

But it's a shame they didn't make Hawkeye something more than just a guy who shoots a arrows.

He should be a good guy Bullseye and be able to use anything to fight and always hit the target. The fact that he only used a bow in MCU limited him as a character.

D3BXPbtWwAANN0r.jpg

Natasha was under a hypothetical drug that prevented her from attacking drakoff until she broke her nose to allow herself to regain control and kick his ass. She also manipulated him into revealing his true agenda regarding all his sleeper agents he had around the world. So Natasha played possum to get him to show his hand.

Thank you

Another thing that I hate about prequels is that it really ruins the character motivation for the movie it’s a prequel to. This movie ended with Natasha recognizing she has two families: her Russian family and the Avengers. Yet we didn’t hear a peep about them in Endgame. Yes I know it’s because in real life, the script to Black Widow was still being written. But still doesn’t hold up for continuity.

Just finished it and LOVED IT. so good, so enjoyable, im ready for another prequel w/my girl Natasha!

For those who think that they ruined Taskmaster, I wonder what they think of right before the big unmasking. Sure I rolled my eyes because it allowed Natasha to kind of get away scott free with her past but it wasnt HORRIBLE. Would I have preferred that Taskmaster was someone totally unrelated to her past? Sure. Would I have wanted Taskmaster to get away to haunt someone else another day? Yes. That part is still doable though.

But they had Taskmaster be way to over the top at times. If this organization is supposed to be undercover, not really drawing people to it...having a massive vehicle just killing people left and right on the road of a city...that draws attention. Taskmaster needed a little bit of chill.

Yelena is my new fave, I want her to have her own show, own movie, add her to the Avengers.

Last edited:
Another thing that I hate about prequels is that it really ruins the character motivation for the movie it’s a prequel to. This movie ended with Natasha recognizing she has two families: her Russian family and the Avengers. Yet we didn’t hear a peep about them in Endgame. Yes I know it’s because in real life, the script to Black Widow was still being written. But still doesn’t hold up for continuity.

At what point in Endgame should they have been mentioned, in your opinion?

Just got home from my second Black Widow viewing and I liked it just as much, if not a little more the second time. I still maintain it's some of the best action in the MCU - at least early on. The first two encounters with Taskmaster are really well done and so is the fight between Nat and Yelena.

I think they could have done a little better job with the action in the second half though.

Still, my favorite scene was Natasha and Dreykov in the control room. Arguably one of the best in the MCU for me.

It felt different then other MCU films

I was really expecting Taskmaster to go up against the entire "team" instead of just taking each one on 1on1.

It is nice that the post credit scenes are acknowledging the Disney Plus shows now
I like it too but also hard to tell which came first. BW was suppose to come out last year. Only the movies moved not the D+ shows I believe. Val could be a movie character that happens to show up on the shows. Like Sitwell appeared on Agents of Shield at one point.

At what point in Endgame should they have been mentioned, in your opinion?

The early War room scene in Endgame is the only one I could think of when Cap comes in talks, the "Some people move on but not us" scene. Clint and her only traveled on the planet and she sacrificed herself, because she saw Clint as family. Maybe the small nod would have been when Red Skull says daughter of so and so. It may have just been forced if she mentioned Yelena and the others during the chaos going on, plus they had a time jump.

The way this movie started off really caught me off guard and honestly seemed like a much more interesting movie than what we ended up getting.

I really wish the rest of this movie had that kind of grounded, spy feel because it definitely felt like a different kind of pace for the MCU and I wanted more of that in this.

The big action set pieces were my least favortie thing about this movie, especially when it got to the third act, but that intial fight between Natasha and Yelena was great.

I also completely forgot Ray Winstone was in this and while I thought he was good peformance wise I didn't like the fact that he ended up being just another exposition heavy villian towards the end.

I'm also still tripping out on the fact that they got a fairly under the radar actress like Olga Kurylenko in this who I am a fan of and always have been as Taskmaster.

I guess I should have expected since she was listed in the credits, but damn is that random and out of the box casting for Marvel, although I'm glad she got another high profile role after so many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"