The Spoilers thread

Yeah after my second watch I liked the first half a considerable amount more than the second. Probably up until they rescue Alexei but the Red Room stuff in the third act was really good too and my favorite scenes in the entire movie. The family dinner and interaction there at Melina's home had some great stuff as well.

I liked those scenes aswell, but they didn't elevate the movie for me as much as I thought they would and to me it still felt like we didn't spend enough time with either David Harbour or Rachel Weisz to get enough of an emotional investment in the whole family element they tried to introduce in this movie.

I still liked their characters though and the natural chemistry they all seemed to have with eachother, but I would have liked more of it. Also, Red Guardian deserved atleast one standout, badass moment in the movie because we definitely didn't get that either which is disappoiting considering the character is pretty much a Russian version of Captain America which honestly felt like wasted potential aswell to me.

I enjoyed seeing Harbour flex his range in the role, but him getting his ass kicked so easily by Taskmaster after all that big talk and build-up kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I liked those scenes aswell, but they didn't elevate the movie for me as much as I thought they would and to me it still felt like we didn't spend enough time with either David Harbour or Rachel Weisz to get enough of an emotional investment in the whole family element they tried to introduce in this movie.

I still liked their characters though and the natural chemistry they all seemed to have with eachother, but I would have liked more of it. Also, Red Guardian deserved atleast one standout, badass moment in the movie because we definitely didn't get that either which is disappoiting considering the character is pretty much a Russian version of Captain America which honestly felt like wasted potential aswell to me.

I enjoyed seeing Harbour flex his range in the role, but him getting his ass kicked so easily by Taskmaster after all that big talk and build-up kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
Agreed. I would have liked to have seen more with Alexei and Melina as well as a great action sequence from Red Guardian.

Come on...its not like the character has ever really mattered in the past. And this character is NOT like Captain America. He THINKS he is...and he was intended to be...but it's pretty obvious in the film that it was a bad copy. No need AT ALL to make him any threat. In fact, I kind of wish he wasnt still out there to be used in more adventures.

I thought they missed a golden opportunity to have an emotional scene when Yelena was saying she could not have a period cause of what they did to her but it was played like a typical period joke to gross out her dad marvel needs to cut that out u can have humor of course but man u hire top notch talent let them act you know let me see them go at there father for allowing them to get taken and take away there right to have a family that scene took me out the movie
I don’t think they missed an opportunity. Yelena is a different person than Natasha. We saw Natasha react in Age of Ultron (I think it was that one) and it was one way and Yelena reacted a different way that was more in line with her character and who she was in the comics. A little tougher, blunter Widow.

A huge quibble I have is how Natasha managed to just get away from an entire platoon of soldiers while on foot in an open field. And the fact she just…left her sister again and it was all cool.

It doesn’t really lead well to Natasha having no allies outside the avengers in IW/Endgame.

A huge quibble I have is how Natasha managed to just get away from an entire platoon of soldiers while on foot in an open field. And the fact she just…left her sister again and it was all cool.

It doesn’t really lead well to Natasha having no allies outside the avengers in IW/Endgame.

I'm not really sure that's what happened at all...

I'm not really sure that's what happened at all...

Maybe chalk it up to headcanon but I always figured that scene would end up with Nat getting arrested to be eventually broken out with the other Avengers.
Trailers even showed tactical teams taking up positions in the same field, so obviously something was cut from the final film.

I'd say what happened after that scene and before Natasha got the jet is left pretty vague and open to interpretation. I figured she got away or she was taken into custody and escaped OR she somehow got into custody and negotiated her own release because she is that good.

She did just take down a Russian terrorist network.

I thought they missed a golden opportunity to have an emotional scene when Yelena was saying she could not have a period cause of what they did to her but it was played like a typical period joke to gross out her dad marvel needs to cut that out u can have humor of course but man u hire top notch talent let them act you know let me see them go at there father for allowing them to get taken and take away there right to have a family that scene took me out the movie
I don't think that scene came across as a joke at all so I don't see where you're getting that from. Sorry. Yelena was serious the whole time

I'm just glad after hearing some say that Natasha felt like a supporting character in this, that is couldn't be further from the truth. It's her story through and through and seeing Natasha finally get the spotlight is what made this movie for me.

There's really nowhere they could go with a sequel starring Scarlett, which is a shame since this could have rivaled Captain America for the best trilogy in the MCU

Yeah looking back it feels kind of crazy that they were so reluctant for so long to use Black Widow as a solo hero. The Russian spy stuff was really engaging and a fun angle that the MCU could have gotten a lot more mileage out of if they'd utilized it sooner. Like, is there any good reason not to have had a phase 1 movie about Black Widow defecting from the Red Room, meeting Hawkeye, presumably killing Dreykov and his daughter, and finally joining SHIELD?

The shows moved as well. Falcon & Winter Soldier was supposed to be released first.
Seems the shows did get moved but F&WS was suppose to be August 2020 originally. BW was originally May 2020.

They may have been fine releasing the shows before movies due to pandemic and the shows don't get money.

Wandavision was suppose to lead into Dr.Strange 2 by being out like a 1-2 months before it.

Yeah looking back it feels kind of crazy that they were so reluctant for so long to use Black Widow as a solo hero. The Russian spy stuff was really engaging and a fun angle that the MCU could have gotten a lot more mileage out of if they'd utilized it sooner. Like, is there any good reason not to have had a phase 1 movie about Black Widow defecting from the Red Room, meeting Hawkeye, presumably killing Dreykov and his daughter, and finally joining SHIELD?
Oh, there's one specific reason why we didn't get a Black Widow solo movie sooner but that's a story for another time

Gotta love sexism in Hollywood.

I wasn't expecting much but at the end I got more.
It felt like an early MCU movie.
I very much liked Yelena and her semi serious but smart ass attitude.
Also, I appreciated that an actress with some meat on the bones (for lack of better expression) was cast. She could have get more defined muscles but that's a nit pick.
The fight between her and Natasha was well done, very physical, you could feel the punches.
More Taskmaster fights would have been nice, I liked the inner helmet visuals. I was surprised to recognize Olga Kurylenko under the disfigured make up (I had a moment of doubt but it was her).

I don't think that scene came across as a joke at all so I don't see where you're getting that from. Sorry. Yelena was serious the whole time

So Red Guardian reacting to the "period" talk in disgust didnt come across as a joke? Well it did to me

So Red Guardian reacting to the "period" talk in disgust didnt come across as a joke? Well it did to me

Red Guardian is a comic relief character, so pretty much everything he does is a gag. But Yelina wasn't joking around, she was being irreverent and graphic but there was nothing lighthearted about her attitude.

It wasn't meant to be a joke but probably the standard response of most Eastern Blocish dads. I don't know a lot of them but the few I heard about don't really care to discuss things like that.

It did, but at the same time Red Guardian is/was an oaf who hadn’t comprehended what he put his daughters through.

The bitterness that Yelena and Nat felt was very present.

Seems the shows did get moved but F&WS was suppose to be August 2020 originally. BW was originally May 2020.

Just to be clear, I was saying Falcon & Winter Soldier was supposed to be the first of the shows released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"