The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

I have no problem with Gunn, just the exaggerated and therefore unreliable reviews that appear with every movie made by a popular creator, I still remember how GotG2 was called the best movie ever and even better than GotG1.

Reviews are out in France, since yesterday. Calling it a great piece of blockbuster film Making. Ecran Large say that should be the quality standart for any blockbuster. Great fun (one reviewer said it is basically for the first hour the Gotg2 prologue) with some great characters moments. Tone is all over the place in a good way. They say, there are a few short coming, like pacing in some places, but overall it should be a great time at the movie, for a lot of people.

I have no problem with Gunn, just the exaggerated and therefore unreliable reviews that appear with every movie made by a popular creator, I still remember how GotG2 was called the best movie ever and even better than GotG1.

Well that is just how things are in the RT/Social Media Age. Hyperbole is needed just to get noticed.

In current climate, getting moviegoers into theaters is a challenging task, how will under-selling the movie (by doing low key promotions) and playing down it's appeal to general audience help ?

No matter how good your movie is, in times of pandemic, people will think twice before going into theaters, they would be much less inclined to buy a ticket if the movie's marketing fails to hype it up.

wow a 9/10 and a 10/10. I can't wait for next week!!

Last edited:
gunn brought some of that critical goodwill over from Marvel, I'm not surprised in the least. I hope he chooses to take full advantage of the carte blanche WB is about to give him, even more so than he currently has.

Just saw a review that said it's a DC comics masterpiece. Pretty sure Gunn will be sticking with DC for a while after he finishes Guardians 3.

Gunn will most likely direct a sequel to this and maybe some other team-up movies that have mix of well known and obscure DC characters like Batman and the Outsiders.

Wow, I dug GotG2 but I wasn't expecting this to be such a hit with critics.

Gunn will most likely direct a sequel to this and maybe some other team-up movies that have mix of well known and obscure DC characters like Batman and the Outsiders.
I would not be shocked if he directs Harleys next solo movie.

I know he might not be interested and there’s a chance he might not fit the tone, but if WB ever decides to go for another JL movie, they better at least run it by him first.

I would not be shocked if he directs Harleys next solo movie.
Margot is not interested in solo Harley movie, she thinks the character works best when Harley is interacting with many other people, so I think it's team-up movies for Gunn, dealing with number of characters is obviously his strength.

Margot is not interested in solo Harley movie, she thinks the character works best when Harley is interacting with many other people, so I think it's team-up movies for Gunn, dealing with number of characters is obviously his strength.
True, but she does want something between Harley and Ivy so if there's a way James can weave that in with something else, I could see it happening.

I know he might not be interested and there’s a chance he might not fit the tone, but if WB ever decides to go for another JL movie, they better at least run it by him first.
For next JL movie, maybe James Wan would be a better fit. But it's hard to convince Wan to do something unless he wants to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"