The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

The critical acclaim this movie is getting isn't surprising, Gunn has proved to be a competent director with the Guardians films so i have expectations for a good or great film.

Can't wait to see this.

100% at over 40 reviews in is insanely good. I'm sure it'll go down, but man! Next week can't get here fast enough.

The one rotten review was rated C+, so it was mistakenly labeled rotten and is changed to fresh now.

Provided nothing comes along that tanks the score… biggest ever bounce-back from first film to sequel?

I mean, ****, didn’t Ayer’s end up in the 20s?

gunn brought some of that critical goodwill over from Marvel, I'm not surprised in the least. I hope he chooses to take full advantage of the carte blanche WB is about to give him, even more so than he currently has.

Well he basically said he was in an interview last month. He likes the wacky stuff he can try at WB and now they will just let him run wild. He could ask to make Ambush Bug and they would sign him for three films.

It sucks the Pandemic will hurt the BO but if it gets views on HBO Max that will offset it.

Provided nothing comes along that tanks the score… biggest ever bounce-back from first film to sequel?

I mean, ****, didn’t Ayer’s end up in the 20s?

Yeah I'd say biggest. The only other bounceback film I can think of right now is Fast Five but that's from a 4th movie of a fading IP versus a first film.

Right now Suicide Squad is tracking low for the opening weekend box office and I'm concerned the pandemic is going to prevent this movie from having legs like in normal times, but maybe these unanimous reviews will give it enough a bump to satisfy WB.

Some people are salty that this is getting high RT rating

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzEyMDRmOWQxLTAwYTAtNDI3NC1iNWNkLTUzMDdjNmJjN2U5MC5qcGc=

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzE4NWU3MjhiLTcxY2YtNDg5My05Nzg2LTEwYjJkZTMwYWViOS5qcGc=

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzc2NTU1ZTA2LTM3NjMtNDNiNC1hMjJhLWFiOTk4NWQzYWQ3ZC5qcGc=

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzI1ODNjNTUwLTVmN2MtNGZiZC05Y2I1LWUyMWMwZDRiZWJhMi5qcGc=

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzL2VhN2U2YzYyLTIxNzYtNDlkNy05ODM1LTU1ZDI0ZThmZTczMC5qcGc=

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzk2MzhkMmQ2LTczNGItNGIyMy1hOTczLWExMDI5ZjI0MTcyNS5qcGc=
ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzhiYzgyNTE1LWYwYzEtNDE5OS1hYmNiLTM2YTgyMGM0ZWQ2Mi5qcGc=

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzL2U0ODk2Mjk4LTFkMTgtNGJiNS04ZTRkLWY4YTFjMjk1NTQ1MC5qcGc=

This is what happens when you have a creator that understands the material and is allowed to express his vision without restraints. So damn happy for James and everybody involved.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd say biggest. The only other bounceback film I can think of right now is Fast Five but that's from a 4th movie of a fading IP versus a first film.

Right now Suicide Squad is tracking low for the opening weekend box office and I'm concerned the pandemic is going to prevent this movie from having legs like in normal times, but maybe these unanimous reviews will give it enough a bump to satisfy WB.

HBO Max viewings will help just like with WW84. WB seems to have been ready for possible losses on these films so I wouldn't worry too much about the BO with the reviews it is getting.

This is what happens when you have a creator that understands the material and is allowed to express his vision without restraints. So damn happy for James and everybody involved. Very curious what this means for future DC movies. If this amount of freedom has been given to Matt Reeves, and others, we are in for a really wild ride.

This amount of freedom was given to Patty on both her films. From all accounts Wan had control as did Sandberg.

Honestly, at this point in time, every box office tally comes with an asterisk. No movie is doing what they would be doing under normal circumstances, even if there are people out there saying we’re back to normal. Huge box office is essentially bragging rights that obviously I would love to see this have, but I don’t think the future of this property or Gunn’s involvement hinges on that as much as the praise it’s been getting.

This amount of freedom was given to Patty on both her films. From all accounts Wan had control as did Sandberg.
I loved the first Wonder Woman as well as Aquaman and Shazam, so that definitely shows. I should've said "continued to do so" haha.

As long as this movie is good, I wouldn’t mind this being the very last Suicide Squad movie we ever get. If I had to choose between the last movie being a good movie with bad box office and the last movie being a bad one with good box office. I’m obviously choosing the former.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"