The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

bkhxwX1.jpg

With the new trailer, you can kind of tell that Will Smith's Bloodshot was originally written to come back as Bloodsport hits the same character notes with the daughter and the Amanda Waller relationship. Kind of funny all they really did was change the last few letters of the name when he turned it down lol

With the new trailer, you can kind of tell that Will Smith's Bloodshot was originally written to come back as Bloodsport hits the same character notes with the daughter and the Amanda Waller relationship. Kind of funny all they really did was change the last few letters of the name when he turned it down lol

Deadshot.

AdorableHarmfulGreendarnerdragonfly-size_restricted.gif

I loved everything about this (trailer is already better than the previous hideous movie:mad:). It looks like it's going to be the best DC movie since a certain awful director took over DC.
I didn't know that Cena is this funny btw, I'm watching Peacemaker.

And yes we already know some fans of that certain director hate jokes, comedy, fun, or whatever. You don't need to repeat the same thing in every post.

Bloodshot_Gif.gif

Looks like a ton of fun and makes me wish Goyer’s Suicide Squad never existed because I wonder if this will be well received by the general audience. Elba’s Bloodsport looks like a significant upgrade from Deadshot and King Shark, Weasel, and Polka-Dot Man look like they’ll be scene stealers.

Be honest, that killing 27 children joke was a reference to the time oversensitive soccer moms tried to cancel Gunn.
I was already disturbed by that nasty weasel, and had trouble even looking at it. I really didn't need to imagine that abomination preying on and murdering 27 children. Thanks, Gunn.

I sat through this trailer with a straight face.

The jokes just didn't land. Whether it was the trailer editing or the film itself is TBD.

I'm a huge fan of James Gunn, and his comedy. However, I hope WB wasn't interfering with this production, as they normally do.

Harley Quinn taking a dump. Butthole jokes.. It all just seems really low brow, and dumb.

The main Idris Elba daughter plot seems rather derivative.

I sat through this trailer with a straight face.

The jokes just didn't land. Whether it was the trailer editing or the film itself is TBD.

I'm a huge fan of James Gunn, and his comedy. However, I hope WB wasn't interfering with this production, as they normally do.

Harley Quinn taking a dump. Butthole jokes.. It all just seems really low brow, and dumb.

The main Idris Elba daughter plot seems rather derivative.

That's James Gunn. Without Feige or a determined executive keeping him restrained Gunn descends into juvenile humor.

Just saw the trailer. This film is going to be a crazy fun ride.

It didnt impress me that much to be honest. Bloodsports entire scene with Waller just seemed like a retread of Deadshots storyline with his daughter. But Im interested to see how it all turns out.

That's James Gunn. Without Feige or a determined executive keeping him restrained Gunn descends into juvenile humor.

Haha.
Would be funny if the DC fans demonize him as the next Whedon. Sabotaging the DCEU.

I do think Gunn is super talented. I'm not confident in WB though.

All that being said, if the 2016 Suicide Squad (yuck) could have some general audience and fan appeal, this probably will as well. There's an audience for this.

There's an audience for Thunder Force too, apparently..

Superman in the ICU... Oh how serious. Not.

Now an article from Gunn saying he lost his spleen from the Kryptonite bullet as a little added pullback revisionism where able to go further while promoting said film. Overall, there's an audience for this sort of thing. A bit SJW feminism Gunn can't help but deliver with heavy handed jeuvinile glee. A bit of Troma level schlock coupled I suppose will sell somewhere... Knuckleheaded fans asking and hoping this will connect to The Batman will ensue...

Sequels with blended tonalities? Yeah, this makes me glad WB isn't pushing the DCEU idea onto everything otherwise it will push me right out as a viewer.

I hope this movie really lands, especially for Margot Robie. Her Harley Quinn appeared in a movie most people hated but made a ton of money and movie that people....kinda sorta liked (?) but bombed at the box office. WB keeps pushing her Harley but she needs to star in a bonafide hit and this needs to be it.

And for the record, I like Robie as Harley but...I feel theres other actresses out there who would really embody the character and make her a runaway hit.

So wait a second now it is WBs fault that Gunn's jokes might not land? There has not been a hint of studio interference and I am pretty sure he has said flat out they left him alone but...ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"