The Storm/Ororo Munroe Thread

I've gone back and forth over the years on Halle's performance as Storm. But ever since John Wick, I've decided we all haven't appreciated her enough. And hey, with the old Spider-Men, the Ghostbusters, the Enterprise crew, and even the Power Rangers all coming out of retirement, why shouldn't Halle get another go?

I've gone back and forth over the years on Halle's performance as Storm. But ever since John Wick, I've decided we all haven't appreciated her enough. And hey, with the old Spider-Men, the Ghostbusters, the Enterprise crew, and even the Power Rangers all coming out of retirement, why shouldn't Halle get another go?
Halle Berry hasn't been given the right material in these comic book movies yet. And its too bad. Such a wasted potential really.

And Catwoman is one of the worst Dc movies ever but there's no denying Halle Berry brought some charm into that role. She's a natural star!

The problem with the characterization of Storm is not Halle's fault. The writers and directors did not know how to make her character interesting outside of using her powers.

Because they all were horrible X-Men fans.
"Im a huge fan" "Love the comics" "Storm is one of my fave characters"......... Sure.

Because they all were horrible X-Men fans.
"Im a huge fan" "Love the comics" "Storm is one of my fave characters"......... Sure.
Yeah, no one who truly has Storm as one of their favourite characters would have come up with that.

basically. Her role in Dark Phoenix was...... disgusting, to say the least.
and part of her role in X3 regarding Jean too.
Curiously both movies were written by the same person..... :rolleyes:

She just posted herself with white hair right as Deadpool starts filming..

But she has a cat and her caption says "patience takes practice" which might be a reference to her Catwoman character Patience Phillips.

The problem with the characterization of Storm is not Halle's fault. The writers and directors did not know how to make her character interesting outside of using her powers.

Exactly. She had to fight for Storm to not just be a CGI lightning machine and to actually get some sort of screentime where she talks.

Im dreaming about Disassembled X-men costume for MCU Storm

She also wears this outfit during a long time, even until House of X

I wonder if Storm electrocutes Deadpool. Or if she doesn't have any fight scene in the film.

Just saw this quote from Vaughn. If he is the one defending treatment of a female character, you know it's gotta be really bad.

“I went into one of the executive’s office and I saw an X3 script, and I immediately knew it was a lot fatter. I was like what the hell is this draft. He went, ‘Don’t worry about it,’ and I’m like, ‘No, no. I’m the director. I’m worrying about this draft,'” he recalled. “He wouldn’t tell me, so I grabbed it literally — it was like a crazy moment — opened the first page, and it said, ‘Africa. Storm. Kids dying of no water. She creates a thunderstorm and saves all these children.'”

Vaughn admitted he found it a “pretty cool idea,” but once he learned what was going to happen to the script, his relationship to the project soured. “[I went,] ‘What is this?’ [They said,] ‘Oh, it’s Halle Berry’s script. I went, ‘OK, because she hasn’t signed up yet.’ ‘But this is what she wants it to be, and once she signs up, we’ll throw it in the bin,'” the director said, recounting the executive’s response. “I was like, ‘Wow, you’re gonna do that to an Oscar-winning actress who plays Storm? I’m outta here.’ So I quit at that point .”

Obviously we've known that scenes and dialogue about Storm's past were cut in both X1, X3 and Apocalypse. Halle Berry reportedly also had a lot of conflicts with Bryan Singer about the character. This is the cherry on top. I know I'm biased, but this is just absurd.

That sounds awful.

That being said, I wish Matthew Vaughn didn't leave X3, even if it would have been just a bit better than what we got from Brett Ratner.

Do we want Storm to speak to the weather in almost Shakespearean fashion?

I don't think for every power scene, only when she has a major power display ala when she summoned that F5 tornado, turned the sand into glass in X-Men 97.

Do we want Storm to speak to the weather in almost Shakespearean fashion?

I'm going to say no. Whilst it works in the cartoon, if someone spoke like that in real life, it would be almost comical. Storm's power displays in live action should be awesome not funny. Her enemies should have an "oh crap!" reaction when she starts using her powers, not just stand there doing nothing whilst she rambles on and then there being fart jokes about her "summoning wind".

Dewanda Wise or Jodie Turner Smith...either one gets my vote for Storm

I want her costume to be the iconic 90s costume. But we'll see if we see Halle Berry wears it first.

I'm going to say no. Whilst it works in the cartoon, if someone spoke like that in real life, it would be almost comical. Storm's power displays in live action should be awesome not funny. Her enemies should have an "oh crap!" reaction when she starts using her powers, not just stand there doing nothing whilst she rambles on and then there being fart jokes about her "summoning wind".

I think it could be done in live action...but not by the MCU. The MCU just has too much of an irreverent, self aware tone for certain things to be taken seriously in it.

Alexandra Shipp would be perfect as Storm if she hadn't played her in the X Men First Class franchise but other actresses who also can play Storm: Kiki Layne, Aja Naomi King or Anna Diop

I think it could be done in live action...but not by the MCU. The MCU just has too much of an irreverent, self aware tone for certain things to be taken seriously in it.

I think there are certain things that work well in animation that wouldn't translate over as good into live action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"